• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LGBTQ characters in D&D

Herobizkit

Adventurer
While I can't speak for D&D as a whole, I currently have two such characters in our current 4e game.

Our NPC Elven Ranger is a closeted homosexual; presently, homosexuality is a crime in the kingdom where we are currently residing. However, he has fallen in love with...

Our PC Thri-Kreen Swordmage. While Thri-Kreen are more or less gender whatever-they-need-to-be, she presently identifies (and dresses) as female after originally identifying as male. She is also planning on finding a way to cast off her Thri-Kreen body and becoming a male Eladrin so as to be closer to her lifemate.

Both are being played by male players who are heterosexuals, if that matters.

Also, my character (Human Wellblade) is trying to change legislation in his neck of the kingdom to make both homosexuality and prostitution legal. In the case of the latter, prostitution will be protected (and taxable) by the government, and practitioners will have safe places to conduct business and have access to 'health care' on the government's dime.

We're some free-thinkin' players here. :3

Remove ads