(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Bugbear

First Post
Anabstercorian said:
Eli and Rary look at each other askance for a moment before accepting direction. "I will ward the area against further astral penetration," says Eli, moving outside (read, Dimensional Lock).

"I shall evoke a Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum," says Rary, before doing so.

"I will give what aid I can," says Robilar with knightly dignity.

Never mind. Serpenteye ruled that I don't have Eclavdra. So I beleve you would arrive in Rel Astra. A much safer place I might add.

Nonetheless, I wiil continue to have the Modrons locate and rescue the Incapcitated Morheil, and bring them to the safe-house. William said that Al'Akbar and his forces were joining mine once the situation with Elistrie and Iuz had been resolved. They are welcome to do so. In the meentime the Knights of Heironius will provide sucurity for the safehouse. Healers wil tend to the sick and injured.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
OOC: Just an idle question, since my leaders' attentions are elsewhere, but were there any drow cities within my borders, or close under my mountains? If so, they're currently quarantined; no one's going in, but neither do the border guards look kindly on anyone, allied or no, sending troops inside my borders.

Serpenteye! Rikandur!

Firstly, Gallador invites Iuz`s Clerics( but preferably the NE rather than CE ones) to start the worship of Iuz among my 4 million of servitor Humanoids!- It shall double the Iuz`s worshipper base, and bring him closer to achieving Lesser God status, I believe!

On Gibenei, the 25 Elite Pl and 2 Epic of my forces( including most of my Necromancers!)- stay in Galion Vool, gaining control over Salitisa`s regular undeath legions and the country, are there any other inhabitants than mindless Undeath?

Rest- 15 Elite, 5 Epic of mine, and 10 Elite, 2 Epic of Iuz`s forces, are striking against the next strongest warlord loyal to Cult of Vecna.

Gallador sends a furious message to Warlords:

"You cowardly fools! So you would rather be Vecna`s slaves than my honored partners and allies?! Know that Vecna is not the only God that is still here, so is my ally, Lord Iuz!. My allies from Erelhei- Cinhu Pact, half of powers on Oerth, will gladly join me in anhilating all followers of the Whispered One, so forsake him, or your doom shall be inevitable!"

I am making closer contacts with the Warlord who asked about the Pact.

Last edited:

Serpenteye, some matters:

Vecna is actually a Lesser God or Demigod?!

How much do 2000 Drow Vampires and Vampire Spawn give me- around 10-15 Elite Pl I assume?

How much regular troops can I transport through gates using my Elite forces?

Can I sacrifice some of my humanoid slaves to bring Gallador closer to Divinity( like gaining Hero-Deity status?)

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
I am so confused... is Iuz still fighting? If not, have my human troops transported back to undock their ships, and head to oerth? Is Foran helping with the assasination of the archlich?

Guilt Puppy

First Post
TEC Pact Members:

The Scarlet Brotherhood suggests that both the Drow Resolution and the TEC Summit take place immediately. I, Brother Abbon Craylor, shall arrive there shortly, and await what other representatives may come.

We wish to make public our opening statements concerning both matters:

The Drow Resolution:

We feel that given the utter chaos which permeates their cities, the Drow and the Empire of Eclavdor can no longer be considered a nation for any functional purposes, and neither Elistraee, Eclavdra, nor anyone they claim as subjects should have any eligibility for protection or obligation under the TEC Pact. At such time as chaos this chaos is resolved, and a clear leader steps forward, they should of course be allowed to sign into the Pact; but they would represent a new, distinct power, and should not be afforded any special consideration until they have signed.

The Yuan-Ti Empire, however, appears to represent an unbroken nation who, though no longer beholden to Eclavdra, should still be held to all commitments she bestowed upon them during her reign. We consider them members of the TEC Pact, to receive full protection and to be accountable for all obligations it entails.

The TEC Summit:

First, the Scarlet Brotherhood calls for the creation of a system for collective action and decision-making between the powers. We propose a simple vote, by which any proposed action or amendment to the terms of the Pact shall be ratified by any two-thirds of the powers involved. The terms of this system should stipulate clearly that all powers in the Pact will be held obligated to any proposal so ratified, regardless of their own approval. We believe that this issue should be addressed first, to provide a simpler means for recognizing consensus among the other concerns raised at the Summit.

Second, we propose an article be added to the Pact which shall exempt any power from protection against an attack which has been provoked by their own aggression. This article should clearly state that this exemption shall only cover attacks equalling the original aggression, and then be lifted; that is, should Pact Member A attack Foreign Power B with 10,000 troops, then B may respond with an attack to A of 10,000 troops without fear of recourse. Should B send 20,000 troops, then that would represent 10,000 troops beyond exemption, and the mutual retribution clause would require all pact members to send forces equalling 10,000 troops against power B.

Edena:

The Scarlet Brotherhood sends representatives to the Yuan-Ti Empire, to try to determine just who is in charge there, now, and to request that this ruling power attend the TEC Summit. We will try to express that without an officially and universally recognized leadership, it will be difficult to convince world power that they are at all capable of meeting the obligations to which the Yuan-Ti will be held.

Melkor:

The Scarlet Brotherhood would like to invite Gallador to speak on the matter of Vecna at an upcoming rally in Kro Kerlep. We request that he appear in the robes and regalia of Our Brotherhood, and come bearing the Sword of Kas, whose history and significance should be told in his oration. We wish for his presence to demonstrate the solidarity of our nations against the upcoming struggle, and to spurn our people forward to deliver Vecna his defeat.

To all powers housing elven refugees:

It has come to our attention that numerous powers throughout Oerth have come into possession of substantial child resources from Aliador, Ratik, and the former Drow. We are interested in purchasing these resources to ensure their safekeeping, at a negotiable price of one trained soldier per ten elven children. (1 rPL per 30,000 children) If you are interested in such trade, please contact us immediately.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
FROM SOLLIR:

Glu'boise is a specialized Diviner as well as a Loremaster of 35 levels. If he cannot directly detect Eclavdra's position (which he should, seeing as he is 2 epPL and the Regalia is 1) he has the experience to instead divine minute deals about her location, spread out so complex that a single protection spell cast on a person couldn't prevent it. A normal person wouldn't be able to use these clues to find Eclavdra without more actual searching, but Glu'boise's massive intellect combined with experience and knowledge would allow him to piece all the information together, at least enough to find Eclavdra's whereabouts to a radius of 10 meters. Epic level characters can do crazy things ;) Of course, this is all under SE's purview, but this is my counter-interpretation for yours ^_^

Noone had any problems finding Eclavdra when she was unconscious in the Great City, wether they can find her now is up to Knight Otu. He has several locations that are almost completely safe against divinations of any sort (so do the rest of you).

Edena_of_Neith said:
POSTED BY SERPENTEYE

(post as given on page 4)

FROM EDENA

(answer from Yours Truly was via e-mail)

Everyone, remember that running an IR is a tough job.
In my case, the 3rd IR was a 12 hour (sometimes 16 hour) a day job, non-stop, and no breaks for 4 months. So you know it's got to be hard for Serpenteye, who hasn't got that kind of time to spend.
I was overenthusiastic here, and have caused a real headache for Serpenteye, for which I apologize. I want an IR, not a burned out DM and no IR, and no fun. My apologies there, Serpenteye, for the mess.

I'm trying to be careful in this group of posts not to create new situations. Except for the fact that I doubt Iuz got away with Eclavdras' Regalia, I've yet to make any real rulings concerning my own power.
I see that Serpenteye is making rulings starting below.
I'll base all my future posts on those rulings, as they come in.

:eek:
I overreacted, a lot. Sorry.

Kalanyr said:
The Miranda Alliance lays claim to all drow cities below its territory. 15 Elite PL is again dispatched to protect and evacuate these cities. If hostile parties refuse to live the caverns are collapsed after the evacuation is complete.

City after city is emptied.

James Heard said:
OOC:
You misunderstand. Zagyg isn't granting spells to "just the drow of the nearest delegation."

Zagyg is granting spells to the drow. Whether they like it or not, whether they asked for it or not. At least for the short time they're within his portfolio and in such a radical and nonstandard frame of being that he literally can't help granting them spells. Their changed nature courts unpredictability, which is directly within his portfolio. He could no more not grant them spells in this crux than Boccob could deny spellcasters his influence. Not just some of the drow. All drow with divine caster levels affected by this radical change, as chaotic creatures of magic in an unusual situation fall under his influence. He's not claiming them or converting them. He can't grant them Lolth only spells and he's not going to hand them Evil descriptor spells anymore than he'd grant Good descriptor spells without some occasion. They appeal to his divine chaos by what they are and what's going on, just by being there. Zagyg doesn't care if they know where the magic comes from. Zagyg isn't looking for followers among the drow in any particular. He's providing them succor and acting out his essential divine nature. This is what he's a god for, these sorts of situations. This is his place in the pantheon of gods, he's the ace in the hole to cover the bases and hedge the bets. He's the space between the other, more prominent gods of magic. He's a god of transition and limits and spaces between ideas and concepts. He might not be able to account for everyone, if he can't he orders Murlynd to also aid his cause. Murlynd might not approve in totality, but he will obey Zagyg in this moment because whatever else is happening moments like these begin to show the clarity and moments of vision behind his Master's brilliant but purposely fractured mind. This isn't a decision really, it's an inevitable consequence of a series of actions.

True.

Uvenelei said:
The Tharquish Empire, in the Tempest's temporary absence, claims the Drow cities beneath the Empire and the Tharquish Dominions. My elite PL will delay their current actions, 'port down to the Underdark, loot the cities, and gather up the survivors. Once the surviving drow are brought to the surface, they will be liberated as the citizens of the Empire were. Of course, the Tempest and his arcanists who treat the drow view the evil as the true nature and the good as a corrupting influence, so they will be returned to their 'true' evil nature.

As for the Tempest himself, any comments directed to him in the middle of a fight go unanswered; as a Frenzied Berserker, his philosophy is, 'less talky, more fighty'.

It takes very little to make the Drow remain Evil, turning them Good is a far longer and more difficult process. Evil is, after all, their true nature.

Airwhale said:
If Elistaree is still fighting Iuz, our forces continue to help her untill the situation is resolved. THey will basically defer to her judgement about how to handle the old one.

Once Iuz is forced out of the city, the following happens:
As things seem to be calming down in the great city somewhat, Ranzwick nods to Foran, who teleports to the side of the vampire king to assist him in his assasination (1 epic pl). He then approches General Legubim, and the two appear to have an argument for several moments. Finally, Ranzwick anounces to the Ginsel forces that they will be performing the convoy as planed, but the ships will be operating on a minimal crew untill the ships reach oerth, at which time the Imperial navy will re-join the fleet on the way back. Ranzwick then teleports off himself, to take care of some busness.

The Navy (about 40 elite power levels), and Keoghtom remain to help gather the elves from the 99 citys, and to assist Elistaree and Eclavdra however they see fit. After the convoy the the accursed gas sphere, the navy will return to size up the situation and see if they can assist in other ways. Keoghtom, however, has some research to catch up on, so he will not be returning after the convoy.

Selisita, the Arch-lich, is nowhere to be found.
-
Soon there will be no more Drow left in the Underdark, except in the Great City. Your healers do what they can to help, but the recovery is long and hard.

Sollir Furryfoot said:
*NOTE* the Regalia is only 1 epPL according to page 2 of the OOC thread. Does this ruling still stand or is it now worth 2?
If Glu'boise does indeed find Eclavdra first, ...

Ah, my mistake. 1 epic PL it is.

Iuz is hurt a bit worse than he would otherwise be. He's now down to 1 epPL.

Kalanyr said:
I'll just note that Morwel will grant spells to any drow of Chaotic Good, Neutral Good or Chaotic Neutral alignment (so long as they are heading for good alignment). After they recover. The massive change to chaotic good alignment and encouraging it falls within her portfolio. Her domains are Chaos , Good and Arborea. And I hope they like using rapiers.

In time she might build up quite a following, for indeed many of the Drow being treated by the Goodly factions become CG. The road will be long and hard, and they will not all change their natures by free choice, but few can resist their powerful protectors for long.

Rikandur Azebol said:
And if everybody are giving spells to Drow ... Then Iuz too ! All Evil Drow recive most vile spells, knowing that Iuz is blessing them. All Drow clerics of evil aligment, even Lawful ones. As well as Chaotic Neutral Drow (Those Ivid insane) even if they couldn't recive Corrupt Magic. Chaos is also in Iuz's portfolio and he wishes the drow to choose for themselves !
Of course he would aprreciate greatly if they turn to him afterwards.
;)

He will be deaf on threats, attacking Elistaree. Morwel must get his attention first, attacking him will do the thing. Slapping him on the face and treating him like unruly seven year old would stop him also, he will be too stunned to react in any way. Iggwilv does it often. :cool: Or literal shielding Dark Maiden with her own body ... so Iuz will have to hurt TEC Pact member before finishing his way with Elistaree.

Iuz is a bit preoccupied at the moment, but soon he too grants spells to the Drow. Only spells of level 0 and 1 for now, though.

The spiritual battle for the souls of the Drow is just beginning.

Festy_Dog said:
Hachiman suddenly appeared, interposing himself between Eilistraee and Iuz. His visage is one of serenity, but his hand is upon the katana at his side.

“This ceases now,” he says, in a calm and clear tone, “It is my interpretation that Iuz has violated the TEC pact, as its terms are made publicly clear. As I am a member of the Miranda Treaty, any attack upon Morwel, or those under her protection, must be responded to by all members.”

Galeda and Zennef appear at either side of Morwel. Energy blade and greataxe wielded respectively. They take a brief moment to incline their heads respectfully.

“It’s been too long, Lady Morwel,” Galeda says, watching the situation anxiously, “Seeing you get involved, well, we couldn’t just stand there.”

Zennef grunts, and lays down some protective arcane magicks.

(Hachiman, 3 epic PL, and another 2 epic PL are now with Morwel and Eilistraee)

Iuz: Your forces are given a single warning, that if they cross Zindian/Nipponese borders, even while underground, it will be interpreted as an act of war and reacted to appropriately. The same goes for any inherently evil faction.

Serpenteye - PRIVATE

[sblock] I figured it would be easier to include what I wanted to do in sblocks rather than burden you with mail. Here it is:

Hachiman is putting aside helping the stricken drow in my territory long enough to pay a visit to the Great City, assuming he survives the standoff there he will return to doing so for the remainder of Turn 1 (assuming he isn't called off somewhere else again). The 2 epic PL which were aiding the stricken drow in the Great City have also been redirected to the standoff, leaving 10 elite PL to do the job.

As the armies of Iuz are being expected, assuming there is no subtlety in their pillaging of the Underdark, each drow city under my territory (if there is too many then just the ones which have the highest chance of being pillaged first) is rigged to collapse. As Iuz’ forces pass under the border to Zindia/Nippon they will be given warning that to not leave immediately will be construed as an act of war. The 15 elite PL on this task will not engage Iuz’ forces (unless they are a weaker force than the 15 elite PL, by comparison), but will collapse the first city the enemy enters on their heads, then engage the survivors (assuming the elites are the superior force by then). Any drow survivors in the Underdark cities under Nippon/Zindia will be transported out for treatment of their Withdrawal symptoms before any conflict or demolition takes place.[/sblock]

Noted

---

The cities under your domain are fast being emptied with no outside interference. The forces of Iuz wisely choose to avoid conflict.

Edena_of_Neith said:
And, even ... I ... can't quite figure out what the situation is now in the Great City.
Not even after carefully reading each and every post, can I figure out what is happening. I can take guesses, though! :)

Me neither, ;). Everyone, if I mess up too bad please feel free to correct me.

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC:
Iuz wasn't attacking Eclavdra ! Boohoo, he tried to defend her from Drow Goddes who will poison her mind. He feel terribly dissapointed here and may withdraw. :)

Okay, Festy, You made it clear first. Thank You. :D

IC:
*Iuz nearly split Hachiman's face in two with his greatsword that was raised agains Elistaree. Look of utter suprise written all over his old face. Reason seem to return to him when he thrusted the blade into the ground with great howl of anguish.*

Who are You samurai ? I didn't breached my word ! I was visiting my friend and ally Elcavdra when this ... disease overcame her people. And then I saw Drow Goddes entering Eclavdra's throneroom. I reacted true to my word, retribution on all who attack my allies from TEC Pact ! She should be beheaded for not defending Eclavdra !!!

*Thump of Iuz's severed hand pointed at Morwel.*

Besides ... It is up to Council to decide ! Not You, foreign upstart !

*Demon God gazed at his bleeding arm and cauterized wound within nearest fire. Then he bore his eyes in Elistaree's form.*

You will be punished by Council then for attacking my ally along with Your traitorous protector !

*Another pointing at Morwel.*

Now, where's Eclavdra ?!

And the battle is over.

Elistraee, clinging to life by pure force of will, collapses on the scarred floor.

(Elistraee is down to 0 epPL, just barely alive but helpless. Iuz is down to 1,1 epPL, seriously wounded.)

Kalanyr said:
Morwel also backs down but stands guard over Ellisterae and if the situation seems calm enough she will invoke her own divine power to cast heal on the drow goddess.

The spell appears to do little, but she seems to be breathing a bit easier. You suspect that only time can heal her wounds.

Kalanyr said:
OOC -

Compiles a list of the drow's new domain options and favoured weapons.

The drow originally start with:

Lolth (CE): Chaos, Drow, Evil, Darkness, Destruction, Spider, Trickery Favoured Weapon: Whip

Who fell silent:

Zagyg (CN): Chaos, Knowledge, Magic, Rune, Spell Favoured Weapon: Club
possibly with the help of
Murlynd (LG): Good, Knowledge, Law Favoured Weapon: Longsword

Morwel (CG): Chaos, Fey, Good, Arborea Favoured Weapon: Rapier
Eilistraee (CG): Chaos, Charm, Drow, Elf, Good, Moon, Portal Favoured Weapon: Bastard Sword

Iuz (CE): Chaos, Evil, Suffering, Trickery Favoured Weapon: Greatsword

I hope the drow like swords, they can pretty much have their choice of them. And they have a wide variety of domains for any alignment except Lawful Evil and True neutral, but its not like anyone gave those drow spells before anyway.

It seems Iuz and Elistraee are the two deities with the most in common with Lolth. However, that has only a marginal effect on who gains the Drow's worship.

Knight Otu said:
As soon as the healers notice that their efforts to heal the drow are in vain, and that those healed turn to monsters (despite the precautions that were taken against this!), they contact the other members of the TEC pact as well as Al'Akbar, for advice, or to transport the drow into their care.

Most Drow are already monsters. This can be changed with carefull and nurturing indoctrination, but that's does not always work.

Kalanyr said:
I've noticed that a few peoples posts could be clearer if the used quotes when copying something others have said you can use quotes using the following format:

(quote=Name)Something someone else posted(/quote)

replacing the ( with [ and the ) with ].

For example the above yields

And then underneath or above the quote block (but preferably not inside it) you can put your own text. You can also break one quote up into several by putting in new open and close quotes.

You can also drop the =Name part in order to make a quote without specifying who you are quoting.

Which makes the format this:
(quote)Something someone else posted(/quote)

and yields the below

ooc:
That's good advice. But I cannot quote a quote, only one level of text is visible when I reply. Sometimes it's convenient for me to be able to quote your quote directly without having to do extra copy-pasting and tag-writing. Ah... use whatever format you're comfortable with.

Anabstercorian said:
Well, as long as the opportunity is open, IF Eclavdra is no longer at the Great City...

----

Who should appear before the wandering Eclavdra in a flash of astral light but the Triumvirate Rebellious? Rary, Robilar, and Eli move toward her, and Robilar reaches out his gauntletted hand.

"You appear to be in some distress, madam," says Robilar respectfully. "I believe, as signatories of the TEC Pact, that we owe you what aid we can muster. We are at your service for the time being."

Eli and Rary grumble quietly, not so gallant as Robilar. Indeed, they were talked in to this by him.

ooc: That's up the Knight Otu.

Knight Otu said:
Should there be any unclaimed, abandoned drow cities left beneath my territories, I'll take them under "safekeeping."

Ashardalon still calls for the "Drow Resolution," and accepts the offer of the Silver Palace as the meeting place, but before announcing the meeting, sends messages: "King Rhynnon, High Cleric Al'Akbar, and Eilistraee: We need to meet as soon as possible in Rel Astra!"

All of the drow cities under your territory are unclaimed, by anyone but the Drow themselves who are in no position to object...

The Drow never consented to be annexed, by anyone, but some time will pass before they are able to object to you saving them.

Elistraee accepts, when she wakes up.

Knight Otu

First Post
Knight Otu, would Eli, Robilar, and Rary be able to move to your location to offer aid and assistance? If so, they do with all haste and gusto, along with a small contingent of men-at-arms and arcanists.

Ashardalon, in his true form, is only mildly surprised as Rary, Eli and Robilar appear before him in Rel Astra.
"I do not remember inviting you here, but as long as you can aid Eclavdra, I am not opposed to your presence. I hope Al'Akbar and King Rhynnon react as quickly, and Eilistraee has survived the battle my agents reported."

Creamsteak

Explorer
And the battle is over.

Elistraee, clinging to life by pure force of will, collapses on the scarred floor.

(Elistraee is down to 0 epPL, just barely alive but helpless. Iuz is down to 1,1 epPL, seriously wounded.)

If it was time, I would SOOOOO jump on this opportunity to smash some gods to little itty bitty bits.

Remove ads