• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - OoC VII [Seeking a replacement!!!!]

Majin

First Post
Ok guys, it looks like we've been hit pretty hard by that database crash and half a years posts in both games and any character sheet updates you may have made since then. Shame on me for not keeping better records, but hopefully you guys did or can remember any important details that are missing. Never expected the servers to blow up on us.

Now this next bit of news may seem either good or bad, depending on how you look at it, or it may not come as any surprise, since I've been able to talk it over with a few of you already. After much debate and discussion I've decided to put Shackled City on permanent hiatus. The interest level in that game has never seemed to be that high for any of us compared to Lamentation, and with all the recent happenings of losing Verbatim and the server crash, I think it needs to be placed on life support for an indefinite amount of time.

This was an incredibly hard decision to make, as it is the first game I've ever had to "drop" so to speak. I feel it is best for the group as a whole. This way I hope to pick up the interest level in Lamentation, hoping that one less game with each other will help you focus on your relationships between each other without much blurring across games, and just focus more on your characters in general with less on your plate to worry about from me. Also, with the actual diving into the City of the Spider Queen adventure on the horizon, after the current adventure is complete, I think that's good enough reason to focus more on Lamentation as well.

Then there's me as well. After thinking about it, the reason my burnout may have occured is running too D&D campaigns side by side at the same time. I think I need to mix it up a bit and plan to run something much different for my next campaign, in order to keep things fresher in both. Again, I'd like to apologize for those of you who may have really enjoyed Shackled City, but if that is the case at all, then don't count SC out forever. I am more than willing to put your current characters on "auto" and we'll pick them up right where they left off or a few years in the future after doing work for the church on their own, letting Priestess Jenya become accustomed to her High Priestess role, etc. All this after Lamentation comes to a close. Yes that's quite far in the future, but I'll always have those games cataloged in the Exalted Deeds thread for when we need to go back to them.

I would like to think of this as not an ending, but a fresh start after this server crash. I'd like everyone to jump back into Lamentation with renewed vigor, myself included. I will wait to hear from all of you first on your feelings before posting in the IC thread.

Velmont, could you shoot me off an e-mail (timoan (AT) comcast (DOT) net) I'd like to ask you something.

Dhes

Explorer
Dhes takes his .45 and shoots Elyas. That clears that.
Putting the gun to Dunstand’s head, just give me the word and I’ll pull the trigger.
Verbatim the assassin taught me how to do that…. :cool:
Too bad Shackeld City is going on hiatus, but I think Lamentation will profit from it

Velmont

First Post
You miss it Dhes, it isn't you who killed Elyas, it is Leanthas who create a Vortex which engulf all teh game. He is now in his demi-plane, resting a bit and planning his next move. His eyes are on a swamps presently :]

Mimic

First Post
I can't say that I am not dissapointed but I can see the reasoning behind it and as fun as Althron was I am sure Broddy will be even more enjoyable to play.

Plus like you said its not like we can't start up again at a future date.

Dhes

Explorer
Don’t even go there; Elyas with all his fire spells could kick Leanthas @ss any time of the day. Plus Elyas was going insane and you can’t kill crazy people, everyone knows that. :p

Yes I went there bring it on B. :eek:

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Leanthas didn't attack Elyas directly... that's only good for second grade sorcerer like Elyas. You have to think bigger, to think twenty step ahead. Leanthas attack the most precious thing to Elyas: ENWorld forum. And look what happen. The Vortex broke a part of the history and Elyas is not doom to be forgotten and stay helpless in a thread that will never more advance. That's the way of Leanthas. :]

Remove ads