log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods


log in or register to remove this ad

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht makes his axe glow, and uses it as a hook to pull the chest out from under the bench. He looks at it. Is there a lock mechanism? Does it look like it is easily smashed? He is a problem solver, looking for solutions.
 

mips42

Explorer
OOC: How long ago is the last general's term of service?
It's difficult to see, the doors are old. Make an investigation check.\
Kobold Stew said:
Albrecht makes his axe glow, and uses it as a hook to pull the chest out from under the bench. He looks at it. Is there a lock mechanism? Does it look like it is easily smashed? He is a problem solver, looking for solutions.
There does not appear to be a lock but the chest is quite heavy. Make a strength check to move it.
 



Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Panting in the corner, Umbril finally pushes away from the wall.

"This doesn't seem like really safe place to rest. But maybe we can bandage our wounds before opening the door. We could also return down there and try to sleep. I don't know about you, but this has been a long day. Let me look at the chest, I had some experience with secret locks."

Str check aid; Investigation; Thieves tools: 1D20 = [12] = 12
1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

OOC: I'm really starting to wonder about coyote roller - in all my games there was a string of really low rolls along the lines 2,2,3,2 then something a bit greater then here again low rolls.
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We can open this when we're about to leave. My gramps once told me a chest this heavy might be used to seal some poison gas inside it. After that stupid doll, I don't want to take any risks."
 




Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"OK, so, let's rest here. Hopefully without interruption." Umbril pulls the parts of the smashed bench in one corner, starting to build a small barricade.
"We can be next to the wall. Please check the wall for more secret passages. Everyone should search, you never know what one sees or misses. Look both high and low since there are these little things running around."
Group investigation (aid another for ?): 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
 

mips42

Explorer
The bench was sturdily made but is now old and a bit dry. The bench itself is far too long to move against the door you entered through but the broken pieces can be used to nar the door that you entered through.
Umrbil, you do not see any secret doors, passages or anything that looks like another way in or out of the room except for the large wooden doors opposite the bench,
As you settle in for a much-needed rest, the house is eerily quiet except for the occasional creek that yoiu presume is wind or the house settling.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
After a quiet catnap against the door, Bimpnott gets up with a little more spring in his step.

"We should have a plan," he states, reminded of the many times he has already gone down. "Do we continue to search the house for the boy, or do we leave? And if we continue, do we keep going room by room?"
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
After a quiet catnap against the door, Bimpnott gets up with a little more spring in his step.

"We should have a plan," he states, reminded of the many times he has already gone down. "Do we continue to search the house for the boy, or do we leave? And if we continue, do we keep going room by room?"
"Do you have better idea? I was looking for him earlier in the forest and this is the only thing found. Now, I'm not a skilled tracker, but the woods, there is something there that pushes you toward this house. I don't care if we find the boy alive or dead, but my take is that the house will not let us leave until we break whatever enchantment or curse is here. Or we die in which case we also don't leave...remember those shades at the entrance."
Umbril passes the hand over his face and grabs the helmet.
"We explore the house and try to piece together what happened here. Maybe then we can leave."

OOC: My understanding was we're taking long rest?
 



JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Sorry, I though short, but I'm fine either way. All of my abilities reset on a SR.


Bimpnott shrugs.

"Fine. Let's go then," he says simply, then starts clearing the way to the big doors they barricaded earlier.
 


mips42

Explorer
OOC: Forging ahead. Use whatever spells and such you want during your rest.

It's not easy resting in this place. the constant gloom, eerie light, and near-silence make for a unnerving experience and, despite your best efforts, it's starting to get to you.
Bimpnott stands and clears away the barricade in from of the door leading out into the rest of the house. where would you like to go?
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top