• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
[COLOR=SandyBrown]Before the Fight, Iuz.[/COLOR]

OOC:
Kalanyr, don't feel obliged in any way. I'm not nagging You for speed. :)

IC:
Dorakaa, Arena's waiting room.

"My lord ... she is unworthy dying of Your blade ! Let us prove our loyalty to You and kill her !"

Black skinned elven woman, more known as Lady Shadow, was trying to persuade her new Master to ... not fight, dread written all over her face. Iuz only grunted, ignoring her completly, wholly contentrated on moving whetstone over greatsword he will be using. Distracted, he spoked with distant tone, while pouring olive over the blade.

"What is Your fear, child ?"

She outbursted, emotions tearing her too strong to care for anything.

"You may die here ! I will die if another God will abadon me !"

He checked blade under the light, his brutal face absolutely uncaring, and spoke sweetly.

"Too bad ... Then You should wish me luck. Now don't distract me, or I will gut You. Blade must be sharp ..."

Iuz grinned in darkened room, his eyes reflecting lights and for a moment light from small window displayed patch of red skin over his shoulder. And muscles moving beyond it like cables. Drow woman departed, infuriated.

"Iuz ... and his old blade, we hadn't seen each other for ages, do You missed taste of blood, my love ?"

The forces on Gibenei! All interested and Serpenteye please check!"

Knight Otu- 50 rPl
Uvenelei- 30 rPl
Kalanyr- 50 regular PL (elves, goblins, some weak fey, orcs, dwarves, animals), 10 elite PL and 1 Epic PL
Venus- 50 rPl and 2 Epic Pl( Nazarn the Hero-Deity)
Festy Dog- Hachiman (3 ePL) and 1 epic PL, 15 elite PL and 150 rPL
Xael- 150 rPl, 25 Elite, 2 Epic and Mordenkainem( 2 Epic) +100 rPl of Salitisa`s undeath if already converted by Xael`s wizards
William- 5 elite PLs and 1 epic PL
Guilt Puppy- 2 epPL, 25 elPL, 120 rPL
Airwhale- 5 Elite and 1 Epic(Foran)
Edena- 10 Elite of Yuan-Ti, and 2 Elite of Ice Elves

My own forces:
- 40 Elite( 12 worth of losses, were replaced by Vampire Drow if possible)
-7 Epic (including Lord Gallador)
- 200 rPl + 200 rPl of Salitisa`s undeath if already converted
- on Oerth: 10 Elite Pl and 2 EPic in reserve, plus any Vampire Drow if left, will join in major battle- not counting in total numbers

And there is allied Warlord, Lord Yaghal: 1 Epic, 10 Elite and 150 rPl( but propably had some losses)

Total number:

-1100 rPL
-147 Elite Pl
-24 Epic Pl

Now, here is some info on the Gibenei Powers, hopefully Serpenteye can give more:

Political Climate: Evil. A dozen little empires squabble for power over this ravaged sphere in an ever-changing patchwork of alliances.
IC: Between 50 and 200 each.
PL: Between an equivalent 100 rPL and an equivalent 600 rPL, mostly regular armies but a few tougher liches and vampire-emperors.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Melkor, you can raise my Regular PL forces to 150. I transport additional 70 rPL from my reserves in Perrenland and Yatil Mountains.

We have one hell of an army.

Last edited:

Yes Xael, but those Warlords have many millions of Undeath warriors

It seems average Power( there are over 10) is:

-100 IC, which they can mobilize into 100 rPl or 1 Elite

-300 rPl- likely 150 rPl, 5 Elite and 1 Epic

So we likely are going to face:

-2000+ rPl
-60+ Elite Pl
-10+ Epic Pl

The trick is that almost all rPl are mindless Undeath. They take orders from Necromancers and greater Undeath, so we must concentrate on Elites and Epics.

Oh, and Vecna might show up.

Xael

First Post
Melkor said:
The trick is that almost all rPl are mindless Undeath. They take orders from Necromancers and greater Undeath, so we must concentrate on Elites and Epics.

Agreed. Once we deal with Elites and Epics, taking care of the undead mobs should become much easier. We just need to find them. And kill them. Hell, once we take out the leaders, we could basically just order the Regular troops to fall back to defensive positions, and have our Epic forces destroy/convert the Regular undead troops, since they can't really be hurt by them. Might take a while though...

Oh, and Vecna might show up.

Well, the more reason to hurry the attack. I mean, it's better to take care of as many enemies as possible before he comes. I wouldn't really like if we delayed the attack too much and he just took over the whole goddamn army...

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Empire of the Yuan-Ti sends 10 Elite Armies to Gibenei. These join the multinational force already there.
The Ice Elves of the Adri send 2 Elite Armies to Gibenei.
The Good Drow are unable to contribute much. However, the equivalent of 1 Elite Army of Good Drow - drow who have made it through Withdrawal and wish to stand against the undead - arrives on Gibenei.
Eilistraee is unable to help. She is occupied with the stricken drow in the Hospice of Stars.

-

Aliador states it cannot send forces. The Empire of Iuz withdrew all it's forces back to Oerth, because of the TEC Vote, and now an enemy host sits on it's borders.
Aliador (and Ratik and the Lendores, it's allies) states it has 1 to 3 Epic, 25 Elite, and 100 Regular Armies it would be willing to contribute to the effort on Gibenei, if the threat of attack from an outraged and violent Iuz was not present.

Perhaps the TEC Pact would intervene?

Aliador proposes that:

If Iuz would immediately recommit his forces to Gibenei and to the multinational effort against the undead there, then ...
He should be immediately acquitted of all charges against him under the TEC Pact.

A good act to rectify an evil act, state the elves, is a fair trade-off.

What does the TEC Pact have to say?

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Aliador proposes that:

If Iuz would immediately recommit his forces to Gibenei and to the multinational effort against the undead there, then ...
He should be immediately acquitted of all charges against him under the TEC Pact.

A good act to rectify an evil act, state the elves, is a fair trade-off.

What does the TEC Pact have to say?

"Iuz' breach was not a matter of morality, but of contract law. No 'good' or 'evil' is in question, so neither can rectify the matter. That said, I can assure you that any attacks by Iuz against neighboring nations will be taken into account when sentence is passed."

Xael said:
Agreed. Once we deal with Elites and Epics, taking care of the undead mobs should become much easier. We just need to find them. And kill them. Hell, once we take out the leaders, we could basically just order the Regular troops to fall back to defensive positions, and have our Epic forces destroy/convert the Regular undead troops, since they can't really be hurt by them. Might take a while though...

Well, the more reason to hurry the attack. I mean, it's better to take care of as many enemies as possible before he comes. I wouldn't really like if we delayed the attack too much and he just took over the whole goddamn army...

Indeed, regular Pl that evil/neutral powers convert they can take after the world is cleansed, but all intelligent Undeath that swear fealty to Gallador will be spared, and infrastructure/Undeath workers will be spared too, so the world can be rebuild as Undeath Paradise.

Airwhale

First Post
The Imperial navy, would like to point out that it's strategic threat assesment division, has placed the risk assesment for Allador as low to moderate. While Iuz might not be happy with Allador, he appears more aggravated at forces such as the scarlet brotherhood, and the god Morel. While they do see a need to protect his boarders, we believe Iuz will act out his frustration upon others, before looking to Allador.

In short, we would like to point out that the Elves of Allador are dedicating more attention to this matter than it deserves.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Lord Leathnor of Aliador states the Wolf has spoken, and that's good enough for him.
Aliador, is looking to it's own defense against an enraged and apparently suicidal Iuz, and is unable to send forces at this time.

Aliador notes Greater Nyrond, the Iron League, the Ulek League, and the Isle of the Phoenix have sent no forces, and the League of Athyr sits in determined neutrality. Aliador doesn't exactly see the Solistarim helping out, and Iuz has withdrawn all his forces from Gibenei. The Illithid Empire below them is not only not sending forces, it cannot even be communicated with. Greyhawk City and Rary are also not involved in the Gibenei operation.
The Wolf himself has sent no forces to Gibenei.
Only Greater Aerdi has sent forces, out of all the Eastern Powers.

Aliador appreciates that it's elven kindred in the west and Above, in Miranda, Marchwards, Elvanian Forest, Gigantea, Hyperboria, Highfolk, Delrune, and up in Greyspace are doing their part.
However, Aliador cannot join it's elven compatriots. Iuz is suicidal, Leathnor states. He was always insane: now he's gone ballistic. And the Wolf just made it very clear the TEC Pact is not letting him off the charges. So Aliador has no choice but to protect itself in the midst of madness.
Eclavdra might have committed suicide: Leathnor states Aliador is not going to trod in her footprints and commit national suicide.

TO SERPENTEYE (PUBLIC)

[sblock]

Lord Leathnor and Lady Gwyndilyn of Aliador are going to the League of Athyr to discuss this matter with King Arden of Keoland. They leave their daughter Mairlea to rule as temporary Lady in their place.
If there is any chance of convincing Athyr to break it's neutrality and refusal to help on Gibenei, this is it.
Please see my e-mails concerning what the Lord and Lady have to say.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads