• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knights of the Old Republic - IC

Karl Green

First Post
Serrana said:
"Hmm... a memory wipe always leaves traces. You wouldn't mind if I took a look, right?" Serrana says. "Failing that, do you know where an access point to a system that does have accident logs and such is?"

LOBA-1 buzzes another string of binary and points towards one of the doors on hte northern wall of the basement (the one near b11 on the map) "Yes Mistress, there is a data access point near the north wall. It is restricted to autherized personal only."

Shalimar

First Post
Jade watches Serrana muck about with the access terminal, adding her own insights to the process.

OOC: Taking 10 on a computer use check for aid another check 10+10 = 20. It'll boost the Twi'leks roll result to 30.

Karl Green

First Post
Working quickly, the two Padawan’s are able to break through part of the computers security protocols.

(The computers initial attitude to you is Hostile, due to Security set up. The Computers Will Defense is 20 (a fairly secure and competent computer system). This means the computer is now Unfriendly. You can try and access information at a -5 to your Use Computer skill check to access information, depending on what you want it could be - General (DC15, 1 minute) or Specific (DC20, 10 minutes). Or you can spend another Full round to get its’ attitude to Indifferent. I think also if you want to access the information faster, I will let you with a minus to your roll, depending on how fast you want it)

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar said:
OOC: I'll take ten again on aid another to improve the computers attitude (10 + 10 =20)

OOC: And I think I'll take 10 to improve the computer's attitude, so 10+10+5 Fool's Luck + 2 Aid Another = 27 (if Serrana would know this wouldn't work, then I'll roll dice instead). If that succeeds, I think we want to take one more round improving its attitude before moving on to trying to retrieve information.

Karl Green

First Post
And after another 12 seconds of quick typing...

(The computer's attitude is now Indiffernt, so -2 to checks to get what you might want...oh I I mixed up one thing, that the computer must be at least Indifferent to grant you access to information. One more round and it is Friendly (+/- 0). No roll required as your Take 10 will easily overcome it's Defense. To gain information faster, the minus will depend on how fast, and I will not say how much ;))

drothgery

First Post
Karl Green said:
And after another 12 seconds of quick typing...

(The computer's attitude is now Indiffernt, so -2 to checks to get what you might want...oh I I mixed up one thing, that the computer must be at least Indifferent to grant you access to information. One more round and it is Friendly (+/- 0). No roll required as your Take 10 will easily overcome it's Defense. To gain information faster, the minus will depend on how fast, and I will not say how much ;))

OOC: So are you saying we set the DC, and you set the speed, or we set the speed and you set the DC?

In any case, let's take that last round and get the computer up to Helpful, and then try to quickly get some general information (map, stated purpose of the excavation project, public explanations of accidents -- she just wants to dump these in her datapad, not review them right now -- and anything else that Jade suggests might be less than completely secured). If we're setting DCs for this, we'll take a -10 (since a 27+the computer's Int bonus will still beat DC25); otherwise, let's see what they can get in two rounds after improving the computer to Helpful.

Karl Green

First Post
drothgery said:
OOC: So are you saying we set the DC, and you set the speed, or we set the speed and you set the DC?

In any case, let's take that last round and get the computer up to Helpful, and then try to quickly get some general information (map, stated purpose of the excavation project, public explanations of accidents -- she just wants to dump these in her datapad, not review them right now -- and anything else that Jade suggests might be less than completely secured). If we're setting DCs for this, we'll take a -10 (since a 27+the computer's Int bonus will still beat DC25); otherwise, let's see what they can get in two rounds after improving the computer to Helpful.

([Yep sorry, the computer is Friendly :( mixed that up. What I was saying for the DC is how specific Information are you looking for? The Penalty that I will give you is for how fast do you want to retrieve it. With a -10, it takes you about 1 minute to get a bit more map information, no public explanations about accidents - those misses are refered to only in 'internal worker force and schedule docs' and have assumed to be have been "eaten by the Claws" or falled down one of the "big shafts". A quick look at the maps, past the 'Restricted Areas' are natural caves, that fork around a bit more but all seem to lead down!)

drothgery

First Post
Helpful's the step beyond Friendly; I figured it would be useful to improve access that last step so that we can't possibly set off any alarms. Once she's picked up all the general info she's tried to get, it's time to start picking into specific stuff. If Serrana can determine the computer's Int modifier, she'll take a penalty of 6+the computer's Int modifier. She wants to know...
  • What's a Claw?
  • What's the objective of all this digging?
  • Who's really in charge here?

Remove ads