D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] Crisis in Bluffside PBP Campaign Guide

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall Quick Question:

Normal stats for Medium Creature's MW Tower Shield:

AC: +4
Armor Check: -9 (Normally -10, but shield is MW)
Weight: 45 lbs.
Spell Fail: 50% (Really, this is irrelevant for Tim)
Max Dex: +2
Attack Rolls: -2 (because of encumberance)

However...

Tim is a LARGE creature, 7'9" tall, with a 24 STR!
Thus, I was thinking to apply his STR bonus (+7) toward some of this stuff...What do you think?

AC: +4
Armor Check: -2 (Base -10, +1 MW, +7 STR)
Weight: 45 Lbs.
Spell Fail: 50%
Max Dex: +2
Attack Rolls: No Penalty (Base -2, +7 STR)

Does that seem fair & balanced to you?
So, basically, you're building Tim's Strength bonus into the shield.

You could treat it as a large shield since you're bigger than it. If you have appropriatly sized shield you should use the stats of that shield waits and all. If it is made for large creature, average human probably couldn't even use it. My 2c
Yes, that's what I was asking for, essentially; offsetting the armor check and attack penalty with STR score modifier would give it basically the same stats as a large shield.
It seems okay to me.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Knightfall, please see attached file for character. My introduction is forthcoming.
The languages have been modified per suggestion (I kept the Old Tongue unless you tell me that I can't. I'm cool either way.) I'll edit this space accordingly.

Attachments

• DnD_3.5_Falen Aust Thale (Bluffside Campaign).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 419
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Old Oakfirst Manor (Ground Floor)
Oakfirst Manor - Ground Floor.jpg

Original Map Design: Daniel James Hanley.
(Used With Permission)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
There is both a Main Library and a Magic Library on this floor. The Main Library's books deal primarily with history and warfare. The Magic Library doesn't have anything special in it (no spellbooks). You could find most of the tomes in it in the Teacher's Library as well.

Using the libraries give you a +2 circumstance bonus on skills checks related to history, warfare, or magic.

The Sanctum is the manor's solitary religious room. It is spartan but a useful retreat for divine solace.

FYI, the room you're meeting in with Lord Commander Oakfirst is the one labeled Horn Hall. :D

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Note that Matron's Spyhole was used by the lord commander's mother while she was still alive. After she passed away, he had it sealed off.

The Warded Stairway leads to Ayden's old magical workshop in the attic. Since the death of his cousin, no one has tried to dispel the wards. I won't be posting the map of the attic unless one of your PCs successfully dispels the wards and unseals the workshop.

Big Tim was given the room noted as "Oakfirst's Old Room." His father's bedchamber is at the other end of the corridor and is sealed. His mother and sister's rooms aren't sealed, but there are two guest rooms on this floor.

Last edited:

Remove ads