D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

HammerMan

Legend
Honestly I can't speak for anything before 3e, so consider what I said relevant from 3e onward.
fair enough... sometimes I forget how old I am...
If that's true, then we have nothing to say to each other because we're way too far. I do not see any point in spending time in a game that plays itself.
I think you misunderstand here. I don't want the game to play itself. I want to play it with a role but for my in game character skill to factor more than my out of game skill. Some call it metagaming (though I may be dateing myself again) but I think that if I know how to do something perfect but my character would not, or MAY not I would rather defualt to random+skill (aka a D&D roll)

Remathilis

Legend
As a reverse count, what other official races are there that haven't seen an update to the new style?

All the PHB races, sans dragonborn
Ghostwise halfling
Lotusden halfling
Pallid elf
Draconblood Dragonborn
Ravenite Dragonborn
All subraces of tiefling
Leonin
Loxodon
Simic Hybrid
Vedalkin
Verdan
Warforged
Kalshatar
All dargonmarked variants from Eberron

That's a pretty small list i guess.

HammerMan

Legend
This product is giving me Palladium Book flashbacks.
I love the idea of Rifts... I have never enjoyed a game of rifts. I wonder if you could elaborate on what part you see similarity too?

Edit: and to clarify my first table top RPG was RIFTs, my second was the star wars D6 west end games ... it was only after both that I tried D&D and it was to run a 2e game for a group that included some of the same players I still know... before that I had LARPed and played Computer RPGs only

Li Shenron

Legend
I think you misunderstand here. I don't want the game to play itself. I want to play it with a role but for my in game character skill to factor more than my out of game skill. Some call it metagaming (though I may be dateing myself again) but I think that if I know how to do something perfect but my character would not, or MAY not I would rather defualt to random+skill (aka a D&D roll)
All right. I do not want the in-game character skills to count nothing, but I want the choices made by the players be more important for determining the outcome. I do not want to get a feeling that whatever I choose my PCs will take care of themselves.

I love the idea of Rifts... I have never enjoyed a game of rifts. I wonder if you could elaborate on what part you see similarity too?

Edit: and to clarify my first table top RPG was RIFTs, my second was the star wars D6 west end games ... it was only after both that I tried D&D and it was to run a 2e game for a group that included some of the same players I still know... before that I had LARPed and played Computer RPGs only
Palladium Books are/were noctorious about repackaging text and/or art in new products.

This book feels like a rehash of material we already have.

I understand the need when you could only have one additional book in the adventurer's guild, but I thought that no longer applied.

Parodoxically, I really liked D-bees of North America, but it had, what's the word , new material.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Palladium Books are/were noctorious about repackaging text and/or art in new products.
So true! :D

This book feels like a rehash of material we already have.
This is intentional, though. This book pretty much deprecates Volo's and Mordenkainen's as far as game mechanics go. Whether or not that makes things better.... Can still be debated.

Parodoxically, I really liked D-bees of North America, but it had, what's the word , new material.
Don't remember that one. But then, I wasn't a fan of Rifts and the Palladium system drove me nuts.

seems odd to me that all 2nd level rogue can increase there movement by x1.5 (since can now double dash) but it is somehow not within the physical capabilities of the race...
We really need the differentiation between combat maneuver speed (30ft for most races +/- 5ft) and walking/running speed.

A rogue can maneuver better during combat, but they can't outrun everyone else over a longer period of time.

Remove ads

Remove ads