[JULY] What are you playing?

Agamon

Adventurer
Back to Sims 2 again. I have the University expansion, I think I should grab another one. Seasons or Nightlife...maybe Pets.

Finally got my Wii two days ago. Lotsa fun. Playing Wii Sports, Wii Play and LoZ:TP (the 1st Zelda game I've played since the original...). Looking foward to the new SSB and Mario Kart (a steering wheel, kewl!).

Still playing losta Blood Bowl with JavaBBowl on FUMBBL. My tabletop league starts next week, Go Dorfs! They may be slow, but they're darn tough!:)

Welverin

First Post
Agamon said:
LoZ:TP (the 1st Zelda game I've played since the original...).

Where have you been?

I suggest you use the virtual console, or whatever it's called, to catch up. You'll have to get Wind Waker separately, but I believe most everything else is available that way.

Kaodi

Hero
I've been playing X3: Reunion. Awfully addictive, awfully slow. I think I am finally winding down on my time with it, though. I don't think I am really up for the headache of building a vast, expansive empire. Just finally bought my first destroyer today, after a Getsu Fune Xenon attack that netted me over 16 million credits.

DarkJester

First Post
Neverwinter Nights 2, Overlord (PC), Paper Mario (Wii)

NWN2 is taking up most of the play time. I've become bored with Paper mario. Overlord is a pretty fun little game but the controls are a bit wonky.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Out of nostalgia I played Max Payne all the way through - the graphics are not so great nowadays but the story is still just as compelling as ever.

Sigh . . . now playing Max Payne 2 (spurred on by how good the original was) and similarly I'm just as disappointed with it as I was when it first came out . . .

Just signed up for and downloaded the open beta of World in Conflict It's only a Multiplayer beta, and there are only 3 maps (more to be added to the Beta), but it shows how much potential the game has.

Pro: Even on my 'near the minimum requirements' PC it runs beautifully and looks fantastic. It doesn't even take long to load the game, something that I find to be very non-typical of higher-res games today. And while I'm bad at the game it's still a ton of fun to simply watch (Via the very nice spectator mode) two sides beat each other silly. Oh, and Nukes, gotta love a game that lets you access nukes.

Con: I can realy see this being more geared towards 'clans' playing vs each other over pick-up games. The first time a 'PUG' (pick-up group) faces even a partial-clan opposing side it's all over. It's a bit too fast-paced for my ageing reflexes. The Units are the typical RTS generic fare (ie: Medium and Heavy types of Armor and Air and Artillery, ect) instead of more accurately modeled/statted units.

J Arcane

First Post
I must concur with what the Dragon has stated regarding World in Conflict.

It's a really fun game, but it definitely works best with a good team that actually works together. THe RPS-ish, combined arms mechanics really sort of require a joint effort to be truly effective.

It's still fun though, but I've taken to playing helis over the other classes because they're the ones with the most autonomy. Since they can't capture points, you're pretty much free to zip aroudn the battlefield making hit and run strikes, dodging any AA that should happen to rear it's head.

It's a lot of fun though. A LOT of fun.

I've also been thoroughly abusing the Puzzle Quest demo, and I'm glad to hear it's coming to PC.

Civ4: Beyond the Sword is also on it's way, and I intend to have it by whatever means necessary. The demo they released of the Final Frontier mod was brilliant, if a bit more micromanag-y than base Civ. And of course, it's only 100 turns, which means all it serves to do is give you just enough of a taste to want it desperately.

Agamon

Adventurer
Welverin said:
Where have you been?

I suggest you use the virtual console, or whatever it's called, to catch up. You'll have to get Wind Waker separately, but I believe most everything else is available that way.

I haven't been much of a console gamer since Playstation. I had an Atari, then an NES, then SNES, then a PS. Then I went mostly to PC gaming. Got a GC, but didn't use it much. Had an XBox for about 3 months (sold it to a friend), and a 360 for less than a week (returned it).

I may get some VC games, but I'm looking at getting Resident Evil 4. Between that and Zelda, and the very addictive Wii Sports, I'm probably good until Super Mario and Super Smash Bros come out.

Remove ads