• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Radoon]"You crazy old sea dog! Your timing isn't much, but your heart is in the right place." She kisses him on the cheek and hugs him tightly. "I would be honored if you would come back to Cambre, but I wouldn't ask you to give up the sea completely. I expect I could find time to call upon you from time to time. Like oh once or twice a day?" She winks at him. "There is time enough for such discussions on the voyage home."[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Radoon, Allois, the unconcious Finn and Marienna stay near the building, while the rest of the group moves off toward the little yacht. The boat is small (60' long and 25' wide), but with a single tall mast rigged for a lateen sail. It has the look of a racing boat rather than a more functional craft. There is no sign of life aboard as the party approaches. A gangway extends to the center of the ship. The name limed on the rear of the craft is Crestdancer and the home port is Waveborne Hold, the Southern capital of the Empire.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

With this, his eyes look up from the floor and his smile is as wide as Gnurl is tall. He holds her tightly as they embrace.

"I guess I should bring Marin back to meet with Allois." With this he puts the disk on the ground in the corner. Not knowing what is going to happen he, M. and Allois will take a few steps back.

Scotley

Hero
Captain Marin

Putting the disk down proves anti-climactic at first. Nothing at all happens. The suddenly, Captain Marin is standing in the circle, leaning on his cane and cluthing a loaded blunderbus in one hand. Seeing Allios, he lets the gun clatter to the deck and steps forward to embrace his son. Allios stands mute showing little response. Marin turns to clap Radoon on the back. Then puts and arm around Marienna. "Thank all the Gods of Heaven you've done it. You look as if you've been through hell." Looking at Marienna he asks, "will he be okay." She responds, "Yes uncle, I think he will, but it will take time, healing and prayer. His mind is very weak from having his will drained away by the undead." Marin shakes his head saddly and then notices the disassembled ships before him. "Is that the Daughter of Cambre and the Lorrainna Fare? At least what's left of them? If I could get them reassembled, Marin and Son could be a going concern again. A fine job you've done, I never expect to get my ships back as well as my son." Turning to Radoon he asks, "How about the Rumpled Bedsheet, what sort of shape is she in?"

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Scotley said:
Putting the disk down proves anti-climactic at first. Nothing at all happens. The suddenly, Captain Marin is standing in the circle, leaning on his cane and cluthing a loaded blunderbus in one hand. Seeing Allios, he lets the gun clatter to the deck and steps forward to embrace his son. Allios stands mute showing little response. Marin turns to clap Radoon on the back. Then puts and arm around Marienna. "Thank all the Gods of Heaven you've done it. You look as if you've been through hell." Looking at Marienna he asks, "will he be okay." She responds, "Yes uncle, I think he will, but it will take time, healing and prayer. His mind is very weak from having his will drained away by the undead." Marin shakes his head saddly and then notices the disassembled ships before him. "Is that the Daughter of Cambre and the Lorrainna Fare? At least what's left of them? If I could get them reassembled, Marin and Son could be a going concern again. A fine job you've done, I never expect to get my ships back as well as my son." Turning to Radoon he asks, "How about the Rumpled Bedsheet, what sort of shape is she in?"

"I have not personally seen her but from the reports to us she sea worthy. Those that are responsible for the whole mess did manage to escape us, I am very sorry we failed in that part of our mission. They used magic to calm The Sheet's wind so she could not pursue. The Radiant Sun and Captain Vasa were indispensable. With the number of undead we faced, we could have never done this without him..." With a smile, Radoon adds, "However if I'd had know you'd be bringing that elephant gun, I would have brought you much sooner - to join our fun.

Would you like to go back to The Sheet with us or have you arranged other means of transportation?"

Scotley

Hero
"I would like to thank everyone involved. So I guess I'll stick around a while and maybe talk with you all. I plan to ride back to Cambre with the 'Bedsheet."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl's Words of Warning....

"Alright, gentlemen, I don't know how much you know about liches, but here's what we are dealing with: Evidently, the Sea Sorcerer was just able to complete his transformation of himself into a lich, so that he could begin an unlife of potetially unlimited duration. When he completed these evil and arcane rituals, he was also creating a magic phylactery embued with some of his life force. It is imperative that we locate, identify, and utterly destroy that phylactery. If we fail to do this, the Sea Sorcerer will come back in a short span of days from now. The phylactery can take many forms, but the most common form is a sealed metal box containing strips of parchment inscribed with magical phrases. If the Sea Sorcerer completed his ritual as recently as I believed that he did, then his phylactery should have been within easy reach of the place where we found him, I think. But we saw no sign of it there, so perhaps I was wrong. At any rate, it is absoultely IMPERATIVE that we find the lich's phylactery and destroy it utterly."

[sblock=OOC: Scotley]I'm just putting the knowledge checks Gnurl made previously for knowledge about liches to good use. Hope it's ok with you.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon will help Allois back to The Sheet, with Marin and Marienna all in tow. Once back he will see that Allois and Marin are settled in a room and he will then take his leave to visit with his 1st mate and the rest of the crew, getting various account of what has happened. He will walk the ship looking that everything is in place.

J. Alexander

First Post
Resolution

With the unexpected arrival of Marin, Geoffrey will make way for the crew of the Sheet as they deal with Allois. As Marin and Company return to their vessel, Geoffrey will set about securing the area and having the entire compound searched. With the undead sharks still in the water, Geoffrey will aslo give orders that they be dealt with as well as having the building itself reconcresated and teams of priests walking the premiter with incense to help purify the general area. Having giving the order, Geoffrey will return to the Radiant Sun where he will give orders for the preparation of a large dinner for both crews. He will then avail himself of a bath and once clean spend thirty minutes in quite prayer in the chapel.

Returning from his prayers he will have a scribe prepare invitations to dinner for the shore party, Captain Marin, and the officers and crew of the Bedsheet. They will read as follows:

"The presence of your company is requested for dinner aboard "The Radiant Sun' at 8'oclock this evening."

Respectfully
Geoffrey Vasa

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads