• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Scotley

Hero
J. Alexander said:
Having completed the brief tour....Geoffrey returns to the mop captain "My sincerst thanks Captain, your ship is beautiful and you are lucky to Captain her...perhaps we can have lunch or dinner sometime and discuss it's construction...and I would love to have your opinion on "The Radiant Sun" I think you would find her very simliar in design and constrcuiton to yours though on a larger scale.

"I'm glad you like our little boat Captain. I've little use for lunch, but would be honored to visit your ship."

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
"Kindly tell me again, Cap'n, what is your master's name? And when was the last time that you saw him?" OOC: The master of this ship may still be around, somewhere, or, if not, his heirs may have a claim to her.... unless we can do something about that. I may have a plan....

"The ship's master was Magus Bonnar and I have not seen him in three days. As I said, I believe he was killed some two days ago."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

OOC: Has Gnurl heard the name Magus Bonnar before? If so, what does Gnurl know about him?

Knowledge (Arcana) check (+16) = 18
Kowledge (History) check (+8) = 16
:( (What sorry checks!)

Gnurl may be lucky if he knows how to SPELL "Magus Bonnar"!

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Gnurl is not familiar with Magus Bonnar. It seems likely that he is from the far south based on the home port on the back of the ship.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Well, if this ship is without a master, then, may I suggest that we impress the ship to our service, and file for salvage rights (as it was a hulk that we found on the high seas) at the nearest port we can reach? I am confident that we can stake a claim to the ship that is at least the equal of anyone else, and possession IS, as they say, nine-tenths! And ... I was fully intending to take up the profession of navigator at the earliest available opportunity! This would present me with an ideal chance to do that. Two of our number have their own ships, but H'Roosh, Finn, Mingo, and I do not. Some of us might choose to sail with the "Rumpled Bedsheet" or "The Radiant Storm," but those of us who so choose could embark in this vessel and share the captaincy?"

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Mingo & Co.

Scotley said:
"I have had no visitors. Unfortnately, Magus Bonnar, the owner of this boat, my creator seems to have fallen prey to the scruvy dogs here. He was lured here under false pretences by a foul sorcerer. I felt his death two days ago. I fear my crew and I are at loose ends." He waggles a mop head hand and smiles at his own wit.

"Captain Swabby, now what will you do? Return to your late master's home? Pursue the fiend responisible for his death? I ask because we may well be in need of a ship and crew shortly." Mingo smiles at Captain Swabby and Matie Hawser. Moving over to Matie, Mingo takes a glass. "Thank you, Matie." Mingo will taste the rum and lime.

Anson watches in disbelief as the party talks to the constructs. Mig sits next to her master wondering what is going on.

J. Alexander

First Post
Resolution

Hearing the tale and finally speaking Geoffrey says "Master Swabby I think we may all be on the same course..........as our interests appear to be common why dont you meet with us tomorrow to tour the Radiant Sun and see if we can make common league"

Remove ads