Incoming: Star Fleet Academy TV Show

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
How do you guys find so much time to binge a show during a month, or several shows.

It's all I can do to find the time to watch a show sporadically through the month!

Well, I make the effort to watch shows.

However, I was able to binge the Star Trek shows due to the 'Rona.

Ixal

Hero
What era is this Academy show set in?

(not that we're allowed to watch Star Trek any more over here)
No, my comment about Tilly was made in jest/speculation, just because her being send the the academy and then an acedemy show being announced kinda fits.
And unless the actor wanted to quit there is no reason for the studio to remove the last few semi-interesting characters from the Discovery dumpster fire unless they intend to give them their own show, unburdened by Mary Sue Burnham

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, my comment about Tilly was made in jest/speculation, just because her being send the the academy and then an acedemy show being announced kinda fits.
And unless the actor wanted to quit there is no reason for the studio to remove the last few semi-interesting characters from the Discovery dumpster fire unless they intend to give them their own show, unburdened by Mary Sue Burnham
Did you mean to reply to somebody else?

Ixal

Hero
Did you mean to reply to somebody else?
No, but in my mind for some reason I changed your "What era is this Academy show set in?" to "Does someone know un what era is this Academy show set in?", hence my initial "No".

Either way, when I made my Tilly comment on the first page it was not because of any knowledge about the Academy series, just my mind connecting those two events.

IIRC, the third season of Picard will be the last one. It is apt to be done before we see the ST: Academy show.

Yes, I think the idea has been floating around ever since the period when Wesley Crusher was in the Academy.

I think there's some problems with the general concept, to be honest. If life at Starfleet Academy isn't scholastically dull, there's a serious problem on the planet that should not be allowed to linger for years of a series.
Yep, that was the original idea, get him his own vehicle, but it never quite worked. All they got was the episode where it all went sideways.

I believe the scuttlebutt was in ended up playing more like Star Trek 90210... lol

Hex08

Hero
Yep, that was the original idea, get him his own vehicle, but it never quite worked. All they got was the episode where it all went sideways.

I believe the scuttlebutt was in ended up playing more like Star Trek 90210... lol
As an interesting aside, I recently watched The Center Seat, a recent docuseries about Star Trek. In the show it was mentioned that one of the series being considered around the time of the original animated series a Starfleet Academy series. It would have had each of the main TOS characters have an Academy Cadet assigned to them. I wish I could remember the name of Spock's Vulcan cadet, but it was something ridiculous like "Bob" or "Kevin"

Remove ads