Insanely high powered entities from my storyline/ Gods and Monsters update

I also really like the novella..err description. In it you mention some anomaly that looks like "a pac-man like red dwarf star" Any chance you can make stats for it?
So all of those are Solarius's generals, or at least those things are the same species. The pac-man like red dwarf was literally nicknamed Mr. Munchie in my campaign, he's called a Fames Novae, a Hungering Star, the vegetation thing is called a Galaxy in Green its from someone on here's old signature, they had this cool thing about "What's beyond the Akalich and what's beyond the Odium a Galaxy in Green." I'll try to find the actual quote and give credit where it's due. The Galaxy in Green was called Viridian, the giant pseudonatural tangle of tentacles and eyes was called Ovnunu and it was a pseudonatural ooze of some sort, I think just like an ochre jelly but super advanced and with the anomaly template.

the Pov character of the story where selune was introduced, you said the anomlies were solarius's generals, and so i assumed it was solarius( from selunes' thread)

So all of those are Solarius's generals, or at least those things are the same species. The pac-man like red dwarf was literally nicknamed Mr. Munchie in my campaign, he's called a Fames Novae, a Hungering Star, the vegetation thing is called a Galaxy in Green its from someone on here's old signature, they had this cool thing about "What's beyond the Akalich and what's beyond the Odium a Galaxy in Green." I'll try to find the actual quote and give credit where it's due. The Galaxy in Green was called Viridian, the giant pseudonatural tangle of tentacles and eyes was called Ovnunu and it was a pseudonatural ooze of some sort, I think just like an ochre jelly but super advanced and with the anomaly template.

the Pov character of the story where selune was introduced, you said the anomlies were solarius's generals, and so i assumed it was solarius( from selunes' thread)

Oh I see, I changed the post a little bit to make it less confusing.

No, Solarius was a stage 6 Highlord and an Aspect. She'd slaughter Saelune. I mean, to be fair they're at relatively similar power and neither would actively seek to fight the other, but Saelune and Solarius both know that Solarius is far more powerful.

Even her Anomaly generals are stage 3 Highlords at this point in game so the beings presented are just the same species, not the actual generals themselves.

I more wrote them in for fun and because they were a little more interesting than just basic "tentacled tar like lovecraftian horror" monster, you know?

That said. I could stat out Ovnunu, Mr. Munchie, and Veridian if you all want and the beings they're derived from. It'd be cool to create some Anomalies.

I usually write in generic "protagonists" for these short story descriptions. I write them in such a way that they mimic a PC or at least the reader can ascribe anything they want to them. Go ahead and check out my descriptive texts for the Void Lord, The Neutronium Leviathan, The Eschatolic Dragons, all of three, the Time Lords , basically any of my creations and they all have basically the same person in the beginning, a nigh unstoppable cosmic Lord of some sort, finally reaching a goal of some sort, and being utterly surprised at what they find as they come across a tremendously powerful entity of some sort.

I wrote it that way on purpose to both take the focus off the main character so to speak, and yet also be able to describe the actual focus of the story in a way that isn't just a list of its attributes. I can delve more into the cunning and modus of the being in question while also providing DMs an idea of how such a being should be described in game.

For contrast take this example; "You see a 10 ft tall red lionine demon with two twisted horns and a forked tail, it's eyes appear like molten gold, fire licks out of it's mouth with every breath, a pair a massive batlike wings protrude from it's back"

That might be a fine description but it tells you nothing of the being’s mentality, it's mindset, what it wants, etc, it's just a generic monster, raaaagh! That might be fine for run of the mill enemies, but for unique and terrifying beings like Gankyil Dragons and Inertia Golems, I think they need more.

I never try to ascribe much to the "protag" though as the description isn't about them, it's about the being who's stat block is in question.

Maybe I'll start writing a few little novellas here and there just for fun, I'll be able to flesh these characters out more for everyone.

Last edited:

Oh i see yeah that makes sense. I look forward to seeing those stats!
Cool I'm working on Solarius right now, though she's a headache to make lol. I'll make her 3 generals and her husband, King Mokis, a stage 5 Highlord Minotaur Barbarian Paladin once I'm done with her. Hope you guys enjoy them whe they're done. 😁

Hey again guys, still working on it. I'd say it'll probably be done in the next few day, I've just been working my ass off, just picked up a new bartending gig, so I haven't really had much time to work on Solarius the way I'd like too. I am working on it though so thanks for your patience.

Hey again guys, sorry I've been absent so long, I've been super busy at work and just haven't had much energy to work on this stuff. I have 3 or 4 major posts that are near completion and I'm planning on completing them in the near future so stay tuned for that, but I thought I would just give all of you an update.

Remove ads