D&D 5E Is D&D 5e a Sandwich?

Is D&D 5e a Sandwich?

• 1. Yes.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 2. No.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • 3. Only pizzas can be sandwiches.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 4. If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Poll closed .

MGibster

Legend
Looking out on the substitute scene
Still going strong
XO, man
It's okay, it's alright, nothing's wrong

Tell Mr. Man with impossible plans to just leave me alone
In the place where I make no mistakes
In the place where I have what it takes
I'm never gonna know you now
But I'm gonna write these threads anyhow
And now it's a bad acid trip!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
And I've changed my mind. Teach me your ways, oh, master!

A lot of people made quick easy money during the release of 5e and for several years after. Any business was good, just as any stock is good on a rising market. People thought they were sharp operators, when actually they were just riding a lucky streak. The very rich are getting richer and all the others are going broke. The big holders are not shrewd or ruthless or enterprising. They don't have to say or think anything. All they have to do is sit and the money comes pouring in. You have to get up with the Big Holders or drop out and take any job they hand you. The middle class is getting the squeeze, and only one in a thousand will go up. The Big Holders are the house, and the indie designers and the kickstarters are the players. The player goes broke if he keeps on playing, and the indie designers has to play or lose to Hasbro by default.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
That's right. You read the title. Search your feelings. You always knew that the internet would throw this at you, with the inevitability of your uncle forwarding you an email that you don't want to read.

The ancient hotness:
Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Yesterday's hawt taek:
Is a taco a sandwich?

Today's already-tired challenge:
Is a New Zealand garbage pizza a sandwich?

Now, you've heard it hear first- Thursday's HAWT TAEK delivered two days early ... 'cuz we need to go GALAXY BRAINED.

Is the Fifth Edition of D&D ... a sandwich?

Let's see ... "A sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type."

And what is D&D 5e? Well, D&D is definitely food for your brain. 5e in particular has been compared to The Cheesecake Factory, so we know that 5e is full of carbs.

And Hasbro definitely charges a lot of bread for its products.

Finally, and most importantly, people use "D&D" interchangeably to refer to TTRPGs, just like they use "sandwich" to refer to any number of foodstuffs.

So, it would seem to be inarguable- the fifth edition of D&D is, in fact, a sandwich.

That said, I will put a poll up so that people can register that they they have incorrect opinions that are different than mine.
5E is “flavored” seltzer water, like La Croix in the USA. The homeopathy of flavors. There was once a lemon in the same room as the seltzer water, therefore this is a case of “lemon-flavored” La Croix. There’s a memory of a flavor somewhere. The paper the books were printed on was once in the same room as something with flavor in the past. But what that flavor was, no one knows.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

5E is “flavored” seltzer water, like La Croix in the USA. The homeopathy of flavors. There was once a lemon in the same room as the seltzer water, therefore this is a case of “lemon-flavored” La Croix. There’s a memory of a flavor somewhere. The paper the books were printed on was once in the same room as something with flavor in the past. But what that flavor was, no one knows.

I'm working on a new, improved theory.

5e is a an RPG, but FRIED, and ON A STICK.

That's right. Because that D&D is 'Murikan, and we all know that no matter how judge-y people might be, we all love things that are fried, and on sticks.

Everything (EVERYTHING!) is better when it's fried and on a stick.

Oreos? YES.
Chessecake? SHOVEL IT DOWN MY PIE HOLE.
Twinkies? SWEET FRANKENSTEIN'S CREATION!
Coca Cola? I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW ITS POSSIBLE, BUT ITS GOING IN MY BELLY!

You can't hate it, because it's so good.

Oofta

Legend
I'm working on a new, improved theory.

5e is a an RPG, but FRIED, and ON A STICK.

That's right. Because that D&D is 'Murikan, and we all know that no matter how judge-y people might be, we all love things that are fried, and on sticks.

Everything (EVERYTHING!) is better when it's fried and on a stick.

Oreos? YES.
Chessecake? SHOVEL IT DOWN MY PIE HOLE.
Twinkies? SWEET FRANKENSTEIN'S CREATION!
Coca Cola? I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW ITS POSSIBLE, BUT ITS GOING IN MY BELLY!

You can't hate it, because it's so good.
State fair special: fried butter on a stick.

Proof that there are miracles.

Snarf Zagyg

State fair special: fried butter on a stick.

Proof that there are miracles.

You mean yet another miracle from Abel Gonzales Jr., aka FRIED JESUS?

Admittedly, where do you have to go after deep-frying PBJs, Coke, Cookie Dough, and Butter? That's like the holy scripture of fried food on a stick.

Remove ads