D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

HammerMan

Legend
This is probably as different any 6E will ever be, or any future edition.
I want more options. I want the current bounded accuracy to go back to 4e style (it doesn't have to be half level 1/3 or 1/4 level still works and keeps numbers low, especially if we keep stat max at 20)
I want classes all redesigned from the ground up so we can have complex martial fighters and simple wizards.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I want more options. I want the current bounded accuracy to go back to 4e style (it doesn't have to be half level 1/3 or 1/4 level still works and keeps numbers low, especially if we keep stat max at 20)
I want classes all redesigned from the ground up so we can have complex martial fighters and simple wizards.
I want all those things too.

But we're never going to get that, and we have to accept it or roll our own. I'm doing the later.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm not sure why people are confused by the release strategy: this is part if a gift set for people who haven't bought Xanathar's, Tasha's, Volo's or Mordenkainen's: new players who maybe recently got the core gift set. Between the core set and this set, a new player would have almost all yhe crunch from 5E (except the most recent or least generic books). They aren't trying to "screw" completionists, they are trying to help people new to the game, who are more numerous at any rate.
I would be absolutely shocked if getting some completionists to buy more than they would have otherwise didn't enter into the thinking. (I think a lot of MtG folks would be similarly shocked about how some of the things over there work if that wasn't part of the goal). And I would be similarly surprised if new players were best served by a $129 special cover set than they would be by being able to pick the books up one at a time based on their interest.

Scribe

Legend
I know after a few 2e games my group avoided races with slower speeds, and in 3e just skipped them 9/10 times because we didn't want to be the reason to slow the group. Same with 'dumb human eyes' if everyone but 1 person has infravision that 1 person messes up the better sight of the others if they lit a torch, or they were blind...
Oof.

I hear you, I understand where you are coming from.

I still see this result as detrimental to the game.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
What makes you so special? Why do you deserve support? And why is making up your own stuff for your own game so gosh-darn difficult that you are desperate for Wizards of the Coast to do it for you?

Sorry, but I feel ZERO sympathy for you because you wish to play an old game and thus are expected to make the game your own. And do your own work. It is entirely your choice and no one else need feel bad for you for your choice. And it is no one else's responsibility to assist you in your choice. You want to play an old game... play the old game as you have it. Or if you need more stuff, make it up for yourself. But the rest of us aren't to feel bad for you just because you don't want to.
That's a bit over-the-top harsh. While I agree with you that WotC is going to publish material they think will sell the most books and there is no point getting upset about it if it isn't for you, I do agree with Erdic Dragin that it would be nice if WotC would open up DMs Guild to older editions. While I doubt they'll make much money from whatever cut they would get, they are not making anything just sitting on it.

Remove ads

Remove ads