• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Loki Season 2 Discussion - Spoilers

Excuse me sirs, this is a Loki thread...

Anyway, that was a great start to season 2.
Seems like the show runner leaving after the first season hasn't effected the quality.

I loved the hover car crashing through the window at the beginning of the episode. The show does a great job of balancing the humour with the horror of what's going on. Hiddleston (like the vast majority of Marvel casting) is still perfect in the role.

Ke Huy Quan was a great addition to the cast as well.

Okay, I enjoyed it, but with the caveat that I loved the first series right until the final episode completely sucked and resolved nothing. So I am worried that this season will do the same. Disney has to stop treating these series like filler between movies and give us seasons that work in their own right, or I am gonna cancel my sub, and I suspect I won't be alone.

Give me stories, not endless prequels.
Odd. I felt like the end of season 1 was phenomenal. This whole time, Loki has been looking to understand his place in the universe, to regain some sense of agency, but when he finally gets the chance, he realizes that what matters to him more is staying with Sylvie. He, like, finally cares about someone else!

Even with Thor, him swooping in to save the day in Ragnarok felt a bit more of him not wanting to be alone, and wanting to be seen as a hero. It's unclear if he would have done anything if not for the adoring crowds. And him trying to stab Thanos to me smacked of desperation, of preferring to die fighting with his brother than being a minion again. He wasn't really sacrificing anything, because he had no chance to win anyway.

But with Sylvie, the dude finally grew some empathy, finally recognized in her the deep wounds he has himself, and he decided he wasn't going to inflict any hurt on her.

I hope the show sticks the landing.

pukunui

Legend
Odd. I felt like the end of season 1 was phenomenal. This whole time, Loki has been looking to understand his place in the universe, to regain some sense of agency, but when he finally gets the chance, he realizes that what matters to him more is staying with Sylvie. He, like, finally cares about someone else!

Even with Thor, him swooping in to save the day in Ragnarok felt a bit more of him not wanting to be alone, and wanting to be seen as a hero. It's unclear if he would have done anything if not for the adoring crowds. And him trying to stab Thanos to me smacked of desperation, of preferring to die fighting with his brother than being a minion again. He wasn't really sacrificing anything, because he had no chance to win anyway.

But with Sylvie, the dude finally grew some empathy, finally recognized in her the deep wounds he has himself, and he decided he wasn't going to inflict any hurt on her.

I hope the show sticks the landing.
The irony of course being that Sylvie is a variant of himself. So he found someone else to care about who happens to be a different version of him. So he’s still a bit of a narcissist. LOL.

The irony of course being that Sylvie is a variant of himself. So he found someone else to care about who happens to be a different version of him. So he’s still a bit of a narcissist. LOL.

She is A Loki because she is filling the same role in the timeline, and she is adopted, but we have never been told who her biological parents were. So she could have easily come from one of the other Realms and not be a Frost Giant and not be genetically almost the same as the show's Loki.

pukunui

Legend
She is A Loki because she is filling the same role in the timeline, and she is adopted, but we have never been told who her biological parents were. So she could have easily come from one of the other Realms and not be a Frost Giant and not be genetically almost the same as the show's Loki.
This is true. Perhaps we will find out this season.

I assumed Sylvie was just exactly the same as normal Loki, but at one point was playing with some Valkyrie toys and thought, "Hm, they're neat. I'm going to be a girl and be a hero like them," and that was enough for the TVA to try to off her.

I assumed Sylvie was just exactly the same as normal Loki, but at one point was playing with some Valkyrie toys and thought, "Hm, they're neat. I'm going to be a girl and be a hero like them," and that was enough for the TVA to try to off her.

Do you remember the scene from season one where Mobius is showing images of different variant Loki's? Most looked way different than the normal Loki. One even looked like a Hulk-Loki. And of course, there is Alligator Loki, so it is entirely possible Sylvie-Loki is different in more ways than just being female. Besides, Marvel would not have them fall in love if they were basically genetically the same, despite the weird and questionable stuff that has been done in the comic books.

And also from season one, it was stated that Sylvie was grabbed by the TVA purely for being born female. It just took until whatever age she was before she deviated enough to cause a branching, maybe playing with the toys made her want to be a hero and not go down the normal Loki path.

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, I'm hoping we'll learn more about Sylvie this season.

Interesting that she ended up at a McDonald's. I assume Disney had to pay Macca's some kind of royalty to be able to use their old-timey trade dress and such.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, I'm hoping we'll learn more about Sylvie this season.

Interesting that she ended up at a McDonald's. I assume Disney had to pay Macca's some kind of royalty to be able to use their old-timey trade dress and such.
Maybe they were paid for product placement. Might not be too hard to persuade McDs to go for it - "You wouldn't want a repeat of that time Tony Stark went to Burger King for his Real American Burger, would you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads