log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Albrecht's knees buckle, as the creature attacks him, and he begins to scream.

He hears nothing, and wonders if this is death, come finally for him at last. Silence and pain, and the last sight you see.

Well, if it is, he will do his best to die with dignity.

His lips call out the foullest curses he has learned in his time living on this earth, but no one, not him, the creature, or his companions, can discern the precise words as he hefts his axe and again strikes at the creature before him.

OOC: Attack: 1d20+6=16. If a hit, damage = 1d10+4=8 magical slashing damage.
No move.
14 points damage to albrecht.

Does anyone have the reading lips stunt? If so I'll give you swears!
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril makes another quick double-slash, but it seems his previous fury left the weapons out of alignment. His attack and quick follow-up with his offhand interfere with each other and it appears he parries his own attack against the skeletal figure in front of him. But those clangs turn out to be just faints as both blades bite into the held creature.

 

mips42

Explorer
The lanky creature writhes in Bimpnotts' massive grip. It's mouth and eyes glistening in Silent rage. The skin of the thing is both dry, like old leather, and slimy, somewhat akin to that of a slug. It twists and turns trying to get its claws or fangs on it's captor while, at the same time, trying to break out of the Grapple.

OOC: Gonna guess a 10 does not break the grapple, unless Bimp rolls low. :p
Terry @jmucchiello
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott has some trouble holding onto the undead thing as it struggles and almost, too close, slips free. But years of holding down even more slippery suspects means the firbolg knows exactly how to hold a firm enough grip.

OOC:
Gonna guess a 10 does not break the grapple, unless Bimp rolls low. :p

Athletics: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10

So the creature didn’t roll higher than Bimpnott, but it’s close!
 



JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Still holding on to the creature, Bimpnott pushes it down with his impressive size and strength, holding the undead down to the ground.

OOC: I can Shove it to Prone without releasing the grapple. That means another Athletics or Acrobatics contest, which replaces my Attack:

Shove: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17

If successful, the creature also has the Prone condition (disadvantage on attacks, attacks against it within 5 feet have advantage, other attacks against it have disadvantage). It could end the Prone condition by standing up, but that requires half its movement and because of the Grappled condition it has 0 movement.

It’s truly stuck if it fails this contest.
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
The Firbolg is holding the beast, and it's standing right there. "Hold him still, Bimpnott," the dwarf says mouths in the silence stating the obvious.

He swings with his axe, and deals a solid blow.

OOC: Attack: 1d20+6=21. Damage = 1d10+4=12 magical slashing.
HP 25/39.

(edited)
 
Last edited:


mips42

Explorer
After what seemed like a long, bitter struggle early, the end comes somewhat swiftly. With the creature unable to break Bimpnotts' grasp, you are able to finish it off efficiently and with relative ease. With a whispering sigh, it crumples to the patio, finally and truly dead. A tense quiet falls over the patio area as you all just take a moment to breath.
Albrecht wades into the murky waters of the pool, the levels quickly rising to neck deep on the dwarf. Ducking his head below the surface and feeling around for a long moment or two, he grabs and pulls out a long, single-edged sabre. It is well crafted, if sparsely decorated, and in poor condition form being in the water for who knows how long.
this was at one time a fine sword. with a little care, it could be so again
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Any way to drain the pool?" asks Umbril while cleaning his blades. The shade of the warrior sighs into oblivion once more.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott holds the dead creature for a few moments longer, to be sure.

”Any signs of the boy?”

He looks at Albrecht holding the sword, but he waits until his friend shares any details or shows it to him.

”Why would we drain the pool? Do you think it’s contaminated?”

The former watchmen looks down at the decaying corpse in his grasp, lying half in the water, before realizing what he’s saying.

”...Oh.”
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, it would be easier to search it. Can anyone recognize the boy from the skeleton?" Umbril waits for Bimpnott to release the body before removing its head. He shakes his head. "Should have thought of that before. Now I have to clean it again."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Albrecht dries off the blade and swoops it through the air a bit. Satisfied, he answers Terry's question, "'bit scraped, but ready to press on."

Albrecht is wet already, and as he slides the blade under his belt and picks up his axe again. He searches the room, for any additional hints of what has gone wrong with this house. Is there a door to the outside that opens? IF so he opens it, to let in the air.

OOC: As a bard, Albrecht is proficient with long-and-short swords and rapiers, but not scimitars. Where does a sabre fall?
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"How injured is everyone?" Terry asks.

Bimpnott shrugs.

”Nothing serious,” he answers while releasing the corpse and realizing he instinctively released the magical silence upon the creatures demise.

”Could use a nap, though.”

Not expecting one, the firbolg searches the room for something to drain the pool.

OOC: I’m out of Ki so could use a short rest, but I’m fine without.

HP are almost full as far as I could read back.
 

mips42

Explorer
You are all now in a enclosed but not covered patio-type area. There is no obvious way to drain the pool and the only door is the one leading back into the house.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top