Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Goblins in The Woods

Firil's attack grievously injures G3 (25-18=7 hp), hacking into his neck, and the iron shrapnel from the goblin's collar damages G1 (25-12=13hp) and G2 (25-12=13hp) which causes them to move away from the source of their pain (but difficult terrain reduces the distance they are pushed), and G3 is prone and struggling to rise to his feet. Irinea moves up to attack the goblin pushed into the woods by Firil's assault (G1, 13hp ), but misses. Rydan whips his wand out and squeezes off an arcane dart of energy that lances into G2 for 8 more hp of damage (G2, 25-12-8=5hp), leaving him in bad shape.

PCs are up again, thanks to the goblins being slowed.

Attachments

• Goblins 3.xls
    9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
OOC: im happy to go with your description of the actions but to clarify, my axe attacks strictly could only affect G3 (for a total of 30 dmg). My Iron Wolf Charge merely pushes the other goblins away. But I loved your description! Happy to go either way with it. But didn't want to be pushing my luck by damaging more enemies than I'm allowed!

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil jumps at the advantage, continuing his howling and diving under Rydan's magic, swinging his axe wide and low...

[sblock=Action]Standard Action - Charge G2 (Aspect of Charging Ram prevent OAs)
[roll0]
[roll1][/sblock]

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
The flash of the magic temporarily distracts Firil, but he grits his teeth and twists his hips with extra effort and turns the axe blade into the goblin's stomach, further opening the wound made by Rydan's lance and felling the enemy.

He then pivots quickly and drops his axe casually down on the prone goblin behind him.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action - Heroic Effort +4 to Att vs G2 to create a hit
Free Action - Dual Weapon Attack vs G3[/sblock]

[roll0]
[roll1]

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
As he detaches the prone goblin's head with a sickening thud, Firil screams at the remaining goblin

Drop your weapon and you may just live!

OOC: Firil is at AD27

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Rydan was just about to blast the last goblin with another bolt of force, but hearing Firil's request for surrender he holds the spell. Should the Goblin fail to surrender he will let fly again. Seeing Firil's impressive work with the axe, Rydan makes a mental note not to make his companion angry. To Irinea he comments, "He's rather good with that axe isn't he?"

[sblock]Holding magic missile pending the goblin's possible surrender. Magic Missile hits automatically and does 2+Int in Rydan's case 4 damage. But, because this spell doesn't require an attack roll if you use an implement that has a bonus to the attack roll you instead get the bonus to damage in the this case his wand allow him to gain dex bonus as well as int bonus to the attack roll so that's another 2 points in damage. Clear as mud? 8 points isn't much, but not having to roll and being able to use it as a ranged at will makes it pretty spiffy.[/sblock]

Remove ads