• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Loki Season 2 Discussion - Spoilers

pukunui

Legend
I don't think it's a binary choice. I would just have preferred the character be recognisable.
He's recognizable to me. But then I'm not familiar with the comics Loki - just the MCU Loki and the North mythology Loki. I also happen to like this Loki, and I'm eager to see how his journey unfolds. I am also looking forward to seeing him use his magic more this season.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
He's recognizable to me. But then I'm not familiar with the comics Loki - just the MCU Loki and the North mythology Loki. I also happen to like this Loki, and I'm eager to see how his journey unfolds. I am also looking forward to seeing him use his magic more this season.
I'm not familiar with the comics version either.

I look forward to enjoying the show. In my head, that's just some guy played (awesome) by Tom Hiddleston in a cool sci-fi show.

Stalker0

Legend
I don't think it's a binary choice. I would just have preferred the character be recognisable.
to me the issue is not that Loki performs different actions now, it’s how those actions come out.

As was noted, his actions are now more “slap stick”, more “comedic” more “buddy cop”.

The idea that this Loki isn’t trying to conquer is fine, I think there were clear character defining things in season 1 to get him away from that. But it also made him “goofy” in the process, which I think is the issue

to me the issue is not that Loki performs different actions now, it’s how those actions come out.

As was noted, his actions are now more “slap stick”, more “comedic” more “buddy cop”.

The idea that this Loki isn’t trying to conquer is fine, I think there were clear character defining things in season 1 to get him away from that. But it also made him “goofy” in the process, which I think is the issue
I dunno. I thought he was mostly goofy in his MCU appearances (maybe not in Dark World, but i don't remember that one as much). To be fair though, a lot of the goofiness was because how seriously he took himself, and how that bounced off the more Earthly characters.

MarkB

Legend
In the first series the writers had to make the most of a bad hand. Loki had received significant character growth over the years, especially by the end of Thor Ragnarok, so that was the character most viewers would want to continue following. But the Loki that was available was the half-insane megolamaniac from the end of Avengers. So they basically had to fast-track his character growth, which certainly didn't feel as organic.

I don't think the result is unrecognisable, but he's still not quite the Loki he was when he sacrificed himself at the start of Infinity War.

Remove ads