log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods


log in or register to remove this ad

mips42

Explorer
Albrechts ax connects with the doll, sending it tumbling a good three feet.

Umbril slashes at the skittering target and one of his blades manages to catch it.

OOC: Umbril posted out of init order so I kept the rolls and used when appropriate. @JustinCase it is your turn.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott mutters to himself, angry at letting go of the evil puppet. He reaches for the doll again, hoping to regain control over the murderous creature.

OOC: Attempt at grapple again:
Attack roll to grab: 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
Opposed grapple roll: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22

Also, sorry for my absence. I was on holiday, like I said in the OOC thread. But I'm back. :)
 

mips42

Explorer
Bimpnott mutters to himself, angry at letting go of the evil puppet. He reaches for the doll again, hoping to regain control over the murderous creature.

OOC: Attempt at grapple again:
Attack roll to grab: 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
Opposed grapple roll: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22

Also, sorry for my absence. I was on holiday, like I said in the OOC thread. But I'm back. :)
Bimpnott grabs the doll again as it tries to wriggle out of his way.
OOC: no worries. hope it went well. @jmucchiello Terrys turn.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I will be mostly or fully offline 22.9 - 26.9 (Wed - Sun) next week. I will post on Tuesday full attack against the doll unless something changes
 

mips42

Explorer
OOC: @jmucchiello :D Yes, the doll looks damaged. Whatever the opposite of a glass cannon is, this is what the doll is. It is hard to hit and hard to hurt but doesn't hit back really hard.
Dex save (with Disadvantage) [19]+4=23 [12]+4=16 The doll somehow makes it's save.
Break grapple attempt (with Disadvantage) [15]+4=19 [2]+4=6. I will presume that the escape attempt fails.
@Kobold Stew it is your turn.
 


OOC: It's reached the point of being naughty word annoying. It's been 8 rounds. 8 round fights should be epic. This is not epic. I don't remember anything about what we doing before this fight started. I think we wanted to find somewhere to try a long rest. But this thing disappears and reappears so much I doubt we can assume anywhere is safe to rest.
 




Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht's axe cleaves through the doll-like figure, causing splinters to fly across the room. But they are not splinters. Bones, sinews, and the cruel laugh of the creature have burrowed into the ugly dwarf's brain, and he is furious with the trouble this creature has caused him and his companions.

It falls silent, at the floor beneath their feet. A nuisance that had challenged them all. The room is still and quiet.
 

mips42

Explorer
The Dolls' carcass, now not much more than torn bits of cloth and straw, falls to the floor , limp. As you sigh in relief, a warped figure, black, red, and twisted crawls out of the lump. Three burning red eyes peer at you briefly and then, with a sound somewhere between nails on a chalk board and metal being torn apart, the thing is torn to shreds and disappears in a thin wisp of oily black smoke.
 

"By the gods of Twilight! Are we still expecting to find this child alive in this house of horrors?" Terry says. "Because I don't see how that's possible."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Surely if he did come in here, then we should pity him. For the child will be as dead as the rest of the inhabitants of this house."

Albrecht feels a draft, and begins to explore the pile of refuse in the corner of the room.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"That was weird," Bimpnott states, simultaneously relieved the doll is gone and frightened by the warped three-eyed figure.

"That boy can't be alive anymore if he went here," he agrees with Albrecht, remembering the many times he himself has now almost died in this place. "If his body is here, we need to find it and give it a proper goodbye, however."

His large eyes look around again, scared.

"But maybe he's not here?" Bimpnott says hopefully.
 


mips42

Explorer
The refuse pile in the corner is only the remains of a long bench, a portion of which Albrecht smashed earlier, stretches the northern wall of this extended waiting room. On the southern wall, two large oak doors stand closed. A tree is carved upon the door with leaves carved at the end of each branch, saying the names of each general that had served and lived within the manor, including their years of servitude. The Generals names appear from the earliest at the top to those later further down. The last name on the tree says “General Oscar Montarthas”; there are no more.
Now that you have a moment, you also find a small chest tucked under the bench.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Suppose we can take a short breather before continuing?" Bimpnott suggests, looking weary.

He also points out the chest under the bench, but he is not getting near it.
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top