• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IndyPendant's Sunless Citadel

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Dengar Tonhil

As his eyes caught the movement of a man on the edge of his sight, Dengar raised his hand and pointed in the direction of the houses.

"I saw someone duck between the houses up there. Prepare yourselves."

Moving quickly towards the two houses, Dengar wondered if the others would grope in the darkness or think to light a torch to see by.

'I guess a stumble will be my answer....'

IndyPendant

First Post
Dengar leaves the rest of the group behind, hustling towards where he saw the man duck between the houses. He rounds the corner--and sees the man calmly standing, facing a wall, his back to Dengar--and his pants down slightly to bare his butt! He is the only one Dengar sees--except his companions, who are all still standing in the torchlight from the inn's door.

As Dengar scans the area quickly, the man draws up his pants and turns around. Dengar recognizes the man as indeed one of those seated at the other table at the inn. The ruffian calmly ties up his breeches, grinning at Dengar knowingly as he asks with mild sarcasm, "Is there something wrong, hero?"

Lehko growls, his patience for the no-horse town waning quickly. "Hero indeed." He grabs one of the torches off the inn entrance and passes it to Jair, keeping the other for himself. "This is ridiculous, but I still don't like it. You are skilled in the natural ways. See if we can find the trail." He does so himself, stooping and trusting the others to keep an eye out.

[[Relevant search and/or survival checks to see if tracks are apparent.]]

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Frustrated at seeing nothing more than someone finishing from using the bathroom, Dengar ignored the man's verbal jab and returned to the road, looking around once more for the drunken bard. Seeing the others still standing at the doorway, Dengar wondered where the young man could be.

'Already he has caused more trouble than the entire trip here.'

jayaint

First Post
Ydyr seems hesitant. The dark, the rain, the travelling have all put him well out of his comfort zone. He will move with the group [[Listen-ing and Spot-ing]] but doesn't like this situation one bit.

Mithran

First Post
Heirmund (illusionist)

Heirmund takes in the situation then say's "I think we are all getting a bit worked up about nothing are we not?. After all the bard will probably have gotten to wherever he is staying by the time we find his trail and no harm will have come to him."

"I don't mean to discourage the search by saying this, it's just a reminder that this is probably not to serious. And in any case I'm only going to slow you tall-folk down so I'm going to go back inside" with that Heirmund walks back inside and sits down at the groups table.

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Dengar (Fighter)

Watching the gnome go back inside, Dengar knew the gnome had spoken truthfully, but he still felt uncomfortable leaving the seemingly drunken bard to tempt the gods with his fate.

"I will wait a few minutes longer before I return to the inn. Those that wish to return, keep my place reserved for me."

Straining his ears, but doubting he will hear anything, Dengar listened and looked into night around him.

IndyPendant

First Post
You all stand around, feeling worried for the bard's safety--but also slightly annoyed at his naivete, and even feeling a little foolishly paranoid. Indeed, Heirmund has already had enough and gone back inside, where he sees Innkeeper Garon about to go upstairs. The Innkeeper starts almost guiltily at the sight of him, and hesitates for a moment, before turning and heading back towards the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Lehko and Jair search the ground hoping to find tracks indicating which way people went. However, this proves harder than they expected, and without at least some experience or training at recognizing the signs of movement, everything is just a jumble of confusion.

Dengar tries to listen for anything, but the man behind him is making too much noise as he lifts his feet, shaking some of the mud off them, leans and rubs his shoulder against the wall, and coughs a few times (not bothering to cover his mouth.) It is Ydyr, still near the inn door, that hears something. In the opposite direction from Dengar, Ydyr distinctly hears the sound of someone exclaiming loudly--a noise which cuts off very abruptly.

((Listen checks: 5+0=0 and 12+5=17 respectively.))

JimAde

First Post
Jerek shrugs. "Sorry to lead you all out here for nothing. I guess I'm just being skittish. Let's get back inside." He turns and heads back toward the inn.

[OOC: Sorry for my absence. I got hit with a nasty stomach flu and am just now recovered. Blech. ]

jayaint

First Post
"This way!!!!" Ydyr cries and dashes towards the faint sound he heard. "Grab Heirmund & Dengar and follow me!!"

Stop trying to be a hero, he thinks to himself. It is a new "me", he replies to himeslf, and I think that I *am* a hero.

Remove ads