• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

moritheil

First Post
Voidrazor said:
OOC: Is Kaelvorr unconcious?, locked in place? Or is the floor section just no longer animate?

OOC: Something is interfering with his control over the rock. He can try depossessing it if he wants.

Voidrazor

First Post
Kaelvorr abandons the erupted floor section, scanning the area while flying directly towards the iron golem. The fiend resettled there, attempting to assert control over the dangerous construct.

Shayuri

First Post
"I think I can help with that," Silhouette murmurs. She gathers magic energy, chanting in vile Abyssal words, then flings it at the unseen worm that walks!

(Okay. If I can get the worm with a 10' radius burst without hitting a party member, I'll glitterdust him. If not, I'll use a targeted Greater Dispel Magic on him. CL check is 25 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558100/ , which will dispel caster level 14 and less. If there are more magic effects, feel free to roll for me. Bonus is +13)

Shayuri

First Post
(hehe, yes, well...if my efforts fail, I will do that...but I figured it would be IC for her to try to reveal the worm, rather than shout out what's going on, unless shouting out was the only option left :))

moritheil

First Post
Round 4

Some sort of magical barrier repels Kaelvorr as he attempts to possess the golem, and the symbol glows a dull red. Judging from past experience, Kaelvorr guesses this is consistent with a protection from alignment spell of some sort.

Snargle grasps a large adamantine heavy mace in both hands and swings wildly at the statue, failing to land more than a glancing blow.

Silhouette sees Kaelvorr and Rose hanging about near the worm and opts to cast dispel magic. The worm fades into visibility, and an Anticipate Teleportation spell is also dispelled. Making an annoyed sound, the worm suddenly flows over Rose as a wave of writhing maggots, thousands of tiny mouths biting voraciously and stripping a considerable amount of flesh off his frame. The casual and brutal display of power is horrific to watch, and even more unnerving to experience. Rose panics, knowing that he cannot take another such assault. (100 damage, panicked) Gabriel, Silhouette, the gargoyle, and even the ethereal Kaelvorr are all shaken by this. The sight awakens some primal instinct in Snargle's mind, making the troll truly frightened.

Silhouette senses that there are a few more spells she did not succeed in dispelling, but before she can act further, the dark cloud near the entrance gains coherence and advances swiftly on her. As it draws near she has an impression of hundreds of tiny vermin, appearing as black flecks to the naked eye. It moves with surprising speed, stinging and biting. She feels a slight moment of illness, but it passes. (3 damage)

The gargoyle hacks away at the iron golem, though the attacks seem to be less than fully effective. The golem, for its part, continues attacking the troll mechanically. The momentary distraction provided by the attack on Rose proves painful as both swings of the axe connect. (26+31=57 nonlethal damage)

Rose breaks away from the mass of worms engulfing him, losing his weapons in the process but heading away as fast as he can. (Acting on being panicked.)

OOC:

Kaelvorr - Dark One's Own Luck buff used for that saving throw vs. fear.

Isida - I don't have anything entered for Gabriel except singing. If you want to alter your action, feel free to let me know.

Bloodweaver - Is the gargoyle maneuverable enough to hover? If not, you need to describe yourself as flying around. It does make a difference because you might incur attacks of opportunity.

Shayuri - I know it's annoying to update your character sheets in mid-combat, but if there's anything radically different, please look into it. It would be nice if Silhouette's sheet replaced Loriel's, for instance :D

Pyrex - Post Aldred's 4th round action when you get a chance.

Dichotomy - Sorry, but it looks like Rose has no choice for his action this round. For what it's worth, it's not entirely a bad idea for him to get away from that situation.

Voadam - I rolled your attack since I didn't see it (just instructions to attack.) Sadly, I didn't roll very high.

"Snargle flees, retreating back into the corridor. (Acting on being frightened.)" has been removed. I originally had this as a withdraw action, meaning no AOO from the golem. You may want to do the same when you flee (since you can't take any other actions anyhow.)

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Aldred, Cleric, 118/118hp

~Round 4~
Aldred Delay's until after Rose breaks free from the swarm of swarm of maggots then drops a Flame Strike on the kobold/swarm/thing.

(if needed)Spell Penetration: (1d20+17=32)
Damage: (13d6=50)
Ref DC 23

OOC: Would you mind posting an updated map with everyone's positions? Most of my remaining damage spells are cones...

Edit: Fixed wrong damage for Flame Strike

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
moritheil said:
Dichotomy - Sorry, but it looks like Rose has no choice for his action this round. For what it's worth, it's not entirely a bad idea for him to get away from that situation.
No doubt! But I really wanted to get at least one good round of full attacking dervish glory on this thing. Oh well!

Ala Monty Python: "RUN AWAY!"[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Ooc

Pyrex said:
~Round 4~
Aldred Delay's until after Rose breaks free from the swarm of swarm of maggots then drops a Flame Strike on the kobold/swarm/thing.

(if needed)Spell Penetration: (1d20+17=32)
Damage: (15d6=63)
Ref DC 23

OOC: Would you mind posting an updated map with everyone's positions? Most of my remaining damage spells are cones...

OOC: I'll get on it.
Sorry, but would you mind pointing me to Aldred's caster level increase? He's a 13 cleric and I'm just trying to figure out why flamestrike is 15d6 . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads