(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The Wolf God, and the humanoids outside the Great City, are arranging for long-term care. A few Elite units are being used to shuttle in supplies, and to locate long-term sources of food and water; where they cannot be found here, Teleportation Circles are used to bring in supplies from the Pomarj. The humanoids do not leave the area; they are building residences, according to standardized plans provided to them from the Wolf God's iron-fisted bureaucracy.

The cities of the drow that were in the Wolf God's lands, or nearer to his lands than any others, have not been invaded or sacked; neither have rescuers entered to heal the stricken drow. Until such time as someone is able to speak for the drow as a whole, the Wolf God simply waits; neither his troops nor anyone else's enter these cities, nor will anyone come from them into the Wolf God's empire.

Airwhale

First Post
The post in which I stated I was guarding Eclavia was post 88, page 5 on this thread.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1964238&postcount=88
(OOC: Time is short, sadly, but Ren, Foran (4 epic pls), and 30 elite pls(mostly elves) assist the drow demigod in fighting the wicked one. Keoghtom(2 epic pls), and 10 elite pls (mostly elves) guard and try to apply Keoghtom's healing balm to Eclavdra. This second group will join in the fight if Iuz is close enough to the drow queen)
(And another 20 elites are trying to gather the other drow to the great city(mostly human... ginsal forces)

If the navy had a choice about it, they would gladly release her to some elven nation, with a minimal deligation to ensure her well being (1 elite power level). They would also release her to any lawfull, non-evil nation (i.e. Nyrond), but they would insist on accompanying her to ensure her well-being. (i.e. the 2 epic and 10 elite power levels). They would not willingly release her in to anyone else.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO PAXUS

Understood, Paxus. Sorry for the mistake.
Most of the drow in those cities within your territories, are going to die during the Withdrawal, unable to make it through without help.
Those that do make it through, will become good drow.
This was my concept, at least, and if Serpenteye allows it this will be the case.

Interesting that the millions of humanoids are building residences. The drow originally intended the humanoids as slave labor to help build the Great City for them. They never would have imaged the Great City was being built by the humanoids ... for the humanoids! :)

-

TO KALANYR (playing Thomas' power)

Some, but only some, of the elven clerics are turning to Morwel and becoming her clerics, if Morwel allows it.
These few elves, mostly in Celene and the Lendores, get those 0 and 1st level spells, I'm guessing.

However, MOST of the elven clerics in Aliador, Celene, and the Lendores, are pleading with Morwel to grant them her spells and the powers of clerics ... but refusing to convert to her worship.
Why?
It's simple.
The elves are very loyal to their own deities, the Seldarine. Now, the Seldarine are not talking to them, and there is rumor of war in Arborea and Arvandor, but that does not mean - according to the elven clerics - that the Seldarine are dead.
The elves would not turn away from their dieties, in what might be their deities' darkest hour, just because they are noncommunicative! The elves are loyal to Corellon, Sehanine, Hanali, and the others. They are loyal to their deities, and they are loyal to each other. Such is the way of the elves.

But the elves are in a serious plight, as I explained in my introductory post concerning Aliador. They are like 5 year old children in a boarded up house with adults with knives and torches coming.
So yes, they turn to Morwel. They plead. They beg. They ask for the power she could grant, the spells she could give, the protection she could afford. They plead for her goodwill, her friendship, and her alliance, in their desperate hour. They plead for her mercy, her charity, her kindness.
They do this in total humility. This is not an act of greed or subterfuge or plotting. This is genuine need, and an honest request for help.

But they cannot convert to her as their diety. They would be betraying Corellon, Sehanine, and all the others if they turned their faces away from them, when Corellon might be in his darkest hour also, maybe dying, and this is the time to abandon him, and put him outside their prayers?
It is unthinkable. They would never betray the Seldarine, just as they would never betray each other.
They aren't trying to say there is something wrong with Morwel. They aren't trying to say the Seldarine are superior to her. They aren't saying she isn't worthy of worship!
But they are saying they cannot turn to her for worship.

So, it is up to you. Morwel could grant the elven clerics spells and powers, or withhold them, according to your desires and Morwels' powers.

As I said, a very few elven clerics do turn to the worship of Morwel. But they are few, they generally didn't worship the Seldarine originally, and they are the less lofty elves of Celene and the Lendores.

-

Kalanyr, what happens next is that a fair number of NON-clerical elves, especially from Aliador, but also from Celene and the Lendores, are now petitioning to BECOME clerics of Morwel.
These elves consider that they can reverence the Seldarine, and reverence Morwel also, and that there is no ethical conflict involved. They have not sworn alliegance to a particular diety or dieties, so why would there be anything wrong with revering the Seldarine and swearing loyalty to Morwel?
There are a few elves also petitioning to become worshippers of the other demipowers present in the world.
These elves would be seeking out demipowers of chaotic good, neutral good, and lawful good, in that order of preference, followed by chaotic neutral as a distant fourth, and neutral as a very distant fifth. (Obviously, Eilistraee is chosen by a few of the non-clerical elves as their deity, and they swear loyalty to her. But is any PC interested? And are there any NPCs out there they could select?)

-

TO AIRWHALE

Serpenteye ruled that Knight Otu got Eclavdra. His power got her, out of the 8 or 9 powers who tried to protect her and/or take her to safety.
Sorry, Airwhale. : (
Thanks for the effort your power made.
You do realize, if you read my writing above, that the presence of your elves - all those elves of the Elven Imperial Navy - are helping to make a big difference in the Withdrawal, for the drow of the Great City. Your elves, are helping just by being there, and giving medical aid, to convert the drow to good. Hundreds of thousands of drow. If this happens, it will be a historic first on Oerth: the first time in over 20,000 years the majority drow population has stood in the Light.

I realize you made that post. You'll have to talk to Serpenteye, I guess. Hes' the only one who can change a ruling. It's out of my hands.
Now, as usual, I could be wrong. Maybe I misinterpreted things. Maybe Knight Otu didn't get Eclavdra. But I remember Ashardalon got her. That's what I remember.

And Iuz, threw that Miracle from his own Empire. I'm guessing a Miracle spell cast by a demipower would penetrate Knight Otus' realm and affect Eclavdra, even though she was under Ashardalon and Rarys' protection.
That's just my guess. If Serpenteye rules that that's not the case, then it isn't. Otherwise, it would seem to me that Iuzs' move was the decisive one. I mean, Miracle is a pretty powerful spell, especially if a demipower throws it, and I don't think either Ashardalon or Rary were prepared for this happening. I really don't. Again, I could be mistaken.
I'll wait for people to post, though, before I jump again (jumping last time caused Serpenteye no end of grief, and I won't do that to him again.) I will not decide for my PC until everyone has had a chance to have their say.

-

TO RIKANDUR

I'm guessing Iuz is trying to teleport in to Ashardalons' holdings? To give back the Regalia of Lordly Might to Eclavdra?
Is this the case?
If so, again I can't rule on whether he succeeds. We'll have to wait until Serpenteye calls it, especially if Knight Otus' power resists Iuzs' attempt.
Heck, if Iuz teleports in, he could well grab Eclavdra right then and there, and teleport out with her. I don't know what Iuz will do. It's up to you, Rikandur.

What I will say is that, I have decided what choice Eclavdra is going to make, if she is given the free choice that Iuz attempted to bequeath to her with the Miracle spell.
I've made up my mind. The die is cast here.

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC:
And for Your inormation Edena, Iuz is using to cast this spell on Eclavdra his Chaotic part of personality. Without Evil Intent or anything like Evil Power ... it costed him much. Two Miracles ... in a row. Hard times come over Iuz, he shouldn't ever again perform good deed. :)

Nope, he will give it back to her in a way safe for him, if she remind him of this little fact. He likes her, but he's evil ! And Regalia protect him from detection attempts, at least for now.

And one more thing ... Iuz is VERY DISCREETLY, giving Cure spells to elven clerics of Aliador. They would detect only that it is something amiss that Iuz's healing magic patches the wound more or less like modern medicine, but without anthestetics so it hurts like hell. And leaves scars ...

One more thing, how long Aliador Elves resist begging from tortured demon ? First Maid, if asked will tell that creature's fate is in their hands. It was punished for disobedience and insulting the Elves, and very lightly according to Drow and Iuz's law. Now it's further life, sanity and/or punishment is up to Aliadoran's. It wil also show Iuz how they truly are, because this punishment is also a probing of elven nature. Iuz belive that acts have more meaning than worthless words.

Kalanyr, Iuz consider Morwel a traitor because of her helping Elistaree who were "invading" Drow. For Iuz is clear that Elistaree caused Withdrawal. And nobody explained him his mistake, but all jumped at him and started attacking. ;)
And he wouldn leave his fate in the hands of someone he distrusts completly ! Earlier Iuz would surrender to Rhynnon, who is controlled by Regalia of Neutrality. :heh:

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
Melkor sent:
I assume the Navy will help with its full force if Vecna shows on Gibenei?

King Gallador,

That would depend on the situation... Ginsel would strongly discourage
the navy from entering into a fight in which they suffered irrevocable
losses. Ginsel would also strongly discourage the navy from entering a
multi-front war, if they were already involved in another conflict.
However, as a part of a large military operation, the Navy would
probably help out.

The navy, however, is also very upset at you, for attacking their
charges on Oerth with negative energy. It is already very hard for me
to convince them to use their ships to transfer your army, as they
would rather attack you on sight for attempting to interfere with the
natural process involved when the corruption left the drow. They beleve you should have used other methods to keep them from dieing. I am
trying to keep things diplomatically stable between you and them, but,
please be aware, you are not making my job easy.

Please send my regards to Foran.

RanzwickTurroTurmalkinEllyjopestCorymottin, ruler of Ginsel

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Rikandur said:
*Iuz nearly split Hachiman's face in two with his greatsword that was raised agains Elistaree. Look of utter suprise written all over his old face. Reason seem to return to him when he thrusted the blade into the ground with great howl of anguish.*

Who are You samurai ? I didn't breached my word ! I was visiting my friend and ally Elcavdra when this ... disease overcame her people. And then I saw Drow Goddes entering Eclavdra's throneroom. I reacted true to my word, retribution on all who attack my allies from TEC Pact ! She should be beheaded for not defending Eclavdra !!!

*Thump of Iuz's severed hand pointed at Morwel.*

Besides ... It is up to Council to decide ! Not You, foreign upstart !

*Demon God gazed at his bleeding arm and cauterized wound within nearest fire. Then he bore his eyes in Elistaree's form.*

You will be punished by Council then for attacking my ally along with Your traitorous protector !

*Another pointing at Morwel.*

Now, where's Eclavdra ?!

Hachiman inclined his head momentarily before introducing himself.

“Iuz-san, I am Hachiman, demigod of war,” he replied to the enquiry of his indentity, before another brief statement, “If you’d care to take a closer look, I know it is well within your power, you would find the drow's condition arises from the lack of an influence, rather than from one’s presence. They are returning to their natural state. Eilistraee came to ease the pain of their transition to what they once were: elves.”

When the Tempest moved towards Ellistraee, Hachiman took a step, placing himself between the barbarian deity and the gravely injured goddess.

“Galeda, Zennef, you had best get back to what you were doing,” he said to the guardinals, without removing his gaze from potential enemy before him.

They disappeared, resuming their duties elsewhere.

Hachiman doesn’t interfere with the conflict that starts between Iuz and the Scarlet Brotherhood. Instead staying back and protecting Ellistraee, if she is taken to safety, he resumes his duties back in Nippon and Zindia.

William Ronald said:
Upon seeing Hachiman, Al'Akbar bows politely in the Nippon fashion. "Domo ia gato, Hachiman. You showed great courage. Perhaps you and Queen Morwel can attend to Ellistrae."

Hachiman bows deeply in return.

“I am merely doing my duty, Al’Akbar-san. I commit myself to this task, so I shall see to Ellistraee’s safety,” he replied.

Until Elistraee has been taken to safety, Hachiman stands by and protects her, and will attempt to heal her if it will aid her recovery.

Back in Nippon, Emperor Noru reads the message from the Scarlet Brotherhood. He raises an eyebrow, and then looks to the messenger who brought it.

“This isn’t a prank of some sort is it? This is hardly the time for such things,” he says sternly.

“No, my lord, it is not,” he replies earnestly.

The emperor then looks more puzzled.

“They want to buy children, who aren’t even ours to sell in the first place?” He turns to Gul’thor, who represented Zindia’s counsel in Nippon, “Gul’thor-san, any suggestions for a reply?”

The ogre mage had an amused smile on his face by now, “The best reply is likely to simply not reply, Emperor Noru.”

The emperor nodded, “Let us hope no other factions take such terrible measures with those who would seek safety within their borders.”

He hands the letter back to the messenger.

“Dispose of it, please, it offends me.”

Hastily the messenger bowed, and was gone.

William Ronald & Kalanyr – PRIVATE

[sblock]Hachiman is ready and awaiting the all-clear to go help Eclavdra, assuming Ellistraee is safe in the court of the Eladrin, or wherever.[/sblock]

Serpenteye – PRIVATE

[sblock]The 2 epic PL at the standoff resume their discreet assistance of the drow in the Great City.

Also, once it’s clear that Iuz’s forces have been deterred, the 15 elite PL seeing to defence of the drow cities will split, 5 PL remaining below to keep watch for any would-be invaders, and the other 10 PL distributing themselves among any drow refugees suffering from the Withdrawal within Nipponese/Zindian borders, in an effort to help their recovery.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC:
Disarming, truly disrmig Creamsteak. :D

Festy Dog, I thank You for clearing all for Iuz. but his only reply is denial and stubbornly inclining that Elistaree, as only Drow Deity that was affecting them, is responsible. And it may even be true, to some extent. :p

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
To all:
Morwel will not actively promote herself, but she will grant spells to anyone of the chaotic good alignment who petitions her, and likewise anyone of the alignments within one step, although she will revoke the access from any who perform evil or lawful acts.

To Edena/Serpenteye:

Morwel will willingly grant spells to those who worship the Seldarine as long as they are within one step of chaotic good alignment, she is not capable of granting spells to others.

Likewise she will willingly accept those who are capable of becoming clerics, who are within 1 step of the chaotic good alignment.

(It would seem Iuz is looking after the evil ones anyway)

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Kalanyr said:
To Edena/Serpenteye:

Morwel will willingly grant spells to those who worship the Seldarine as long as they are within one step of chaotic good alignment, she is not capable of granting spells to others.

Likewise she will willingly accept those who are capable of becoming clerics, who are within 1 step of the chaotic good alignment.

(It would seem Iuz is looking after the evil ones anyway)

Nope, Iuz is anonymously helping ones he promised to protect. Since they go to war soon, he is giving them Cures whenever, for whatever and to whoever they pray, regardless of aligment. I simply indicate that Cure from evil demigod of Suffering is without build in advantages that good deities are giving with their Cures. Presence of his small shrine in Aliador gives him rough indication, and that's my excuse. Zagyg is mad, so he doesn't need excuse ... and Morwel ? :)

Remove ads