• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron DM 2010 Discussion Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I like the random selection of opponents. :)
Yeah, I thought you would like that. IIRC, you and Wulf got thrown into the ring right off the bat last year. Don't get me wrong, it was plenty fun and exciting...but it would have been good to see more of both of you.

I'd be game. If there's a chance I could have my first round not on a Tuesday I'd appreciate it.
Is it that time already? Sign me up! And if I can make a request regarding scheduling, any time but Tuesdays and Thursdays are good for me.
Welcome aboard, gentlemen! I'll see what I can do to accommodate your schedules. Beyond Round One, there will be little I can do about which days you end up competing on, though.

I'll have another go, though if it fills up and someone who hasn't done it before wants to jump in, they can take my place (want everyone to get a chance!).
Welcome back, Champ! I've got you on the list.

CleverNickName

If you'd like another member of the RBDM Club to serve as judge, I'd be willing.
Most excellent! We now have enough judges for this year's competition...

...or do we?

I don't know if InVinoVeriatis is a member of the RBDM Club or not...in fact, it is hard to find any information at all on this club (organization? fraternity? secret society? cult?) But this event has always been judged by the RBDMs, and...well, I'd hate to be the one to break so noble of a tradition. Is it cool for a legitimate, non-rodent game master to be a judge?

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Actually, I almost volunteered to judge but my membership in that club has probably lapsed as its been some years since last I walked its dread halls, so I wasn't sure.

CleverNickName

Honestly, neither do we... I believe we sent him an invitation to join after the last Iron DM competition, but I'm not certain he ever got back to us one way or the other.
Hey, that works for me. I just want to keep things on the up-and-up.

I'm not a RBDM, so I won't be judging any matches. I might chime in with comments and predictions from the peanut gallery, but I have no say in who wins or loses. I'm just the host of the show, announcing the categories and charming you with my witty banter. :angel:

Only four slots remain!

Remove ads