• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[KK2]Encounter 2: Warm up is over. (Healing)

Victim

First Post
IIRC, Glib started prone and thus can only move once. So you can't cover 13 squares especially with penalties.

Victim

First Post
Rollie knows he won't be able to stand up and reach the patch of grasses to the northeast without getting spotted...

[sblock]As I mentioned above, Glib doesn't have the move to go 13 squares. Since you're just moving and staying hidden (right?), it wouldn't have changed anything if you moved @ your initiative. So I'll just put that in retroactively once we get it worked out.

Stealth will be 34: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Tharos fires a burst of magic missiles into the dragon's eye. It's not blinded, but it does look like it hurt.

[sblock]You forgot your bonus critical damage of 3d6.

Crit, 27 damage.[/sblock]

Erdric pops up and taunts the dragon as he employs his Dragonbane bow. The arrow lands in a sensitive place. "Yow! Man, that's a little low. But... (The dragon's speech will continue on his turn.)

[sblock]Hit, Weakened (save ends), 21 damage.[/sblock]

Starwinds unleashes a beam of eldritch light at the dragon, but the huge (technically large ;)) beast just ignores the radiance.

[sblock]The dragon is already within 10 squares, so you can shoot without losing initiative. Unless you actually meant 10 feet instead of 10 squares?

25 v Fort = Miss.[/sblock]

Torment brings out his crossbow and fires. However, the barbed bolt skitters off the dragon's hide. Seeing that even a fairly lucky shot still couldn't inflict damage, the tiefling returns the weapon to his belt.

[sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1757253/

Crossbow: 27 v AC = MISS.[/sblock]

The Shambling Mounds advance across the battlefield, reckless in their haste.

[sblock]They all Double Run. Granting CA.[/sblock]

The first Stormrage dashes around the grasses, moving along the clear channels.

[sblock]SR 1 Double moves. Shock aura is on.[/sblock]

The other Stormrage rushes foward and charges Narbel, but the tough dwarf bats the tendrils aside with his axe.

[sblock] Move.
Roll Lookup
Charge: 20 v AC, MISS.[/sblock]

kk1e2ax6.png

By victimen at 2008-10-05

[sblock=Status/Initiative]

29: Glib. -0HP. 5/6. Prone. Concealment. Stealth: 36.
? Delay

[sblock=Powers used]
[/sblock]

28: Narbel. -33 HP. 12/16.
*Double Move
[sblock=Powers used]
[/sblock]

26: Blue Dragon. -48 HP. Flying: Alt 10. Weakened (save ends)
*Breath weapon on Narbel, Starwinds, Torment
[sblock=Powers used]
Breath weapon, recharge 5,6
[/sblock]

24: Tharos. -0. 4/6. Water walking
*Magic Missile Dragon
[sblock=Powers used]Wall of Fire, D

[/sblock]

22: Erdric. -14 HP. 5/7. Concealed.
*Excruciating Shot Dragon
[sblock=Powers used]Elven Accuracy, E

Spray of Arrows, D.
Excruciating Shot, D.

Helm of Eagle, D
Dragonbane bow, D
2/2 Daily Item powers used[/sblock]

22: Starwinds. -14 HP. AP=1. 8/9 surges
*Dire Radiance Dragon
[sblock=Powers used]Dire Radiance, E

Bless, Daily.
Holy Symbol, D
1/2 daily item powers used.
[/sblock]

22: Torment. -21 HP. 9/11.
*Crossbow dragon
[sblock=Powers used]
[/sblock]

17: Stormrage 1
*Double Move
[sblock=Powers used]
[/sblock]
17: Stormrage 2
*Charge Narbel
[sblock=Powers used]
[/sblock]
17: Shambler 1 granting CA
17: Shambler 2 granting CA
17: Shambler 3 granting CA
*all double run

16: Reed. Fine. Concealed.
[sblock=Powers used]
[/sblock]

15: Xak. -0HP. 14/18 surges

[sblock=Powers used]
Hallowed Circle, D
[/sblock]

[sblock=Restrained]You grant combat advantage. You’re immobilized.
You can’t be forced to move by a pull, a push, or a
slide.
You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls.[/sblock]
[sblock=Prone]Grant CA against melee attacks
+2 defenses against ranged attacks from non adjacent creatures
lying on the ground
-2 penalty to attack
Flying creatures knocked prone safely descend a number of squares equal to their speed, and then crash if they haven't reached the ground
can't move normally, must crawl or stand up[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:bet this will make more sense]
Glib moves quickly, standing [move:stand] he rushes with blinding speed through the grass [standard>move:ne 6 e7] using his deft skills [at-will:shadow stride] to stay out of sight and dropping prone in the thick grass [minor: fall prone].
I was counting in my head 1 2 3 4 5 .... and then I wanted to move one more square (the7th square) e... :blush:

Sorry for the confusion.
And dropping prone is a minor phb 289. I'd actually thought that, but didn't have time to check and wanted to be conservative.

Thank you for the good roll :]

[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
[sblock=OOC:bet this will make more sense]
I was counting in my head 1 2 3 4 5 .... and then I wanted to move one more square (the7th square) e... :blush:

Sorry for the confusion.
And dropping prone is a minor phb 289. I'd actually thought that, but didn't have time to check and wanted to be conservative.

Thank you for the good roll :]

[/sblock]

Yeah, dropping prone is a minor, but you declared that you were starting prone. Hence a move action for standing back up.

And those 7 squares include 3 squares of difficult terrain and the extra cost for going into the water. You can't do them in a single move action (unless you use a shift power so you can ignore difficult terrain - but then you aren't using Shadow Stride).

Of all the nearby patches of grass, the only one you can't reach in a move is the one to the northeast.

Walking Dad

First Post
Reed curses these enemies especially this big blue lizard and the vegetable under it... as he attacks the plants mind before retreating.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Curse dragon and stormrage 2.
Standard: Eyebite vs stormrage 2 (1d20+14=20, 1d6+10=15, 2d6=9)
Move: to Q25, concealment.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Reed Rowan
Perception: 17 Insight: 22 Normal Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 21 Reflex 23 Will 25
Hit Points: 96 / 96 Bloodied: 48
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 24 Surges per day: 8 / 8

I slash out my used powers on the CS.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
OK. I wasn't saying I could stand up for free. That's why I had move: stand in the line. ;)
I wasn't processing the difficult terrain stuff properly. (obviously).

Glib will move 5n then, ignore the onrushing stormcage and try to hook e next round.[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
Okay, by cutting West and then back to avoid a square of difficult terrain you can get to F 15 (Eagle), so your current turn will start from there.

Graf

Explorer
Glib eyes the dragon flying high overhead... not yet... and I'm over extended

He deftly rolls through the mud, losing his fancy cloak, and makes a deft strike at the electrified plant. [standard > deft strike move 2 (1 s) AC40|26DAM]

He then bolts back toward the back line. [move (8-1=7) 2s sw s 3se to G23*]

[sblock=Movement]
I've interpreted the -1 movement as applying to each action, so my move 2 from deft strike is "speed 2" -1 leaves me with 1 movement on the mud.

*If I've gotten something wrong just stick me wherever you think I ought to be able to get to.[/sblock]

Remove ads