• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legend of Cataya (OoC)

Jemal

Adventurer
Sir Jonas, 18 year old LG Human Paladin.

When Sir Jonas was a young man, he lived with his mother Alise, a very devout woman, and his father Jarm, a Merchant. They would travel all the time across the lands helping people and selling their wares, which often included very inexpensive potions and elixers brewed by Alise and sold at discount. On one such trip, when Jonas was 12, they were attacked by bandits. They fought them off, but his father was mortally wounded and dieing. Jonas rushed over to his father, trying to stem the flow of blood with his bare hands, when he felt some greater power flowing through him. Suddenly the wounds were closing, and seconds later his father opened his eyes.

After that, Jonas came to know his true path in life was that of a holy warrior - a paladin, helping the innocent, and when faith could not help to defend the weak and uphold justice with his sword, "honour".

While apprenticing as a squire to the order of heironeous a year later, he was introduced to Marela, a female Paladin who helped him with his studies and swordplay. They grew closer as they worked together and eventually realized that they were in love. Not wanting anything to get in the way of their duties, they vowed to each other that their love would last forever, but that their duties as paladins superceded their duties to each other.

Jonas' sword, 'Honour' was the result of Jonas' first quest as a Paladin. At the age of 17 he and Marela were sent on a quest to retrieve it. They managed to defeat a group of orcs lead by an Ogrillon follower of Hextor, who had stolen it from the order of Heironeous. Though greatly wounded they were able to return with it, and it was given to Jonas with the high preists blessing as a sign of his being accepted into the order. Honour is a Long sword covered with the symbols of Heironeous and is very well made.

On his last mission with his partner Marela, they were sent to defend a settlement against one of the recent Greenskin attacks. Though able (Barely) to fend off the Greenskins with the help of a few hardy mercenaries, Marela was poisoned and had to be returned to the main city. The preists there were unable to help her because the poison was somehow resistant to all their magics, and have been doing their best to take care of her while her body tries to fend off the insidious poison by itself.

Though desperately tempted to stay by his loves side, Jonas remains true to his vow and is at the kings

OK, Background over, now onto details:

Marella can be used as an NPC. She is a 21 year old Human lvl 2 Paladin who uses the Bastard Sword.

If I've got the math done right, I should be getting 30 Points...
25, +1 human, +1 Paladin, +1 Good, +1 background, +1 NPC(Marela). I'll start working Jonas up and post him as soon as I've got confirmation to that and one more question: How much starting cash do we get? I'ld like to have 'Honour' be a Masterwork Longsword, and if I don't have enough $$ then I'ld like to work out some compromise with you, b/c if it's not Masterwork then I can't get it magicked eventually... Unless you're willing to throw in a quest later for me to get it blessed and turned into a holy sword..

Q-Ball

First Post
Jemal, A few things.. Marella should be worked out more ... check out Robberts (With two b's ;) Staff-Sergeant for example ). Work out your Sir Jonas' father as well please. Then you get the one point for the extra npc's.

The starting money is 400. Because you entered the game a bit later then the rest you dont get the 100 that the king gas given for being a mercenaries (Besides a paladin who fights for cash is not really as honor bound as he should be right :) )

I'll make the sword Masterwork (For free) if you can expand your background and insert how you came to help the king with the big battle (Since its not by being a merc like most i guess) and how you survived the battlefield and helped with taking of the wounded before the roaming orcs wouldve killed them.

Good luck with building your char :) ...

Grtz Q

Jemal

Adventurer
Lady Marella: LG Human Paladin2
STR: 14 DEX: 12 CON: 10 INT: 10 WIS: 11 CHA: 14
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3
Attacks: MW B.Sword (+6/1d10+2 damage)
Feats: W.Focus(L.Sword), Exotic Prof(Bastard Sword)
Skills: Ride+6, Diplomacy+7, Heal+5
Lady Marella was born to a noble family, but soon left their lifestyle to pursue her true calling, as a holy warrior of Heironeous.

Jarm: NG Human Expert5
STR: 13 Dex: 10 Con: 8 Int: 14 Wis: 12 Cha: 15
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5
Attacks: MW Shortsword (+5/1d6+1 damage)
Feats: Skill Focus(Diplomacy), Iron Will, Skill Focus(Sense Motive)
Skills: Appraise+10, Diplomacy+13, Intuit Direction+9, Knowledge(Geography)+10, Listen+9, Profession(Merchant)+10, Sense Motive+12, Spot+9, Wilderness Lore+9
Jarm is the 37 year old father of Jonas, and has been a merchant all his life. His wife is Alise, and both are devout followers of Heironeous, though neither have heard his call like Jonas has, or felt his power flow through them.

I'll make the sword Masterwork (For free) if you can expand your background and insert how you came to help the king with the big battle (Since its not by being a merc like most i guess) and how you survived the battlefield and helped with taking of the wounded before the roaming orcs wouldve killed them.
Whoops.. I actually had that planned out, but I guess I cut it off (Check out the end of my last post, I forgot to write it all down so I'll put it in here.

Though desperately tempted to stay by his loves side, Jonas remains true to his vow and is at the kings front lines when the beasts attack in force. Fighting valiantly alongside the other heroic members of his order, they were nonetheless sorely pressed. If it were not for his intense love of Marella and his dedication to Justice and goodness, Jonas would have been unable to survive the day, but he fought more valiantly that day than any other in his life. Though sorely wounded and unable to fight late in the battle, he spent the remainder of his time there finding and caring for those too wounded to walk, carrying them to the temple and helping the priests as best he could.

As to posting my character... Is there a rogues gallery, too? Should I post him here AND there, or just here, or just there, or post him here and then wait for you to say he's ok, or what?
For now I'll finish him and post him here, and wait for your answer.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
K, here's the holy man.
Sir Jonas
LG Human Paladin 1

STR: 16 (10 Points)
DEX: 14 (6 Points)
CON: 10 (2 Points)
INT: 10 (2 Points)
WIS: 12 (4 Points)
CHA: 14 (6 Points)

HP: 10 AC: 19
Saves: FORT: +4 REF: +4 WILL: +3
Init: +2

Bab: 1
Attacks: +6, 1d8+3 (MW L.Sword 'Honour')

Skills(Total/Ranks): Ride(+5/4), Diplomacy(+6/4), Heal(+5/4)

Feats: W.Focus(L.Sword), Mounted Combat

Class Abilities:
Detect Evil at Will, Divine Grace, Lay On Hands (2 HP), Divine Health

Languages: Common

Equipment:
Chainmail (150)
Lg. Steel Shield (20)
MW L.Sword (15+MW free)
Light Warshorse (150)
Military Saddle (20)
45 GP

Q-Ball

First Post
The npc's are oke :)

Yes there is a character sheet. Its located Here

Just click it :) Post it there .. including the full background please :)

Grtz Q

Q-Ball

First Post
Jemal .. im sorry to say you have to wait till i introduce you. because your char saved some people from the battlefield you are not among the severly wounded. Ill introduce your character asap.

Grtz Q

Q-Ball

First Post
well have a happy holiday Em :)

Something else though ... are we still going on with the adventure or are we going to stalemate it ???

Grtz Q

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads