log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)


log in or register to remove this ad

As if having a vision, Loosh stares into the middle of the room and says, "Is this a sword I see before me? And armour too?" He moves across the room and tries to get to a spot where he can reach them.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
As if having a vision, Loosh stares into the middle of the room and says, "Is this a sword I see before me? And armour too?" He moves across the room and tries to get to a spot where he can reach them.

"Beware Loosh! There could be a trap that melts your face off or something! "

Lal frowned at the statue. "Trickster god indeed, pretending to be a hard working respectable god like the Brick Layer. Shame on you!"

He then turned to the others and added in a much more even tone: "Thank you Giana, I'm... far from home. And Flint... what are Derro?"
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"They are a people from deep under the ground. So far from Sarenrae's light that I hear they fear it. I once knew a Dwarf that swore the were all insane murderers. Same Dwarf that forged this sword actually. He did good work but really had very little good to say about anyone." Harb chuckles at a distant memory that he doesn't share then looks around the room, checking the ceiling for bats wary that one might be more than it seems echos of scary stories told around a camp fire in the back of his mind.

"It's a different world down here. I don't see a way in or out except the one we came from or moving tons of stone."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Dwarf's right," Flint mutters predictably, his eyes back up to his teammates.

"Never met a derro m'self, but nobody ever told me different. Madness and death wrapped in a small, sickly blue package. Bah!" he spat, a fire burning in his eyes and glowing magically around his head.
 





JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"What in the Nine Hells..." Flint starts, flabbergasted, as he sees the sword moving towards Loosh of its own volition.

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Halfelf Paladin

OOC: Initiative [roll0]


Harb turns and notices the strange flying sword and draws his own weapon. The look of confusion on his face quickly giving way to another look, one that can easily be interpenetrated as "damned trickster gods."
 


eayres33

Explorer
GM:
These stats were pulled from the RG, if that has not been updated, please update and let me know so I can update the stats.
I’ll have the players go first, Vin and Corsca have not been around in a while, I will be skipping their turns until the return.
[sblock=AC and Conditions]
Vin AC 14/17/20 HP 20/20
Lal AC 16 HP 32/32
Corsa AC 13 HP 26/26
Flint AC 14 HP 27/27
Harb AC 19 HP 37/37
Loosh AC 16 HP 27/27
Giana AC 16 31/31
[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]
Flint 17
Loosh 9
Giana 7
Harb 5
Lal 3
Corsa?
Vin?
[/sblock]
[sblock=Gelatinous Cube]
Large
AC 6 HP 84 SPD 15ft
STR 14, DEX 3, CON 20, INT 1, WIS 6, CHA 1
Pseudopod: Melee +4 to hit 5ft, 3d6 acid damage
Engulf: moves up to its speed and enters creatures space, when creature enters space, the creature must make a DC 12 ST.
On a successful save creature can be moved 5ft back or to the side of the cube. On a failed save the cube enters the creature’s space and the creature takes 3d6 acid damage and is engulfed. An engulfed creature can’t breathe, is restrained, and takes 6d6 acid damage at the start of each of the cube’s turn. The engulfed creature moves with the cube.
An engulfed creature can try to escape by taking an action to make a DC 12 strength check. On success, the creature escapes and enters a space of its choice within 5 ft of the cube. [/sblock]

[sblock=Map]

InkedL1_LI.jpg
[/sblock]
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal didn't know what the thing *was*. But his every instincts screamed that it was dangerous - the unnatural appearance, the acidic smell... he twirled into a trance and attacked

OOC: The smart thing to do is to attack and pull back - it doesn't have weapons it can attack with - and scatter... but Lal doesn't know this. So erm... hit it hard please? :)

Bonus action: rage
Move: To K3 (trying to flank)
Attack: attacking cube with new flail!: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10


The attack was clumsy and telegraphed, but the thing was the size of a small barn, and not much faster...

OOC: AC 6? dear lord!

flail hit vs gelatinous cube, first dice are the bludgeoning : 3D4+6+3D4 = [4, 4, 3]+6+[3, 4, 3] = 27


The flail raked the alien flesh, tearing off a chunk!
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint does not trust the thing. A floating sword? It was bound to be magical. And possibly less susceptible to the dwarf’s magic.

With a joyless grin, Flint rushes forward and swings his greataxe at the approaching floating gear.

OOC: Still oblivious... :p
Move to I-03, then attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
 


Loosh looked around at everyone, confused for a moment, "Is there something there? What are we doing?"

Cautiously he lunged forward with his boarding pike, trying to feel for an invisible object or creature.

OOC: [roll0] for [roll1] damage. If he has disadvantage for half-assing it: [roll=Disadvantage?]1d20+5[/roll]
 


eayres33

Explorer
With great axe in hand Flint rushes the floating sword and lands a mighty blow on the cube. A moment later a confused Loosh finds a home for his boarding pike.
Giana throws a sphere of flame scorching the side of the cube, while Lal dances past the flame to flank the cube and let loose with his flail taking a large chunk out of cube.
The cube surrounded on several sides reaches out with a pseudopod and Loosh finds his skin burning.
GM:
Harb will ready and action and can attack twice next turn.
Cube attack: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

Acid damage on Loosh: 3D6 = [5, 5, 2] = 12

[sblock=AC and Conditions]
Vin AC 14/17/20 HP 20/20
Lal AC 16 HP 32/32
Corsa AC 13 HP 26/26
Flint AC 14 HP 27/27
Harb AC 19 HP 37/37
Loosh AC 16 HP 15/27
Giana AC 16 HP 31/31
Cub AC 6 HP 42/84[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]
Flint 17
Loosh 9
Giana 7
Harb 5
Lal 3
Corsa?
Vin? [/sblock]
[sblock=Gelatinous Cube]
Large
AC 6 HP 84 SPD 15ft
STR 14, DEX 3, CON 20, INT 1, WIS 6, CHA 1
Pseudopod: Melee +4 to hit 5ft, 3d6 acid damage
Engulf: moves up to its speed and enters creatures space, when creature enters space, the creature must make a DC 12 ST.
On a successful save creature can be moved 5ft back or to the side of the cube. On a failed save the cube enters the creature’s space and the creature takes 3d6 acid damage and is engulfed. An engulfed creature can’t breathe, is restrained, and takes 6d6 acid damage at the start of each of the cube’s turn. The engulfed creature moves with the cube.
An engulfed creature can try to escape by taking an action to make a DC 12 strength check. On success, the creature escapes and enters a space of its choice within 5 ft of the cube. [/sblock]
[sblock=Map]

InkedL1_LI.jpg

[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Insight check for Flint: [roll0]


Flint still doesn't understanding what's going on.

"What's this cursed sword attackin' us fer?" he exclaims, confused, then mutters an incantation as he reaches out with one hand. Sparks dance between his fingers.
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top