(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Bugbear

First Post
Demoncidal Maniac? That hurts. I admit that in the past Rhynnon has killed a few demons, but it's not like he spends his weekends on safari in your empire. That was a time of war.

Putting you in the bottle is simply a way to keep you out of harms way until the TEC pact can determine weither you have intentionaly betrayed the pact. Regardless of Rhynnon's personal feelings towards Iuz, he will keep to the terms of that aggrement. Think of it as spending a little time in the county lock-up while you wait for your trial.

You won't be lonely either, as several of your former demonic generials are also in the flask. Hmmm, I wonder if they blame you for their situation.

Besides, if it doesn't work, no harm, no foul right :) It's not as if Iuz has time to notice what Little 'ol Rhynnon is doing off in the corner, not when he is fighting off the elder brothers. It's not as if he's doing anything threatening. He's just watching the fight.

Serpenteye

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
OOC: Just an idle question, since my leaders' attentions are elsewhere, but were there any drow cities within my borders, or close under my mountains? If so, they're currently quarantined; no one's going in, but neither do the border guards look kindly on anyone, allied or no, sending troops inside my borders.

Some of the greatest of the Drow cities are beneath your mountains. The old capital, the city that gave its name to the TEC-pact, is beneath the Hellfurnaces.
Some of the cities have already been evacuated, but should you annex them you would find quite a rich prize of mining, heavy industry, architecture and infrastructure.

Melkor said:
Serpenteye! Rikandur!

Firstly, Gallador invites Iuz`s Clerics( but preferably the NE rather than CE ones) to start the worship of Iuz among my 4 million of servitor Humanoids!- It shall double the Iuz`s worshipper base, and bring him closer to achieving Lesser God status, I believe!

In time this will make a tremendous difference, assuming Iuz is in any condition to be worshiped...

Melkor said:
On Gibenei, the 25 Elite Pl and 2 Epic of my forces( including most of my Necromancers!)- stay in Galion Vool, gaining control over Salitisa`s regular undeath legions and the country, are there any other inhabitants than mindless Undeath?

Rest- 15 Elite, 5 Epic of mine, and 10 Elite, 2 Epic of Iuz`s forces, are striking against the next strongest warlord loyal to Cult of Vecna.

Gallador sends a furious message to Warlords:

"You cowardly fools! So you would rather be Vecna`s slaves than my honored partners and allies?! Know that Vecna is not the only God that is still here, so is my ally, Lord Iuz!. My allies from Erelhei- Cinhu Pact, half of powers on Oerth, will gladly join me in anhilating all followers of the Whispered One, so forsake him, or your doom shall be inevitable!"

I am making closer contacts with the Warlord who asked about the Pact.

Most of the population of the planet is indeed mindless undead. Another large segment of the population, if you can call them that, are humans kept as cattle. Deprived of all the requirements of mental development from birth they are practically mindless as well. They have no language, and nearly no emotions.
There are also numerous intelligent lesser forms of undead. Ghouls, Ghasts and more exotic variations. Incorporeal undead are also plentiful, though they are mostly used as scouts. There are quite a few Vampire-Spawns, but not many Vampires.
--
You easily take control of Galion Vool, but due to the small numbers of troops at your disposal the process will still require several months to complete. The arrival of large Regular forces would make it much quicker.

The Warlords answer you: "It is you who are the fool, Gallador. Do you really think you can stand against the power of Vecna? Iuz is a Demigod, a blind and bumbling fool wasting his power in a meaningless battle. All the worlds, all the remaining worlds, can see that it is a battle he cannot win. Vecna is a God, a true God, and while we still followed the likes of Hextor, Wee Yas and Erythnul we could dare stand against him. But not now. There is noone left who even comes close to being His equal.
If you surrender to him willingly, and undo the damage you have wrought, perhaps he will allow you to be more than a slave. That is now your only choice. Until then, every one of our servants you strike down is a sacrifice that will speed his return."

You do not know wether or not they are speaking the truth.

The Warlord who approached you about the pact, an Elder Vampire just like yourself and the most powerful of Salitisa's former enemies, tends to agree with them. He agrees that you have no hope of surviving against Vecna, but he's never been anyones servant and will gladly die to spare himself that degradation. He will ally with you, but he will not be your servant. If you attempt to enslave him, he warns, he will turn his full power against you and fight to his own certain death.
Your morbid prospective ally is named Lord Yaghal, 1 epPL +10 elPL +320 rPL, 150 IC.
-
For the first time you are facing real opposition, for many warlords seem to have decided to stand together against your attack. When you strike against the second most powerful worlord you're faced with a force superior to your in quantity, but lacking somewhat in Epics. (approximately 4 epic PLs and 30-35 elites, and about 50 rPLs spread out across the city.) Neither side gains an initial advantage.

Other warlords, who could decisively shift the balance in either direction, wait. Or perhaps they are otherwise preoccupied.

Melkor said:
Serpenteye, some matters:

Vecna is actually a Lesser God or Demigod?!

How much do 2000 Drow Vampires and Vampire Spawn give me- around 10-15 Elite Pl I assume?

How much regular troops can I transport through gates using my Elite forces?

Can I sacrifice some of my humanoid slaves to bring Gallador closer to Divinity( like gaining Hero-Deity status?)

It is uncertain wether Vecna is a Lesser or Intermediate God. He was Intermediate, but might have been weakened by the loss of his worshipers on other worlds. You can only speculate, and hope for the best.
-
You can bring in 2,5 regular PLs per 1 elite PL used per day. That 1 elite PL will be unable to be used for other tasks during that time. Your Epic PLs can bring in much greater numbers, 50 rPL per EpPL per day, they are the ones (since most of your troops have a high ecl) who are able to cast Teleportation circles.
-
You do not at this time have the ability to absorb that many souls into yourself. Iuz is sponsoring your divine ascension, but it will take some time before Gallador becomes a Hero-God.

Airwhale said:
I am so confused... is Iuz still fighting? If not, have my human troops transported back to undock their ships, and head to oerth? Is Foran helping with the assasination of the archlich?

Iuz is/was fighting the High Council of the Scarlet brotherhood.
-
Foran tried to help, but noone could find her.

Airwhale said:
In that case...

The convoy begins it's trip to take the undead kings armys to Gallon vools planetoid.

The arrival of fresh Regular troops does a lot to help Gallador restore order to Galion Vool

Guilt Puppy said:
When Elistraee falls, six individuals in sleek red garb, faces obscured by ornate masks, teleport in to surround Iuz. One speaks: "We consider that the theft of Eclavadra's Regalia represents an attack equal to her life. The terms of the pact are clear." The voice is Abbon Craylor's, and he says it with a judicial lack of enthusiasm.

The Elder Brothers attack Iuz.
The Scarlet Brotherhood moves no troops, just yet.

(ooc: This represents 5 EpPLs, right?)

Iuz, wounded and tired, staggers back under the initial assault. He's still much more powerful than any one of the mortal Brothers, though, and he strikes back. Fighting with all his cunning and all his power... he still keeps getting worn down.

Uvenelei said:
This is still a game of DnD, no matter how large, and thus the meaning of life in a DnD world ("Kill people and take their stuff") still applies. I'll forgoe killing Elistraee, but I do claim looting rights. I help myself to a few shiny things, then go back home.

:D

Sollir Furryfoot said:
Serpenteye and Kalanyr:

[sblock]If Morwel continues to attack Iuz, she has Glu'boise's Ring of Gaxx and Ring of Cirrus should she wish to have them as I've noted previously.[/sblock]

:]

Airwhale said:
The elvish Imperial navy and Keoghtom will obviously attempt to stop anyone hostle from coming anywhere *near* the demigod. Also, General Legubim will ask if the demigod wishes to be transported someplace safer untill she recovers.

Elistraee is unable to comply, or to resist. She would probably not want to stay in the City in her current condition, though.

Guilt Puppy said:
Since it seems your request will be made fairly strongly, Abbon Craylor will step away from the battle, remove his mask, and politely assure you that the demigod will not be slain until members of the Pact have had appropriate time to consider the charges against him.

Behind him, the others are jumping and spinning around, throwing showers of gleaming shuriken, and generally trying to get things taken care of as quickly as possible. Once his assurance is made, Craylor dons his mask once more, and returns to the fray.

Iuz has no such compunctions, though. He's fighting for his life by now.

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC:
Guilt Puppy, magnificient coup. I congratulate ... But Elder Brothers risk more than just their lives. Iuz can eat souls. He's also Demon Prince. And have Powerful Artifact in his hands ... that is fully capable of giving him edge over the goddes !
Unless very lucky, some Brothers will die today. Let's see ... in comparision with each other our Epic's have such combat capabilities: +1 Attack,+0 Defense. Iuz's edges:
Demigod and Cleric. Serpenteye ... it is stillunclear to me if Cleric's help gives +2 or +1 to Defense ? Judging from weapons used by Scarlet Brothers, they have not technological superiority over Iuz so eventual bonuses nullify each other. So my math looks that way:
Iuz +2 A / +2 or +3 D. Elder Brothers +1 A / +0 D.

Here is how Iuz will deal with Brothers using spellike Time Stop. Three free rounds, on average, to build up magical barrage against Brothers including Curses that will lower their saves and stats, Confusion, Wall of Blades, Word of Chaos and Destruction, and close observation of one of brothers for three uninterrupted rounds, while moving behind them or in other unexpected place to strike Assasin Death Blow wit his Law hating sword. Iuz have magical greatsword that is enchanted against law and good. Brothers aren't bleedinghearts but it didn't decrease their lawfulness. And He uses Regalia to defend himself ... mainly their protective powers first, and careful usage of their offensive capabilities not to hurt any one who wasn't attacking Iuz. :]

This battle is fought desperately, and much more thoughtfully that his brawling with Elistaree.

And Iuz's momma will safeguard herself from scrying, wasting no time on pointless mourning.
Her boy could defend himself. And Brotherhood will pay.

If dropped below 1 epPL, now he is just 1,1 epPL. Iuz turns tail and flees to unknown place. And will remain hidden from all scrying due to Regalia. And wait until Eclavdra recovers, before giving sign of life. Only to her, and just to restore Regalia to their beautiful Owner. And to tell her his version of treachery and bloodshed started by Elistaree. And Morwel's treason, and Brotherhood's treason. Only He remined faithful to his word, Wolf God, Tempest and Gallador. And if she probes he will add unwillingly that Rhynnon and Al'Akbar seemed to not betray them, this time of course.

ooc: Time Stop is not what it was, unfortunately. In 3,5E you're unable to affect anyone but yourself during a Time Stop.

Iuz falls... below 1 epPL and tries to teleport away. It's close, really close, but the combined attack of the most powerful monks in the world fail to stop him.
As he limps into the room Victoria turns from her bucket and smiles at him cruelly. "I see that you are hurt, darling, let me lick those beautiful wounds."

Iuz is now 0,7 epPL, the Brothers are 4,8.

Knight Otu said:
"Demigods, great leaders, and several other entities of power are gathered here, at a site of catastrophe, and all that happens is that you smash each other's SKULL? Did you even pause to think what happened? Did you even try to listen to the multitude of reasonable voices? Any fighting at this point will only lead to more fighting!
Do any of you know what happened to the drow? They were isolated from Lolth, that is what happened! But it goes beyond this. Oerth is isolated from the Outer Planes. It is isolated from the Inner Planes!
It is isolated from the Positive Energy Plane, the birthplace of all souls!!.
What impact do you think that will have? And the souls already here, what do you think will happen to them? THEY CANNOT PASS ON TO THEIR JUST REWARDS! They will remain on Oerth eternally, with no chance to receive their just reward! THAT is what we need to worry about now!"

:] :] :]

Sollir Furryfoot said:
OOC-Here's where I'm confused. I was under the impression that only the Outer Planes were sealed, not the Inner ones like the positive/negative energy and elemental planes, but then again I could very well be wrong. Anyways, the point is moot as it seems both of the planes are still functioning as people are still living and undead are still churning-however, this depends on how the multiverse is run in this game. However, Ashardalon could just be trying to make a grand intimidating statement, if so, just ignore my whole post then ;)

Nope, all planes are sealed off, except for small isolated parts of the Ethereal and Astral and a handful of pocket-dimensions and demiplanes located inside the sphere.
Your sages believe that Oerth, and the other bodies of the Crystal Sphere, can supply you with the elemental energies and substances needed to support life and spellcasting. However, you no longer have an inexhaustable supply to draw upon, especially of Negative and Positive energy.

Paxus Asclepius said:
Serpenteye said something about Gallador's vampiric forces finding the supply of negative energy very weak, back when they were converting the leftover drow, and thus having to supply the energy themselves; it's not unreasonable to think that this should be equally true of positive energy. If I recall correctly, souls normally went to the Outer Planes, to become petitioners, after their deaths; it's going to be a fun question as to what happens with them now.

ooc:
You'll see...

Kalanyr said:
I'll just clarify the bonus for Rikandur:

Militia -4/-3
Regular +0/+0
Elite +4/+3
Epic +8/+7

Demigods add +2/+2 to themselves personally, +1/+1 to those they favour.
Druids/Clerics with gods get a further +0/+1
Every full 4 tech levels adds +1/+1.
Undead for the moment add +0/+2. When fighting those backed by Lesser gods Undead add +0/+0. When fighting those backed up intermediate or more gods they add +0/-2.

In short the
Elder Brothers + Tempest + Their Epics are +8/+7,
Iuz + Morwel + Hachiman + Ellisterae is +10/+10,
Iuz + Morwel + Hachimans epics are +9/+8 or +9/+9 if they have clerics.

If I am correct. If someone has 4 tech levels which its too early to tell yet they'll fight at +1/+1 above the listed.

That's right. If Iuz had been unwounded he would probably have defeated the Elder Brothers, but in his reduced condition he had no choice but to flee.

Edena_of_Neith said:
The result is that there is TRULY a battle going on for the hearts and minds of the stricken drow.
They are trying to revert to good, to elves, in effect.
The presence of good forces and beings, such as Al'Akbar, Morwel, and Eilistraee, is helping this process along, reinforcing it, giving the drow strength to survive the Withdrawal and make the change.
But ...
The presence of evil powers: Iuz, the Wolf God, the Tempest, Ashardalon, Gallador, Abbon of the Scarlet Brotherhood, is interrupting the Withdrawal, perverting it, trying to reverse it and cause a horrific result: the drow ending up being as much more evil as they were, than the old drow were compared to the elves.
The Awakening of Vecna is also affecting the drow, perverting their Withdrawal, trying to force them away from the path back to the Light.

So, the battle for the hearts and minds of the drow continues.
It is not a physical battle. It is not a battle that can be viewed by any normal means.
But it is there, and for those with eyes that can see it, it is frightfully real and violent.

There is also an inner conflict, besides that being fought by outside forces of Good and Evil on an inner battlefield.
A Freudian, not that Oerth has ever heard of Freudianism, would prehaps describe it like this. The Ego, the conscious mind of the Drow, and the Super-ego, their culture and ubpringing is fighting against a small part of their Id, their subconscious instincts. That small part of their Id, that urges them to revert to their original elven nature is also fighting another part of the Id, that represents the primal evil they have lived with for so long.
They have 2,5 parts of their souls fighting against 0,5 parts of their souls... But the mind is a complicated machine and my amateurish simplifications are off course flawed.

My point is, that the change to Good is not uncontested for any single Drow. Some of them will be turned Good, but many more will probably turn Evil or insane or both.
The help they are given by the Good factions might change some of that, perhaps.

Kalanyr said:
Morwel will also attempt to stop the Tempest looting Ellisterae and since she was fighting by Ellisterae's side she should be as capable of doing this as any are.

If Morwel manages to stop the Tempest from looting Ellisterae (or even if she does not) she'll have the goddess teleported to safety in the Court of Stars for the time being in the company of Faerinall (1 of the Epic PL she brought with her). She will then turn her attention to Iuz and the Elder Brothers (assuming she's in anything like time). And after invoking a Dimension Lock:

With a cold look in her eyes she stares at the Old One and the Elder Brothers
"Give him a chance to surrender and be Imprisoned. His reactions are not incomprehensible if reprehensible. Well Old One ?"

If Iuz surrenders , Morwel will Imprison him. If Iuz refuses Morwel will then join the battle against Iuz and Imprison him on defeat. (Where I believe she now has a fair edge.)

Morwel and Keoghtom did manage to prevent the Tempest from looting Elistraee, but Iuz is gone.

Edena_of_Neith said:
A FEW drow have made it through the Withdrawal, become good aligned, and they state THEY now speak for the Empire of Eclavdor.
A delegation of these good drow (from Miranda, the Baklunish Empire, and other good places) show up in Rel Astra, in full diplomatic colors.

At the same time, some of the drow have now made it through the Withdrawal, but it was reversed by evil influences (these drow are from the Empire of Iuz, Tharquish Dominion, mountain areas controlled by Paxus, and other places of this sort) are now claiming THEY speak for Eclavdor.
These now super evil drow show up at Rel Astra, in full diplomatic colors.
The good drow immediately denounce the evil drow.
The evil drow immediately denounce the good drow.

Indeed. Two delegations of Drow come to Rel Astra. Their legal mandate to represent Eclavdor is questionable, to say the least, but fairly equal as such. They both consist of high-ranking officials and militaries, though.

Bugbear said:
Once things settle down somewhat in the Great City and it looks like my Modrons have resuced all the drow they could reach, Rhynnon orders the Modrons and the Knights to transport the Mordheil refugees back to Rel Mord where they can receive better treatment.

Rhynnon, however remains in the city, and returns to the place where he left Iuz and Elistrie. Seeing that Iuz is badly wounded and facing the Elder Brothers and Lady Morwel, Rhynnon slips quitly into the room and pulls a small iron flask from his belt.

Then he waits to see what happens.

(Serpenteye, I sent you an e-mail concerning this in case I'm not online when you rule on the battle.)

The situation has already been resolved. Iuz was severely wounded but managed to escape.
-
Over the coming weeks most of the Drow in the Great City get adequate care.

Anabstercorian said:
The Triumvirate would, but whether Aerdi (Knight Otu) would is unsure.

Private to Kalanyr and Serpenteye:
[sblock]In the event that Knight Otu refuses them entry, the Triumvirate will attempt to smuggle em' in.[/sblock]

ooc: Who?

William Ronald said:
Al'Akbar's mind reaches forth into those of the stricken drow of Oerth, sending a message of hope and love. The mental voice is one of comfort, the facial expression the drow perceive is one of someone who has gone through great struggles and survived, as well as having learned the lessons of compassion.

"You are not alone, my friends. All of sentience is bound up in the great family of Being and all life is truly akin. Feel it within yourselves. You are loved. There are those who are willing to stand with you in your time of need. You are not alone, my friends. Your lives and the lives of others have value in and of themselves, apart from the doctrines you learned in your youth. I believe that Oerth and Greyspace will need all her children in the days to come. I call you to life, to hope, and healing. You are not alone and you are loved."

They see a vision of Oerth and Greyspace as it could be, worlds of great beauty where all use their gifts to promote peace and understanding. The damage of the Twin Cataclysm is undone and rivers flow through the Dry Steppes and the Sea of Dust, amid cities, farmlands, great plains, forests, and fruit trees. Nation does not make war against nation, hunger is ended, and all are treated with compassion and dignity.

"This is what we may be able to achieve. I urge you to respond to my healing. I will work to help you through the Withdrawal. Remember, there are those who love you and respect you. I offer healing and hope, to you, my friends."

It takes time and effort, but Al-Akbar's help and compassion makes a big difference. It is not yet apparent, but his messages will save thousands of Drow from Evil and madness.

James Heard said:
OOC: Zagyg is offering to loan Elistraee 1 epic PL of his divine essence until turn 2, as a surrogate. Basically after the bombs drop and he's ill he figures that someone closer to the drow might be able to take care of them better than his subconscious and much better than his conscious. Right now, while he's thinking about it and before he forgets that he's doing something important. You better give it back though, he's doing this intentionally.

Elistraee gasps and wakes up. Smiling weakly she says "Thank you."

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(Waits for Serpenteye to complete his rulings on all recent posts, before posting any further. The fate of the drow of the Great City and Eclavdra hang in the balance.)

azmodean

First Post
(OOC: I apologise for being out of touch during this lovely chaos, I thought, "hey, I can miss a day or two while I run my home game", ok, mental note, no I can't.)

OOC, but in game:
When the Drow, er, situation is detected, N'grath leads a force (about 1 epic PL) into the drow cities under Barundi, the Red Kindom, and Ishtarland to investigate.

If he can determine that at least some of the afflicted drow can be "brought over", he and his druids will work to heal them and bring them through this situation. This will all be done using trusted members of the druidic order, and be kept secret from the general populace to avoid a backlash from a population who believes the drow to be irredemably evil. N'grath will also launch a campaign to slowly persuade his people that the drow aren't so bad after all and might even be able to work together with others without biting their faces off.

If his divinations and intuition tell him otherwise, that the drow will be a force for evil and destruction when they recover, the same force of druids, along with N'grath will purge the cities of all drow and take the resources of the cities for their own. He will then announce the great victory over the forces of evil to his people.

When the diaboloic envoys arrive with their offers of technology, N'grath drives them forth from his lands using any means necessary (though he doesn't use force if they leave when asked, after hearing them out).

Serpenteye

First Post
William Ronald said:
The 11th Commandment of the IR: Thou shalt make allowances for typographical errors. Al'Akbar will get back to you on the other commandments. :lol:

I believe tha 7 elite PL of celestials and djinn will help stabilize the situation in the Great City.

If attacked, Al'Akbar and Daoud will strike but to render people unconscious. -- assuming that separating people will not work. The demigod will say to his attackers, "I came to fight the Whispered One and other horrors would destroy us all. I will not slay you, as I want you alive to fight those threats."

ooc: I'll agree with that commandment. If it's not followed, I'd never be able to make myself understood. :heh:

The Bakluni are not attacked. The slave-uprising has been subdued, and the suffering Drow are being taken care of by a grand coalition of healers.

Airwhale said:
SerpentEye:

How did Knight otarus forces teleport Eclavia out from under my nose? I was very explicitly guarding her body (with 20 Elite pls and 2 epic pls), and I was the first on the scene, following Iuz, of course. The relevent post is somewhere on page 7... I can dig it up if you like.

Heh... Sorry. I know you wrote that but I forgot about it. :\ I can't undo what I have ruled, though, that would make a mess out of everything. I can say that Knight Otu seems to be handling Eclavdra in a nearly saintly way and that his intention didn't seem to be to cause Eclavdra harm.
The fact is, plenty of factions were protecting Eclavdra and it would have been a lengthy process for you all to negotiate about who would be entrusted to take care of her. Knight Otu was the first one to state that he was taking her and I, wanting to simplify the situation, ruled in his favour. Anyway, what's done is done, and it probably won't cause too much trouble.

Kalanyr said:
In the interests of aiding Aliador, Celene and the Lendores and as the closest approximation to an active Elven power, as she is here on behalf of the Seldarine, Morwel will grant the elves and other inhabitants and of these places divine magic as long as they fall within her clerical alignment (CN,CG,NG).

William/Serpenteye/Festy Dog
PRIVATE:
[sblock]Morwel will willingly show up assuming the conflict is resolved at such a time in order to aid Eclavdra.[/sblock]

Many elves accept your blessing gratefully (see Edena's posts on the matter). Your generosity, of giving of your own power freely and unconditionally, will gain you new converts. In the short term, though, it costs you as much power as it gives you.
-
Since Knight Otu stated that Eclavdra's location is not protected against divinations of teleportation Morwel has no difficulty arriving by her side.

Guilt Puppy said:
- Re Iuz, is retreat an option? I was kind of assuming spells like Dimensional Anchor/Lock/Etc would be in place in any given combat (otherwise, every epic/elite combat ends in teleporting away, rather than defeat... kinda hard to make progress.)... If I do need to specify, consider it specifed, and consider it specified henceforth whenever it's an option :)

It does need to be specified, because your forces will have to divert some power into it which will make them less effective in combat. If one of the Brothers would have done nothing but cast Dimensional Anchors or similar spells Iuz's chances of escaping would have been much lower (but his chances of defeating them would have been greater).

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC:
Uch, Edena. We are disagreeing about what truly evil and good is. From at least my point of view. ;)

But yes, this is silently accepted. And Black Elf Priests and Priestesses could recive spells from Iuz. Except those slavish to him. He don't rejects friends, and insane friends, he only laughs on those without spine.

Iuz uses Miracle upon Elclavdra, all could hear that he wishes her wellbeing and swift return to health whatever way she chooses. Edena You should inmediately pick up character for Eclavdra, ignoring all stupid things like Iuz or Elistaree, good and evil of elves.

Eclavdra heve, for a moment, absolutely free choice.

Absolutely free choice... That would give Eclavdra what no being in existance has ever truly had. Some might speculate that absolutely free choice, absolute power, would elevate her to a status that transcended reality. She would become... infinite in every way.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, Iuz does not have that kind of power.

The Miracle is granted. Eclavdra will have free choice, to some degree.
--

Iuz can grant them spells, but since few of them under His control only a very small number will turn to His worship. Those under the control of Iuz's ideological and theological enemies might cast an occasional spell drawn from Him. In the end, it seems unless some things change, Iuz will spend more divine energy on granting the spells than he will get back in worship.

Creamsteak said:
And I said I'd never write a huge post this IR...

Nice... I'm really looking forward to when your character will enter the game in truth. :]

Edena_of_Neith said:
Eclavdra remains unconscious.
Based on what I've read, Ashardalons' people are caring for her in Greater Aerdi, Rary, Robilar and Eli are helping her (trying to cause her to become good), and Morwel wants to send help, but Knight Otus' power of Greater Aerdi hasn't yet cleared this.
Others might want to send help, but Knight Otus' power hasn't cleared them either.

If Serpenteye agrees with this, I'd like to comment that the overwhelming presence of elves in the Great City, and the presence of so many good demipowers, and the fact they won the battle against the evil demipowers, made the difference.
It looks like - it appears like - we are going to have a Great City of good drow on Turn 2.
I don't know who they'll be worshipping, and I don't know who my PC will be if any, for Eclavdras' fate is up in the air still, but it would appear the drow of the Great City are going to make it through the Withdrawal and become good.
At least, the EARLY INDICATIONS that the demipowers and healers present have, indicate this. They indicate that the (originally over one million, currently population remaining unknown) hundreds of thousands of drow are all going to become good drow.

Eclavdra woke up briefly, thanks to Zagyg's intervention, but drifted back to unconsciousness again. One way or the other, I rule, Iuz's Miracle will wake her up. What free choice Eclavdra makes is entirely up to you.
--
I rule that many of the Drow being tended by the goodly factions will become Good. Many, not necessarily a majority, though, that remains to be seen. Others will turn Evil, insane, both, or worse. The Drow are evil, they are the poster-girls (and boys, but mostly girls) of evil, that's not going to change easily.
Many of those who turn Good will turn a grim kind of Good, not all sunshine and lollypops. The adults of the Drow have been evil for centuries, they've committed terrible deeds of cruelty and loved it with all their hearts, that is a stain on their conscience they may never be rid of, a heavy burden to carry.

Paxus Asclepius said:
The Wolf God, and the humanoids outside the Great City, are arranging for long-term care. A few Elite units are being used to shuttle in supplies, and to locate long-term sources of food and water; where they cannot be found here, Teleportation Circles are used to bring in supplies from the Pomarj. The humanoids do not leave the area; they are building residences, according to standardized plans provided to them from the Wolf God's iron-fisted bureaucracy.

So, the millions of former slaves are once again taking up residence in the city as subjects of the Wolf God. There is open speculation in the literate circles on Oerth wether this means that the Wolf God is de-facto making a claim to the Great City itself...

Airwhale said:
The post in which I stated I was guarding Eclavia was post 88, page 5 on this thread.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1964238&postcount=88

If the navy had a choice about it, they would gladly release her to some elven nation, with a minimal deligation to ensure her well being (1 elite power level). They would also release her to any lawfull, non-evil nation (i.e. Nyrond), but they would insist on accompanying her to ensure her well-being. (i.e. the 2 epic and 10 elite power levels). They would not willingly release her in to anyone else.

ooc: I know, I know... I :):):):)ed up. As I wrote, it would have been a long and difficult process to determine her whereabouts to be if it would have been handled by diplomacy. I wanted to resolve the situation and move on. Anyway, sorry, If I had remembered correctly I would have handled things differently.

Edena_of_Neith said:
TO PAXUS

Understood, Paxus. Sorry for the mistake.
Most of the drow in those cities within your territories, are going to die during the Withdrawal, unable to make it through without help.
Those that do make it through, will become good drow.
This was my concept, at least, and if Serpenteye allows it this will be the case.

True... The Drow, the vast majority of them, are completely unable to take care of themselves and those of them who recover on their own are more likely to slit some throats than help their fellow dark-elf. Almost all of them die, from pain, thirst, or violence.

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC:
And for Your inormation Edena, Iuz is using to cast this spell on Eclavdra his Chaotic part of personality. Without Evil Intent or anything like Evil Power ... it costed him much. Two Miracles ... in a row. Hard times come over Iuz, he shouldn't ever again perform good deed. :)

Free choice is free choice... The wording of the spell should protect her against its inerent taint.
(And perhaps Iuz is not as evil as He used to be)

Serpenteye!

I am giving Sulhaut Mountains to Airwhale, most of inhabitants would be glad to be free of Vampire rulership.( I now see I didn`t need Aiwhale`s ships at all, since my Epics can transport 50 PL a day! Grrr, I should have asked before!)

Some of my regular forces were transported by Airwhale, but I am transporting the rest using 1 Epic Pl. It should transport most of my troops in several days, I want to have 350 Pl of regular armies on Gibenei, 150 will help secure Valion Gool, rest is joining the war).

Lord Gallador is kind towards Lord Yaghal, treating him as equal. He calls him the only brave of the Warlords and states that they are not going to die, Gallador will soon become a God himself, and his allies are mighty! Gallador demands that Yaghal throws most of his forces against the second`s strongest Warlord capital. And he invites his ally to Erelhei Cinhu Pact.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
There is open speculation in the literate circles on Oerth wether this means that the Wolf God is de-facto making a claim to the Great City itself...

No comment.

Serpenteye said:
The Drow, the vast majority of them, are completely unable to take care of themselves and those of them who recover on their own are more likely to slit some throats than help their fellow dark-elf. Almost all of them die, from pain, thirst, or violence.
Regrettable, but unavoidable; the Wolf God could not countenance any uninvited interference in their affairs, on his part or anothers.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Serpenteye said:
In time this will make a tremendous difference, assuming Iuz is in any condition to be worshiped ...

OOC:
Yup, he is still kicking despite best efforts of Sinister Monks ... I must admit that this time Lady Death hugged Iuz a bit too strongly for my liking. And now he is missing hand ! How humilating ... Elistraee will suffer a thousand times for this. Iuz will ... marry her to a sleazy dretch, or ... Tee Hee, or to 'Lyndie, James's crazy paladin. :]

Serpenteye, could I assume that Iuz's other wounds are just impressive scarring on his wrinkly as ... :eek: ... hide ? And he ruined Elistraee's good looks forever, if I read it right Wicked One chopped off half of her face, yes ? She'll need a mask I think. Because scars inflicted by Iuz will stay. Forever. Like DM stated no magic will regenerate this, once, preety face ! Iuz have his vengance. Mu, Cha, Cha. :]

She must wait until modern cosmetic surgery will became avaible, I'm afraid. :\ :heh:

I repeat, Guilt Puppy's seizing of opportunity was a spark of genius ! I'm congratulating him again. Unfortunately for Brotherhood ... Iuz lives, is free, and is undetectable. And breathes hatred as hot as Ashardalon's firestorms. :D Many will suffer ... Unless somhow Iuz's wouded pride will be healed. Task as collosal as explaining meaning of virtues to lemure.

Serpenteye said:
Most of the population of the planet is indeed mindless undead. Another large segment of the population, if you can call them that, are humans kept as cattle. Deprived of all the requirements of mental development from birth they are practically mindless as well. They have no language, and nearly no emotions.
There are also numerous intelligent lesser forms of undead. Ghouls, Ghasts and more exotic variations. Incorporeal undead are also plentiful, though they are mostly used as scouts. There are quite a few Vampire-Spawns, but not many Vampires.

OOC:
Chmm ... Teleporting some troops there might be unwise.

IC:
*Drelzna come before lord Gallador, asking for audience ... and she is suprised for a moment when she saw him, as if he had changed somehow.*

King Gallador, I'm here to inform You that Scarlet Brotherhood betrayed TEC Pact and attacked my brother. Eclavdra is free of influences of those seeking to enslave her and mold her in parody of free being like themselves. She will choose her fate, alone.

And humans here ... they are wonderful material, my priests started to teach them. In time ... they may became faithful. Diviners that I contacted refused to help in localizing Selitisia ... and without her head on the pike, or groweling at Your feet ...

*She left unspoken that it will surely not help in cementing Gallador's power over the land. Suddenly she cut down, with her blade made of her very soul as Nosferatu King suspects, a rogue shadow ... who probably was hiding in this place and tried to feed on her life. Undead vanished, when entropy take him after tasting edge of Drelzna's sword.*

... and we should find her, before she resurects Vecna. There is too much that we don't know about our enemy. For example how much time we are left.

Serpenteye said:
It is uncertain wether Vecna is a Lesser or Intermediate God. He was Intermediate, but might have been weakened by the loss of his worshipers on other worlds. You can only speculate, and hope for the best.

OOC:
I hope that Iuz will have time to recover. Otherwise, they are all doomed. Vecna will kill other Demigods, ate them ... and Iuz will commit sucide with Morganti blade. If he will be lucky. :)

Serpenteye said:
You do not at this time have the ability to absorb that many souls into yourself. Iuz is sponsoring your divine ascension, but it will take some time before Gallador becomes a Hero-God.

OOC: And Iuz ? Did he have the ability ? Time could be found ... :]

Serpenteye said:
Iuz, wounded and tired, staggers back under the initial assault. He's still much more powerful than any one of the mortal Brothers, though, and he strikes back. Fighting with all his cunning and all his power... he still keeps getting worn down.

Iuz has no such compunctions, though. He's fighting for his life by now.

Serpenteye said:
ooc: Time Stop is not what it was, unfortunately. In 3,5E you're unable to affect anyone but yourself during a Time Stop.

OOC:
Yes, where are these Wizard's spells when You need them ? Several Horrid Withlings would turn the battle in favor of Iuz. ;) :mad: :p

Serpenteye said:
As he limps into the room Victoria turns from her bucket and smiles at him cruelly. "I see that you are hurt, darling, let me lick those beautiful wounds."

Iuz is now 0,7 epPL, the Brothers are 4,8.

IC:
*Dangerous light danced in Demonic Eyes of Iuz when he raised his had against Victoria. But then he spotted bucket, and that arm he raised is missing hand. His eyebrows crossed.*

What are You doing ?

*Iuz asked dangerously, before uttering Calling and at his feet appeared severed limb. And he sighed, while murmuring to himself.*

Momma will be pissed ... She hates when someone disturbs her researches. But I need my hand ...

*Deviless whimpered, and runned back to her bucket. Iuz face twisted in disgust.*

Could You explain me, please, what is happening to You ?

Serpenteye said:
Nope, all planes are sealed off, except for small isolated parts of the Ethereal and Astral and a handful of pocket-dimensions and demiplanes located inside the sphere.
Your sages believe that Oerth, and the other bodies of the Crystal Sphere, can supply you with the elemental energies and substances needed to support life and spellcasting. However, you no longer have an inexhaustable supply to draw upon, especially of Negative and Positive energy.

OOC:
Then we should create some, neh ? :)

Serpenteye said:
That's right. If Iuz had been unwounded he would probably have defeated the Elder Brothers, but in his reduced condition he had no choice but to flee.

OOC:
Yup, with a bit of luck Iuz's strength might be enough to defeat even Epics ... but not this time. :]

Serpenteye said:
My point is, that the change to Good is not uncontested for any single Drow. Some of them will be turned Good, but many more will probably turn Evil or insane or both.
The help they are given by the Good factions might change some of that, perhaps.

OOC:
I fully agree, and humbly remind of Iuz's cute clerics tending stupid Black Elves. What is Your rule about this ? Are the forces of Good to corrupt Black Elves with impunity ?

Serpenteye said:
Indeed. Two delegations of Drow come to Rel Astra. Their legal mandate to represent Eclavdor is questionable, to say the least, but fairly equal as such. They both consist of high-ranking officials and militaries, though.

OOC:
Iuz laughs, wipes tears and laughs again.

Serpenteye said:
The situation has already been resolved. Iuz was severely wounded but managed to escape.
Over the coming weeks most of the Drow in the Great City get adequate care.

OOC:
Okay, goodies are corrupting with impunity ... Iuz is in no condition to make meaningful protest, but I hope that His clerics give some drow fair chance of returnig to their senses without brainwashing from ,so called, good powers ? I repeat, Iuz doesn't brainwash anyone and his Priesstesses only help Black Elves to surviwe and not fall in madness. Nothing more.

Serpenteye said:
Elistraee gasps and wakes up. Smiling weakly she says "Thank you."

OOC:
Chmm, is Iuz's discreet revenge succesful Serpenteye ?

Private, Serpenteye:
[sblock]And will Zagyg's intervention help to mask it if Iuz achieved succes ? I don't mind if it will help.[/sblock]

Edena, Iuz doesn't respond. But First Maid, after reffering Iuz's version of events in Great City to Ruling Pair, will. Good powers are robbing Black Elves of their free wills, with their foresightless ... "influence". She may smile then and add that those who remained Drow, call it even corruption. And ask Ruling Pair of their decision about hapless demon. Iuz left it's fate in the hands of Aliador Elves as it seems. Her's destruction or anything other fate that Aliadores will choose for her. Yes, Glabrezu is a she. :lol:
And I'm sorry for writting it OOC but I'm afraid that I might be too slow if I will write it IC. :( :eek:

Serpenteye

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Serpenteye – PRIVATE

[sblock]The 2 epic PL at the standoff resume their discreet assistance of the drow in the Great City.

Also, once it’s clear that Iuz’s forces have been deterred, the 15 elite PL seeing to defence of the drow cities will split, 5 PL remaining below to keep watch for any would-be invaders, and the other 10 PL distributing themselves among any drow refugees suffering from the Withdrawal within Nipponese/Zindian borders, in an effort to help their recovery.[/sblock]

And some of them will even be grateful for your help...

Creamsteak said:
I've been skimming google for images that might fit my PC (looking up illithids and cthulhu and what-not). Here's one that I thought was just plain IR-ish. And funny.

Sweet. The ultimate combination of Magic, Divinity and Technology. :D

Kalanyr said:
To all:
Morwel will not actively promote herself, but she will grant spells to anyone of the chaotic good alignment who petitions her, and likewise anyone of the alignments within one step, although she will revoke the access from any who perform evil or lawful acts.

To Edena/Serpenteye:

Morwel will willingly grant spells to those who worship the Seldarine as long as they are within one step of chaotic good alignment, she is not capable of granting spells to others.

Likewise she will willingly accept those who are capable of becoming clerics, who are within 1 step of the chaotic good alignment.

(It would seem Iuz is looking after the evil ones anyway)

Some of them will be brought over to your worship.

Edena_of_Neith said:
TO SERPENTEYE

I am informed by Rikandur that Iuz is bequeathing the status of hero-diety on Eclavdra.
Can Iuz do that? Is that allowed?
If yes, what are the rules for this?

Ehh, yes and no. Iuz can't bequeath the status, but he can give her a little help on the way. It does require, however, that she and Iuz spend some time together.

Kalanyr said:
If Iuz's miracle is detectable Faerinaal will add a Wish to it, Eclavdra's choice should be free and perhaps the balance of good and evil will help.

That works. Eclavdra's choice is a little freer.

Edena_of_Neith said:
I will say that some few of the elves are turning to the worship of Zagyg, if that is allowed.

Zagyg only granted spells to the Drow, right? ...?

Rikandur Azebol said:
And Iuz's Miracle was spoken aloud, with his voice booming through whole Great City, so only deaf people didn't heard it. Just before Brothers attacked Him.

Second Miracle was extremly discreet and isn't concerning Eclavdra, so don't concern Yourself with it. It wait for Serpenteye's ruling.

The second Miracle... might not have worked, you don't know yet. You know it didn't work to the degree you intended, though.

Rikandur Azebol said:
And another thought striked me ... Iuz, in cold reality, is almost innocent comparing to innumerable killings done by Morwel or Elistaree, how many people could die because of You during 160 years of life in comparision to almost unimaginable age of Morwel, countless worlds she visited and hordes of foes that she killed during this time, in person. The same for Elistaree ... It gives me "moral" upper hand. >Chuckle.< :p :)

Ahh, the innocense of youth...

azmodean said:
(OOC: I apologise for being out of touch during this lovely chaos, I thought, "hey, I can miss a day or two while I run my home game", ok, mental note, no I can't.)

OOC, but in game:
When the Drow, er, situation is detected, N'grath leads a force (about 1 epic PL) into the drow cities under Barundi, the Red Kindom, and Ishtarland to investigate.

If he can determine that at least some of the afflicted drow can be "brought over", he and his druids will work to heal them and bring them through this situation. This will all be done using trusted members of the druidic order, and be kept secret from the general populace to avoid a backlash from a population who believes the drow to be irredemably evil. N'grath will also launch a campaign to slowly persuade his people that the drow aren't so bad after all and might even be able to work together with others without biting their faces off.

If his divinations and intuition tell him otherwise, that the drow will be a force for evil and destruction when they recover, the same force of druids, along with N'grath will purge the cities of all drow and take the resources of the cities for their own. He will then announce the great victory over the forces of evil to his people.

When the diaboloic envoys arrive with their offers of technology, N'grath drives them forth from his lands using any means necessary (though he doesn't use force if they leave when asked, after hearing them out).

Your divinations reveal that some of the Drow can be redeemed, and that some are destined to remain Evil. They don't tell you which ones will end up which way, though.

Airwhale

First Post
OOC: I have company here today, so I have to keep this short... sorry!

SE:

Not a problem about Eclavia =)

Our spelljamming forces will continue to assist Gallador to transport his army in the fastest way... either via magic or ship.

(private)
[sblock]
As stated in my post, and as Galador and I agreed upon, I am holding onto 150 pls of galadors army. I'm freeing humans and dwarves first, and other gobolinoids second.
[/sblock]

He anounces the following to them, via magic:
" Good people of the Sulhaut Mountains, We have freed you from your
enslavement! In a few days, ships will come with supplies and food,
and we will help you rebuild your society. We will protect you from
further enslavement, and we welcome you the kingdom of Ginsel. You
are free to leave your homes if you wish, and if you wish to leave
your mountain homes and join us in the mountains and plains of Ginsel,
You would be welcome! We would require you to pay for your transport
with a year of service to the crown, but we guarantee that you will be
paid a good wage, you will not be over worked, and you will be treated
fairly! This I swear, on my family, and my name!"

Foran(1 epic pl) is still by the side of Gallador the undieing.

Keoghtom teleports away from the elven imperial navy, to go about his never-ending explorations.

(SE... private)
[sblock]
K's actions are detailed in my template,
[/sblock]

The Grayhawk imperial navy assists in the troop convoy, but then they will go back to assisting the drow demigoddess and Al'Akbar.(40 pls) Once the troop convoy is complete. They will transport the drow demigoddess to a safer location should she request it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases