• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(The statements below are given now, by all 4 competing factions of my power. They send these messages to all the other leaders of Oerth.)

-

From the (few as yet) New Evil Drow:

Iuz, our ally, came to save and protect Eclavdra and our people in their hour of need. Iuz answered the TEC Pact, honored the TEC Pact, and has the honor of all the drow.
Eilistraee interfered. By what right did Eilistraee interfere in Iuzs' effort to help us?
We did not invite Eilistraee to come to the Great City, and start interfering when the Withdrawal was upon us.

We denounce Eilistraee and her interference, and we believe the TEC Pact should see her executed as a traitoress to them and to us.
We appeal to Ashardalon, in the wisdom of the Dragon, to see justice done upon Eilistraee, and to care well for our stricken leader, Eclavdra, so that she may recover from the Withdrawal and become enlightened as we are.

We denounce Morwen as a traitor. We believe she has betrayed the TEC Pact, in aiding Eilistraee.
We believe Miranda, Marchwards, and Elvanian Forest should be obliterated for this treason, as outlined under the TEC agreement.
We appreciate that the Whispered One comes, and some would argue that all should stand against him. However, we believe that the TEC Pact is better off without traitors like Morwen and her people, and that our battle against the Whispered One would be more effective without their help.
At the very least, we call for the expulsion of Miranda, Marchwards, and Elvanian Forest from the TEC Pact.

We are withdrawing the drow from the Treaty of Miranda. We do not believe there can be alliance or reason with the elves. They have already betrayed Iuz, threatened Gallador, and they will betray all of us in the end.

We call for a closer role for Iuz and Gallador in our council against the Whispered One.
We call for greater military cooperation and readiness with them, that we may emerge victorious.

If any further harm is inflicted upon Iuz the Great, the drow will consider that treason against the TEC Pact, and we will act accordingly.

-

From the (few as yet) New Good Drow:

We denounce the actions of aggressors who came to the Great City to thwart the Withdrawal. We consider this a violation of the TEC Pact. We do not ask for justice for this violation, but we condemn Iuz, the Tempest, Gallador, and others who came to once more corrupt us back into the ways of evil.

We give our thanks to Eilistraee for aiding us in our darkest hour.
We hope that Eilistraee yet lives, for we would have her as our Queen.
We appreciate that Eclavdra is probably lost to us, so we would plead for Eilistraee to become our Queen. We plead in all humbleness and humility for the Dark Maiden to consider us once more, even as she granted her mercy and charity upon us Below.

We renounce forever the ways of Lolth.
We renounce the Darkness.
We ask for mercy and forgiveness for our ways from our Surface Brethren, and we will work to make amends for the harm we have done.
We appreciate that the justified hatred and suspicion of us will not go away quickly, but we will work for as long as it takes to make amends for the evil we have done, and to earn the goodwill and respect of our Surface Brethren once more.

To Greater Nyrond, the Baklunish Empire, Miranda, and others who truly supported us, we give our thanks and goodwill.
We will live up to the alliance of the TEC Pact, not out of the greedy expediency and plotting of the old ways, but out of altruism and common ground against the Whispered One.
We will honor the Pact of Miranda as it was truly meant to be honored, in friendship and goodwill and common need, and not in secret plots and greed and hate.

We do not advocate retribution against Iuz, the Tempest, Gallador, or anyone else.
We do not advocate harm to any on Oerth.
We believe all should stand together against the coming threat from Without.
We remain in the TEC Pact because we appreciate the gravity of the situation that now exists.

-

From the Lord of the Yuan-Ti:

I speak for Eclavdor since Eclavdra is currently ill, and others in the high leadership are incacitated.
I believe the violence in the City Below should end, that compromise should be achieved, and that we should not tear the TEC Pact apart with accusations against Iuz and Morwen.

For the purpose of collective security, the Yuan-Ti Empire will honor the Treaty of Miranda.
We hope for the cure of Eclavdra. May the Serpent bless her.

-

From the King of the Ice Elves of the Adri:

(has nothing to say)

Last edited:

Rikandur:

Sollir, Anabstercorian Sendings reach for Arch Merchant and Eli and Rary, Drelzna informs them that Selitisia the Lich Servant of Vecna fled from Gallador and they should locate her before she ressurects Vecna ! Especially Mercan who is Multiverse famous Diviner, and mightest mages of Oerth Eli and Rary.

(OOC-Pardon me I missed this message and didn't see it til it was quoted again)

Glu'boise is flattered although before engaging in any action that could endanger himself and his nation he advises against it anyways as Lord Iuz has at this moment little ability to combat Selitisia. He further inquires as to what sort of compensation he could offer the mercane for this risky manuever.

Moments later the Arch-Merchant casts some divinations upon Gallador's actions and irefully discover about the vampire's attack on Selitisia's palace. Intriguing... he thinks, although he does nothing at the moment.

Last edited:

Bugbear

First Post
Once things settle down somewhat in the Great City and it looks like my Modrons have resuced all the drow they could reach, Rhynnon orders the Modrons and the Knights to transport the Mordheil refugees back to Rel Mord where they can receive better treatment.

Rhynnon, however remains in the city, and returns to the place where he left Iuz and Elistrie. Seeing that Iuz is badly wounded and facing the Elder Brothers and Lady Morwel, Rhynnon slips quitly into the room and pulls a small iron flask from his belt.

Then he waits to see what happens.

(Serpenteye, I sent you an e-mail concerning this in case I'm not online when you rule on the battle.)

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
The Triumvirate would, but whether Aerdi (Knight Otu) would is unsure.

Private to Kalanyr and Serpenteye:
[sblock]In the event that Knight Otu refuses them entry, the Triumvirate will attempt to smuggle em' in.[/sblock]

William Ronald

Explorer
Al'Akbar Acts

During the great battle between Iuz and the powers arrayed against him, Al'Akbar, Daoud, and their forces encountered drow deep in the throws of Withdrawal. The minds and bodies of the drow writhed in torment, their features contorting as if in the grip of a horrific nightmare. Al'Akbar, Daoud, their clergy, and the gathered celestials and genies poured forth their power to aid the stricken people. (As I have been away, I imagine that no one listened to Al'Akbar's earlier call for peace.)

Al'Akbar's mind reaches forth into those of the stricken drow of Oerth, sending a message of hope and love. The mental voice is one of comfort, the facial expression the drow perceive is one of someone who has gone through great struggles and survived, as well as having learned the lessons of compassion.

"You are not alone, my friends. All of sentience is bound up in the great family of Being and all life is truly akin. Feel it within yourselves. You are loved. There are those who are willing to stand with you in your time of need. You are not alone, my friends. Your lives and the lives of others have value in and of themselves, apart from the doctrines you learned in your youth. I believe that Oerth and Greyspace will need all her children in the days to come. I call you to life, to hope, and healing. You are not alone and you are loved."

They see a vision of Oerth and Greyspace as it could be, worlds of great beauty where all use their gifts to promote peace and understanding. The damage of the Twin Cataclysm is undone and rivers flow through the Dry Steppes and the Sea of Dust, amid cities, farmlands, great plains, forests, and fruit trees. Nation does not make war against nation, hunger is ended, and all are treated with compassion and dignity.

"This is what we may be able to achieve. I urge you to respond to my healing. I will work to help you through the Withdrawal. Remember, there are those who love you and respect you. I offer healing and hope, to you, my friends."

AIRWHALE:

Al'Akbar sends a message to the leaders of the Elven Imperial Navy. I will be there shortly to resolve the situation.

KALANYR:

Morwel receives a telepathic message. "I am arriving shortly."

Al'Akbar, the hero god Daoud, and seven elite PL worth of djinn and celestials appear near Ellistrae and Morwel. If the fight with Iuz and the Tempest continues, Al'Akbar will state the following.

"The Whispered One comes soon, the being who desires to feed upon our souls like a man might feed on luscious grapes, and you fight still. The gods, in an act of courage and compassion, walled us off from the forces attacking the planes. What force could be so powerful? Is it coming for us. Iuz and the Tempest, you are mighty warriors but are also known for brilliant minds. We have worse threats to face than each other. I urge everyone to stand down now! I respect the power and the courage of everyone gathered here. Yet Oerth and Greyspace will need all their defenders -- regardless of their respective differences -- in the struggle to come. I urge everyone to stand down. For the sake of Oerth and Greyspace, by all you hold dear, I ask you to do so now"

If Morwel and Hachiman are still under attack after this, Daoud and Al'Akbar create a Prismatic Wall to separate the Tempest and Iuz from them. If possible, he will try to ensure that the Elder Brothers of the Scarlet Brotherhood are protected as well. (Yes, the Baklunish demigod will try to save the lives of those who despise him and his people.) This will give time for Morwel, Hachiman, the Elven Army to leave, while not harming Iuz and the Tempest.

KNIGHT OTU:

Private:
[sblock] "Ashardalon, I do wish to meet with you in Rel Astra. Additionally, I seek to attend to Eclavdra, as may some others. I fear that if she does not benefit from my healing or those of Ellistrae or allied powers, Eclavdra may become truly destructive. I ask to heal an ally. I will come to you now if you wish."

"Your words make sense, and it seems that we are among the few who realize the true danger. What threat could lead the gods to wall off Greyspace? I believe it was done for our protection, as the stories I have heard in recent days are terrible. I worry that something truly horrific has been released on the multiverse. Oerth and all of Greyspace may be islands under seige."[sblock]

Al'Akbar appears at the embassy of the Baklunish Empire, and sends word to the Overking and his advisor that he has arrived. All this assumes that I can end the conflict. Daoud returns to the Baklunish Empire and contacts Queen Morwel, telling him that Al'Akbar has gone to his nation's embassy in Aerdi to try to attend to Eclavdra.

The celestials and djinn aid the forces of Greater Nyrond and the Triumvirate Rebellious in attending to the Drow. King Sethannon Rhynnon, Lord Rary, Lord Robilar, and Lord Eli Tomorast are informed that Al'Akbar is in his embassy in Aerdi.

A noble djinn bows politely to the Triumvirate Rebellious. "Verily, the Triumvirate is wise indeed. For Eclavdra in her condition may emerge from the Withdrawal more evil than any can imagine. She may even chose to side with the Whispered One if she views the world should die now that her goddess has vanished."

James Heard

Explorer
serpenteye said:
And the battle is over.

Elistraee, clinging to life by pure force of will, collapses on the scarred floor.

(Elistraee is down to 0 epPL, just barely alive but helpless. Iuz is down to 1,1 epPL, seriously wounded.)

An interlude: Somewhere in Aestia.

The young girl hesitantly mopped his brow.

"M'Lord? Will he be ok?"

Like a shadow stalking more shadows, Murlynd sometime Master of Spoons, paced the cramped quarters of the cave. He made a short, harsh gesture of his hands.

"I don't know, Melinda. He's remarkably lucid sometimes. That's never a good sign. He's using himself up. He wasn't created to handle this sort of strain."

"Is he...is he going to die?"

The god barked out a surprisingly human laugh.

"Of course not. You or I might die, Zagyg is something...more eternal."

"M'Lord?"

"You think that his madness is his purpose. Everyone does. No, don't try to lie to me when I can see your eyes. You know this is truth."

She nodded in embarrassed acknowledgement.

"You misunderstand him and underestimate him. It's a disservice, but I admit it's one I understand."

"But Master, he's just so..."

"Yes. Often he is. But crucial to the order of things no less, understand?"

She nodded weakly.

In the sweat-soaked cot, the figure stirred.

"...Such a nice girl...Yes...Accept..."

"What's he doing, Master?"

The great paladin shrugged.

"Who knows what is hidden in his mind? He is like the stars, of uncertain consequence and hidden depths."

She worried her face into a frown and hurried to mop the man's fevered forehead.

Somewhere Else- Yes, Right There.

A thread of consciousness scours Oerth looking for her, his intuition making work of the gaps between logic where his ruined ego fails him. Why her? Because something is wrong, or more crucially something is different.

Ah. Yes, there she is. Right there. Lyndie would laugh at him with those worried eyes if he only knew.

"You old goat," he'd say, "They're all the same."

But, of course, Lyndie would be wrong. Lyndie is always wrong, even when he's right. Lyndie is wrong sometimes even when he can prove that he's right. Poor Lyndie, such a dear.

Where was she again?

"Take," he said. Or rather he didn't say, but something like saying. Or maybe it wasn't like saying anything at all. In any case though, he said it.

"Take."

The battered intellect stirred. Such a pretty girl, very polite.

"Accept."

It was hard to think under these circumstances, luckily he remembered how to not think. Carefully he concentrated on not thinking, until he was just a painful powerful shadow of a whisper of a...well, until he wasn't not there.

Begging her to take it - A gift. No reward. No cost. Just a lending between friends. Her friends, her people. Not Zagyg's.

OOC: Zagyg is offering to loan Elistraee 1 epic PL of his divine essence until turn 2, as a surrogate. Basically after the bombs drop and he's ill he figures that someone closer to the drow might be able to take care of them better than his subconscious and much better than his conscious. Right now, while he's thinking about it and before he forgets that he's doing something important. You better give it back though, he's doing this intentionally.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
Morwel is puzzled as to who Morwen is and why this person is a traitor since she cannot even remember seeing her. ;)

The 11th Commandment of the IR: Thou shalt make allowances for typographical errors. Al'Akbar will get back to you on the other commandments. :lol:

I believe tha 7 elite PL of celestials and djinn will help stabilize the situation in the Great City.

If attacked, Al'Akbar and Daoud will strike but to render people unconscious. -- assuming that separating people will not work. The demigod will say to his attackers, "I came to fight the Whispered One and other horrors would destroy us all. I will not slay you, as I want you alive to fight those threats."

KALANYR AND FESTY DOG:
PRIVATE:
[sblock]Assuming Al'Akbar can get access to Eclavdra to heal her, he shall contact you and ask if either Morwel or Hachiman can aid in healing her. I am worried that an evil Eclavdra will not be lawful evil, or chaotic evil, but psychotic evil. See the Dark One (OOC: Tharzidun) for details of this sort of evil.[/sblock]

Airwhale

First Post
William Ronald said:
AIRWHALE:

Al'Akbar sends a message to the leaders of the Elven Imperial Navy. I will be there shortly to resolve the situation.

From the General:

"Understood. We will give command of the situation to you, and will assist you however you ask."

Behind the General, a gnome is cursing under his breath, looking at his pocketwatch, and saying something along the lines of "It's about time..." The gnome then vanishes via teleport.
SerpentEye:

How did Knight otarus forces teleport Eclavia out from under my nose? I was very explicitly guarding her body (with 20 Elite pls and 2 epic pls), and I was the first on the scene, following Iuz, of course. The relevent post is somewhere on page 7... I can dig it up if you like.

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
The Tempest stands quietly with a dull stare while Morwel, Al'Akbar, and the other forces defending Elistraee spout out oaths to battle for her safety and pleas for peace. Finally, after Al'Akbar appears and finishes his impassioned speech, the Tempest rolls his eyes and says, "You good demipowers are really boring bastards, you know that? Yak yak yak..." (OOC: not really William, but the Tempest is very young and more than a little pompous with most people).

He leaves Elistraee and the others, and watches the battle between Iuz and the Elder Brothers. He believes the Brother's assurance that they won't kill Iuz, but he's going to make sure no one else tries to.

Remove ads