[Jan] What are you reading?

Krug

Newshound
Just finished the Astro City graphic novel revolving around The Confessor. Interesting characters and good script.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Aside from political books whose mere mention would engulf this thread in flames the like of which would leave mighty Surtr shocked and awed...

I received a wonderful Christmas present: the complete History of Middle Earth (all twelve volumes, used but in great condition---thank you Wormwife!)

It's going to be a long, geeky winter.

Speaking of Christmas, I just finished reading one of my favorite stories: Roads, by Seabury Quinn. If you ever get a chance to read this, please do.

Krug

Newshound
Just finished Summer Blonde by Adrian Tomine. Definitely the Raymond Carver of the comic book format.

Last edited:

ConnorSB

First Post
Tons of stuff. Perdido Street Station, The Years Best Science Writing 2003, The O'Henry Awards Short Story Collection 2003, Dune, A Clash of Kings (again), the list goes on...

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'm just finishing Fellowship of the Ring (for like the 17th time or something), but I also brought home two nonfiction books from the library that look interesting: Greek Fire, Poison Arrows and Scorpion Bombs: Biological & Chemical Warfare in the Ancient World and Constant Battles: The Myth of the Peaceful, Noble Savage. As soon as I finish FotR, which will be today, I'll start on one of these two, since they have to go back in three weeks. After that I'll move on to Two Towers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases