Into the Woods

mips42

Adventurer
Mertrand smiles
Of course!
He stumps into the shack and returns only a few seconds later with a earthenware jug and several small, brown, wooden bowls.
Now go easy on this stuff. It'll bite ya if you drink too much too fast.
Mertrand proceeds to pour a small amount of the contents of the jug into each bowl, handing one to each member of the group except Angelique.
The liquid is mostly clear, with only a slight tint of yellow. Upon smelling, you get a strong odor of apple and spices, as well as alcohol. Assuming you taste, it is smooth and light. The apple taste is sweet but with a bit of spice to the flavor. Then the alcohol burn hits at the back of the throat. This enhances, rather than detracting from, the previous sweetness. As home-brew goes, it is exceptional.

As Andar's voice echoes in Terry's mind she prepares to scream before she remembers its him and not Brooke talking to her. While he is out of the room, Terry casts Detect Evil and Good.

OOC: For the duration, you know if there is an aberration, celestial, elemental, fey, fiend, or undead within 30 feet of you, as well as where the creature is located.

Duration is Concentration up to 10 minutes.

"We've worked for less, fellows. So we should just go. The longer the boy is in the woods the less likely we are to find him alive."

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: I'm gonna have to do some interpretation on this one because of Reasons. And, BTW, you're not in a room, you're standing outside of Mertrands shack. Also, please remember to mark that spell as cast until you have a chance to rest.

As you mutter the spell and subtly weave the magical glyphs, your mind begins to reach out and touch the world around you. You can sense your companions and their balances of good and evil. From Mertrand you sense... nothing. No good or evil, no sign of aberration, celestial, elemental, fey, fiend, or undead. Nothing.

OOC: I thought we went inside. Okay.

"He's not good or evil either," Terry says. "But then, most people aren't really. They're whatdoyoucallem philharmonic concepts. Only philharmonicizers care about that stuff."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Angelique stares at her companions as they consume the beverage, her head angels as if listening to some hidden whisper.
"Yes, I suppose so," she whispers to the empty space to her left.

As Andar speaks into her mind she turns her unblinking gaze to him, staring at him for some moments. Finally she breaks the contact and sighs. She wondered if he could read thoughts as well as transmit them and felt a swell of pity for him if he could read hers. No one should have to live through that.

As Terry finishes her magical investigation, the girl turns to her.
"Is evil something we do, or is it something inside us?"

As the last of her companions finished the beverages she mused, "I hope that wasn't poisoned."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott takes small sips of his cup. He isn't used to alcohol, but there is something pleasantly spicy about this drink, and besides, it would be rude not to finish it.

He pauses for a second when Angelique mentions it may be poisoned, but then shrugs and continues drinking. He's had too much already so avoid any toxins, and besides, why poison the people you just asked for help?

Focusing on his drink, Bimpnott does not partake in the conversation. The cup is his world at the moment.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Angelique smiles serenely and shrugs. "So innocent....." she whispers.
She moves over to Andar and beckons him to bend down to her and whispers in his ear.

"Andar are you saying he's not real? Because only crazy people talk to people that aren't there."

tglassy

Adventurer
"I'm only saying I can't hear him," he says to her mind before turning back to the hedge wizard. "We will find your apprentice. Do you know where we should start looking, or should we just walk into the forrest and hope we come across him?"

mips42

Adventurer
well, i told him to go in where we usually do. Just on the north side ofvthe village there's a foot oath. Take you right to it. If he's done as told, he should have gone in there. Theres a path to follow but u dont know for sure that he did.

Remove ads