• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - OoC X

kirinke

First Post
Heh. Remember, since elves get a +2 to spot and listen checks, I would think that those two skills would be class skills for them logically speaking. And that would probably go for any race that gets a bonus to a particular skill.

I dunno, be up to the DM on that one, but I think that's how we did it before.

+4 DIPLOMANCY
+4 INTIMIDATE
+2 CONCENTRATION (2 + 1 belt of endurance enhancement = + 3)
+2 KNOWLEDGE RELIGION
+2 KNOWLEDGE PLANES
+5 HEAL (2 base + 3 wis bon)
+7 SPOT (2 base + 3 wis bon + 2 racial bon)
+7 LISTEN (2 base + 3 wis bon + 2 racial bon)
+4 RIDE (1 base + 3 str bonus)
+2 SURVIVAL
+3 SPEAK LANGUAGE

The original points I spent before I added in the extra factors are as follows:
+4 DIPLOMANCY
+4 INTIMIDATE
+2 CONCENTRATION
+2 KNOWLEDGE RELIGION
+2 KNOWLEDGE PLANES
+2 HEAL
+2 SPOT
+2 LISTEN
+1 RIDE
+2 SURVIVAL
+3 SPEAK LANGUAGE

So: 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 26 total.

Spreadsheets and the calculator are your friends.... ^_^
But only if you input the right numbers. Otherwise you're soo screwed. :heh: :p

Last edited:

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
Heh. Remember, since elves get a +2 to spot and listen checks, I would think that those two skills would be class skills for them logically speaking.

I will leave that aspect to Majin to rule on, as it is his call in the end, as to be honest I don't want to look like a number Nazi by taking this further and if he is content that is enough for me.

kirinke

First Post
No big. I was just going by logic on the spot/listen thing.... I mean if your character's race got an innate bonus from skill A or skill B.... It'd be silly to treat it as a cross-class skill.

But I do appreciate the help. I like keeping my character sheet honest and sensible.

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
No big. I was just going by logic on the spot/listen thing.... I mean if your character's race got an innate bonus from skill A or skill B.... It'd be silly to treat it as a cross-class skill.

*shrug* We will agree to disagree on this one, as while I see your point, I still think the system is good at giving a little perk, but not selling the farm on things.

Majin

First Post
Oh my, post explosion eh? Well I'll definitely go through everything in more detail tomorrow but I'm exhausted after my polygraph today, so I'm just popping on to answer Mimic's question, that you can assume to have the xp needed to be level 10. If you'd like to have items you've crafted yourself it is totally up to you if you'd like to use that xp, but of course be aware that it will drop you to level 9 or *gasp* lower, if you so choose... hehe.

Broddy certainly does have the book with him and his bond with it will be given more backstory as we move along. This is not a total revamp though of your characters, just an addition of extra levels to spend however you feel you would have originally. :) Any other questions feel free to ask. It is off to bed for me soon!

kirinke

First Post
Maj, we, well, rather I was wondering...

If a race has an innate bonus to a particular skill like elves with their +2 to listen and spot, wouldn't you consider those skills to be class skills as well?

Mimic

First Post
I have gotten Broddy up but I am still working on his spell list. Also I have taken the improved familiar feat, unfortunately a weasle bent on world domination just doesn't seem right for this character any more. So Majin if you want to send me a email at gdmarsh(AT)shaw(DOT)com we can hash out what is acceptable.

Wilphe

Adventurer
hippocrachus said:
That being said, I believe I have completed updating Calenthang. I encourage everyone to read over the sheet and tell me what you think of your improved, Evil companion :]

Damn, he know worships Shevarash
I was so looking foward to him being Laurent's spiritual mentor and having him explain the kindness of Mielikki...

Maybe that is what sent him over the edge...

Anyway,
right now I don't have any of my books to hand except the PHB and DMG. Could someone by so kind as to remind me of the Skills Requirements for Fochlucan lyrist, I know he will meet everything else with one level of druid, it is just a question of what else he takes to go with it. I think he will need one level of bard to the P/String Instruments and one level of druid to get other stuff. I'm toying with sticking some wizard levels in there if I can but that is probably not a good move with P/Spellcaster - Bard already taken and oneback up caster already in the party.

However right now I am looking at taking Lurue as a patron. I'm not sure if I should ask for variant druid from AU either (losing animal companion for fast movement I'm happy about, losing spontaneous summoning (even though his summonings will be rubbish) for rage I'm less sure about)

I think he will end up as the buffer, backup archer and social face for those rare occassions when we want to talk to people.

8th level stat boost to Wisdom
9th level feat will be practiced spellcaster (Druid)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads