Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall Oh ok, those doors were hard to see, but I see 'em now. Related topic: Do you agree with my analysis that the narrow hallway is roughly 1.5 squares wide, as opposed to the normal hallway width of 2 squares? (See spoiler for picture)

Okay, I have this sense you're trying to convince me that the choke point is wide enough that Tim shouldn't have to squeeze through. For now, he's not in combat, so it doesn't really matter. However, if combat breaks out and he has to go back through the choke point, you will have to use the squeezing rules.

I looked them up specifically to try to figure out if he would have to or not using tactical movement, so I'm certain if the smaller area that Tim is occupying isn't as wide as the normal space (not the size of the token) he takes up during combat, he has to squeeze through. Remember that for combat purposes, the space a character takes up is defined as "the amount of floor space a creature requires to fight effectively" (PHB, p. 312).

Tim's not in combat right now, so don't worry about it if he doesn't have enough movement to get him to where you want to put him if there was combat. We'll only worry about it IF I call for an initiative roll. ;D

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Now that I have a clear idea of what's going on (I admit, I was a bit confused at first) I propose that everyone spread out into the narrow hallway (after having Tuck check for traps of course) and let Tim stay in the landing area, and open one of the doors (you guys can choose which one); that way, danger comes to the tank of the party, and not the squishies :)

@Knightfall Not trying to convince you of NO squeezing, just hoping for a reduced penalty :p lol

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
It says trait, but I assume we can spend a feat to get it? Tim might not be able to take it for awhile, because I have his feats planned for the next few levels. But I think that makes sense; it won't be because of growing up in tunnels, it will be because eventually, he will have adventured enough in tunnels to grow accustomed to them. :)

Remove ads