D&D 4E Is Multi-Attacking Really Control? A different Fireball

Eubani

Legend
If you want stun just change it to a daily. As for magnetized that should be simple using combat adv and disadv ti you make your save.

Like I said in another topic, D&D really has more than 4 roles and 4e put multiple combat styles together

It is really
  • Controllers
    • Blasters- AOE Damage
    • Debuffers- Debuffs + Root/KD/Slow"
  • Defenders
    • Shielders- Marks + Defense
    • Bashers- Marks + Offense
  • Leaders
    • Commanders - Buff and Attack granting
    • Healers- Healing Focus
  • Strikers
    • Hammers- Melee DPR + Toughness
    • Skirmishers- Melee DPR + Shift powers
    • Snipers- Ranged DPR + "Root/KD/Slow"
Yeah but 4 is plenty to call out. Beyond that you can basically just have themes and PP that spell out variations and whatnot.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
If you want stun just change it to a daily. As for magnetized that should be simple using combat adv and disadv ti you make your save.
You could move metal wearing enemies together into a nice clump if you want magnetized to mean magnetized ;p you bounce the lightning between them and they are move Int Squares towards another who also has metal armor. Very controllery but kind of too humorous for me.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Magnetize can mean repel as well as attract so you could up the control ability by providing choice.
I like that one could just make it slide metal wearing enemies closer or further to each other x squares or something but I almost want this to be on its own separate from Lightning (could still involve electrical damage)
Magnetic Storm power perhaps

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I mean humor is over taking me "Metalic Slam Dance", "Steal Disco", "Dancing Bots", "electric puppeteering"

Dance of Thor. (or what is the god of lightning in your game world)

Last edited:

Remove ads