Into the Woods

mips42

Adventurer
After what seemed like a long, bitter struggle early, the end comes somewhat swiftly. With the creature unable to break Bimpnotts' grasp, you are able to finish it off efficiently and with relative ease. With a whispering sigh, it crumples to the patio, finally and truly dead. A tense quiet falls over the patio area as you all just take a moment to breath.
Albrecht wades into the murky waters of the pool, the levels quickly rising to neck deep on the dwarf. Ducking his head below the surface and feeling around for a long moment or two, he grabs and pulls out a long, single-edged sabre. It is well crafted, if sparsely decorated, and in poor condition form being in the water for who knows how long.
this was at one time a fine sword. with a little care, it could be so again

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Any way to drain the pool?" asks Umbril while cleaning his blades. The shade of the warrior sighs into oblivion once more.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott holds the dead creature for a few moments longer, to be sure.

”Any signs of the boy?”

He looks at Albrecht holding the sword, but he waits until his friend shares any details or shows it to him.

”Why would we drain the pool? Do you think it’s contaminated?”

The former watchmen looks down at the decaying corpse in his grasp, lying half in the water, before realizing what he’s saying.

”...Oh.”

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, it would be easier to search it. Can anyone recognize the boy from the skeleton?" Umbril waits for Bimpnott to release the body before removing its head. He shakes his head. "Should have thought of that before. Now I have to clean it again."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht dries off the blade and swoops it through the air a bit. Satisfied, he answers Terry's question, "'bit scraped, but ready to press on."

Albrecht is wet already, and as he slides the blade under his belt and picks up his axe again. He searches the room, for any additional hints of what has gone wrong with this house. Is there a door to the outside that opens? IF so he opens it, to let in the air.

OOC: As a bard, Albrecht is proficient with long-and-short swords and rapiers, but not scimitars. Where does a sabre fall?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"How injured is everyone?" Terry asks.

Bimpnott shrugs.

”Nothing serious,” he answers while releasing the corpse and realizing he instinctively released the magical silence upon the creatures demise.

”Could use a nap, though.”

Not expecting one, the firbolg searches the room for something to drain the pool.

OOC: I’m out of Ki so could use a short rest, but I’m fine without.

HP are almost full as far as I could read back.

mips42

Adventurer
You are all now in a enclosed but not covered patio-type area. There is no obvious way to drain the pool and the only door is the one leading back into the house.

Remove ads