OSR Let's make Shadowdark classes!

Ha! “Suspicious!” I love it! Exactly what I was thinking it needed to capture his wariness. The talents are good, too; how often does Howard describe him like a panther?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The bard class will be designed in another livestream in the next one to two weeks. The ranger and the dragonfly mini-dungeon will be released to backers this week.
Kelsey Dionne on Kickstarter said:
The bard class livestream is going to be particularly exciting; I have no idea what direction it will take. Keep an eye out for when we get that scheduled so I can get your input during the livestream!
Fingers crossed for a Charisma-driven class, as it's the only ability score without a class to call its own, I believe.

In response to a question on Kickstarter, Kelsey says it's likely the bard and ranger "likely won't see print for months."

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
The bard class will be designed in another livestream in the next one to two weeks. The ranger and the dragonfly mini-dungeon will be released to backers this week.

Fingers crossed for a Charisma-driven class, as it's the only ability score without a class to call its own, I believe.

In response to a question on Kickstarter, Kelsey says it's likely the bard and ranger "likely won't see print for months."

Well, Constitution. Everybody's 2nd favorite ability score.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Based off a blog post by Emmy Allen, the author of the very Shadowdark vibes The Stygian Library, which I cannot recommend highly enough. Note that her post is political, people who will not enjoy hardcore lefty politics stuff.

Chaos Warrior

Zealots in intimidating spiked armor adorned with the symbols of chaos, whirling engines of destruction on the battlefield, revolutionaries.

Weapons: Bastard sword, greataxe, longsword, mace, spear, warhammer

Armor: All armor and shields

Hit Points: 1d8 per level

Alignment: Chaotic

No fate but what we make. You can have up to two luck tokens at a time. You can also regain luck tokens in ways others cannot, including:
  • Kill, corrupt or otherwise defeat a Lawful opponent or authority figure (like a watchman, politician or priest)
  • Destroy or desecrate a site of Law, order, oppression or control (like a prison or church)
  • Weaken the grasp of an institution of Law (like a government agency, church or order of paladins)
  • Greatly shock and offend the Lawful with your behavior
In addition, after rolling to use a luck point, you can choose to either use the result of the original roll or the new result. You can also choose to use another luck point if you do not like either result.

No gods, no masters. You have advantage against paralysis. In addition, you are immune to attempts to read your mind and magical compulsions that that would modify your behavior against your will, including Charm Person, Command, Fear and Zone of Truth.

Chaos Warrior talents
2d6 : Effect

2: You physically mutate, e.g. changing gender, growing horns, becoming inhumanly beautiful or ugly, or sprouting claws
3-7: +1 to melee attacks
8-9: +2 to Strength or Constitution stat
10-11: +1 to AC
12: You can have an additional luck token at a time

Chaos Warrior titles
Level 1-2:
Soldier of Chaos
Level 3-4: Hellblade
Level 5-6: Chaos Knight
Level 7-8: Chaos Reaver
Level 9-10: Chaos Lord

Scribe

Legend
Based off a blog post by Emmy Allen, the author of the very Shadowdark vibes The Stygian Library, which I cannot recommend highly enough. Note that her post is political, people who will not enjoy hardcore lefty politics stuff.

Eh, just take it in the spirit of propaganda.

That said. I love it.

chaos-chosen-online-tzeentch-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads