• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ironwood sword, Market price ?

Deamoclese

First Post
What would the market price modifier be for a weapon made out of ironwood? +1? +2? higher? I have no clue how to figure this out... anybody have an idea?

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Technically:
11th level caster
6th level spell
Always on

11*6*2000=132,000

plus the price of the sword.

Although this ridiculous price is due to 3rd ed's ridiculous habit of not distinguishing between spells which last 1 round per level (meaning that an item of permanent tenser's transformation would cost the same), and spells which last longer.

I'd be tempted to just make an item which cast the spell once per day. That'd cost you
11*6*1800/4
or

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Saeviomagy said:
Technically:
11th level caster
6th level spell
Always on

11*6*2000=132,000

plus the price of the sword.

As per the DMG, that looks an awful lot like a +8 enhancement...

Andargor

RandomNPC

First Post
Well you could do 450 for Permanency (caster level 9*50) and Ironwood for 660(caster level 11*60) and then add some for the XP cost of permanency, and then pray to your gods that no one figures to cast dispel magic.

Drawmack

First Post
+1 enchantment with no weapon price since it is just a club carved to look like a bastard sword, additionally since it's a club the character does not need a bastard sword proficiency.

Gort

Explorer
Er, Drawmack, that's like saying a sword is a club cause all a sword is is a club that's been forged into the shape of a sword.

Ironwood's like metal.

Drawmack

First Post
Nope, I've posted the analysis before, but I'll do it again.

Point 1) When you enchant a weapon giving it the power to fire, i.e. a sword that can shoot lightening bolts, you do not change the weapon type from melee to ranged. Additionally one type of sword does not become a nother type of sword due to an enchantment. Enchantments do not change the weaon in anyway other then to enhance it.

What is a club?
From www.dictionary.com

1. A stout heavy stick, usually thicker at one end, suitable for use as a weapon; a cudgel.

So the question becomes if you carve a piece of wood to look like a bastard sword is it still a club.

Is it still a stick? Yes
Is it thicher at one end then the other? Yes
Is it suitable for use as a weapon? Yes

Okay so now I've got a club that looks like a bastard sword. I enchant said club with the ironwood spell. I now have an enchanted club that acts like a bastard sword. It doesn't actually become a bastard sword.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads