log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Easy!" Bimpnott rushes over to Albrecht. "It's over. You're alright now, friend."

The firbolg hunches down to look the dwarf in the eyes, looking for signs of lasting mental damage.

Then he looks intently at the others, fortunately finding no serious trauma as far as the former watchman can tell.

"Hostile surroundings," he summarises the situation as if talking to his former colleagues of the watch. "The boy is a priority; don't get distracted."

OOC: Was the door unlocked? I don't see any definite word on that. If so, Bimpnott moves beyond it.
 

log in or register to remove this ad



mips42

Explorer
All three doors are unlocked and open easily. The double doors open into a large room, the single door into what looks like it might have been a pantry or larder.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Are you in there, kid?" Bimpnott yells after opening each door, then shrugging and moving on to the next if he gets no reply.

"Guess we need to find another way up. Did anyone see a back door?"
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Albrecht has a painful headache, and is not amused. He checks the larder to see if the child might be hiding in it, pounding on the back wall, to see if it opens to another room. "Doors on both sides of these things, in fancy houses like this," he says. "You never know."

Assuming it is an empty larder, he goes into the next room, rubbing his temple with his thumb.
 

mips42

Explorer
As you enter the large double doors, a large room opens before you. A large chandelier hangs from the high ceiling, and an old dance floor stretches before you. A large glass folding door opens onto an alfresco area on the east wall.
As you walk into the large ballroom, you see the man who had rushed at you, ending the ghostly dinner party in the dining room, materializing from thin air. Here, though, he seems younger somehow, as if this is a vision into an earlier time in his life.
A beautiful woman enters from nothingness, dressed in a flowing black gown, her eyes dark and her visage dangerous. He holds her and looks into those eyes, and she looks back into his.
“We will disappear, just the two of us, my love” the man says dreamily.
“Oh, General Montharthas, but what of your wife? And we have work to do.” She reminds him.
“Never mind her, she will cope. And your army of undead..."
"Let us not talk of this tonight” she replies as their apparitions fade and the room is once again empty.
 

Attachments


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Mind the chandelier," Bimpnott whispers as he walks behind Albrecht into the large room, careful to never move beneath the hanging lamp.

With a sigh, the firbolg watches the scene play out before them again. He closes his eyes in concentration, and the ghostly man's voice sounds once more, "No, talk now!"

Bimpnott opens his eyes and waits for something to happen.

OOC: Using the Minor Illusion cantrip to create the apparition's voice.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We will have to go through this house if we're to confirm that the boy is or was here. But I don't like the talk about undead army."

Umbril looks around unimpressed. It is too tidy for an abandoned mansion, but since there are ghosts walking, there are maybe ghost maids too? He wonders about it as he wonders about.

As is his want, he casually pulls aside curtains, twists wall fixtures and otherwise fiddles with everything and anything catching his fancy.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"I'm not sure why we are going this way," Terry says. "Do you really think the boy would have ignore the man telling him he should not be here in the previous room? In any case let's get through these rooms quickly."
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"He ran away," Bimpnott says with a shrug. "Not one for listening to his elders. Authority issues, most likely."

Then he looks back at Terry. "Yes, then find a back door. If not here, the boy must be somewhere in the woods."

The large firbolg suppresses a shudder.

"Hope he's in the house," he mutters to himself, remembering the very woods attacking him.

OOC: Checking everything inside for any open or secret doors, before heading out and walking around the house to find another way in.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Hope he's in the house," he mutters to himself, remembering the very woods attacking him.
"We should still check everything in here. Too many bad things happening. And that portculis needs lifting. Once we're in the forest there is no way to track the boy and we're back to wondering around in hopes something happens."
 
Last edited:


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
"I'm actually concerned more for the spirits we saw outside. Or whatever they were," says Albrecht. "Let's continue to search this house. We know from the outside of the house, there are rooms to the east here that we can still check."

He continues to explore the house, unhappy with the phantoms and things they keep seeing. He is holding his axe tighter than normal.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I would say the spirits are or were inhabitants of this house before some evil befell them. And spirits are abominations in the eyes of Our Queen of Memories." Umbril seems unusually (for what you've seen up to now) somber "We should try and clear this place. Even if the boy isn't here, someone else can stumble upon it and lose its life or worse. We should look a bit more. There must be a way to open that portculis."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
OOC: Nice. Okay, so where is the portcullis? DOes it prevent access from the room at the top left on the map to anywhere further East? i.e. does it block under the stairs? If not, that's where Albrecht heads.
 

mips42

Explorer
OOC: correct on the portcullis. it was blocking the stairs to the second floor and possobly basement. the griffin statue arm moved but made no changes you could see. As far as I know, you are all still in the ballroom discussing what to do. there is a door leading out to a patio-type area or you can go back through the house...
 


COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top