log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods

mips42

Explorer
You step through the door and out onto a stone tiled area with what would have been a sizable pool but is now a murky, insect-ridden mess. The water remaining in the pool is still and algae green, nothing can be seen beneath its surface. However, every now and then, a ripple emerges from its depths. There are multiple skeletal remains around the closest side of the pool.
OOC: since Albrecht is first one out, he gets a Wisdom check (not a save)
 

Attachments


log in or register to remove this ad


mips42

Explorer
Maybe it's the weird lighting, maybe it's your Dwarven heritage or... who knows. But, somehow you manage to spot something through the murky waters that you think look like a sword hilt.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril follows outside looking around.
"I can provoke creatures, if there are any, in the water without getting into it."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"It's a crime scene," Bimpnott states upon seeing the skeletal remains, but the smell stops the firbolg from moving any closer.

"Someone should identify those remains and bring them home."

He makes no move to do so, instead waiting for the others.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril whispers something and at the edge of the pool appears one of his shades. It holds both swords and looks down toward water.

OOC: bonus action: manifest echo
 

mips42

Explorer
The group moves out into the patio area as the mists coalesce in to a duplicate of Umbril. There is something... unsettling about the area.
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
"There's something inside. Looks like a sword," Albrecht says, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

"Could be a trap."

He grabs one of the torches from the side of his backpack, and throws it into the pool, near the sword. Making a splash.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We aren't looking for swords," Terry says. "We're looking a wizard's apprentice. We aren't here to solve the mystery of this insane mansion. We're here to find a wizard's apprentice. Getting ourselves killed messing with stuff that doesn't find us the boy will not help us find the boy."

She watches incredulously as he tosses a torch into the water. "Could be a trap? Of course it's a trap. The whole house is a trap. Throwing a torch in the water, or anything disturbing the water, probably sets it off."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"It's probably the murder weapon," whispers Bimpnott. Nevertheless, he stays clear of the water. It reminds him a bit of the foul liquids inside a hag's cauldron.

He shivers.

"Let's not stay here."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We didn't look for the house either, yet here we are." Umbril says. "Besides, since we're already here we might as well make things better."

With a moment of concentration from Umbril, Umbrilecho moves into the water to the place where the torch fell.


OOC: assuming it is within 30' of Umbril, otherwise he moves first :)
 


mips42

Explorer
As you're talking, the torch lands in the brackish water making more of a "Splorch" than an actual splash. Almost immediately, a shape oozes out of the pool and stands. It is tall and thin, like a normal-sized being that's been stretched to a unnatural height. The oozy water slumps off of it, leaving clumps of weeds and lichen clinging to it. It turns to the group and it's face is a mockery of what may have once been human: long, thin, and gaunt with skin the color of bleached bone and dead, black orbs where it's eyes should be.
With a wave of it's claw-like hands, some of the bones scattered around the pool area arrange themselves into skeletons and they, too, turn in your direction.

OOC: Initiative time again.
 

Attachments


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Init: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
woohoo! Umbrils first combat :)

How close is the creature to the echo? Echo is AC 16, 1HP, takes space, can make OAs. In other words it happened before my move or after?
 
Last edited:


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Albrecht scowls at Terry, "Thanks, why don't you go..." he is cut off, as he is looking away, by the sound emerging from the pond.

OOC: Init. 1d20+2=3. Ha!
 




COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top