• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Loki Season 2 Discussion - Spoilers

pukunui

Legend
In the first series the writers had to make the most of a bad hand. Loki had received significant character growth over the years, especially by the end of Thor Ragnarok, so that was the character most viewers would want to continue following. But the Loki that was available was the half-insane megolamaniac from the end of Avengers. So they basically had to fast-track his character growth, which certainly didn't feel as organic.

I don't think the result is unrecognisable, but he's still not quite the Loki he was when he sacrificed himself at the start of Infinity War.
Which is fine because this is a different Loki on a different life path. He would be on a branching timeline if he’d not been captured by the TVA.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I wonder if that was foreshadowing something? It sets the standard that the subjective time between when you've travelled and have done something, is the objective time, for those who remain, before the thing gains traction in 'current' reality. How much time you have to fix something, before it's done and dusted?

EDIT - Also, Mobius will apparently be visiting OB in the past, at some point. Maybe more than once, based on remembering it differently?

While I really like OB and the scene was awesome, it does violate the established MCU rules of time travel creating branching timelines. Avengers: Endgame created no ripples in the future, but Loki not only has memories being created in the past, it means past OB and current OB are the same person not variants.
Of course it could be a localised phenomena unique to the TVA and/or OB, so we'll have to watch to see how it pans out. I do like the Loki version of Time Travel better

also who is this panicking guy scared of Kang coming? I agree with Morrus, thats certainly not Loki, who would be scheming some kind of angle for himself (even a heroic one)

Clint_L

Hero
Okay, I enjoyed it, but with the caveat that I loved the first series right until the final episode completely sucked and resolved nothing. So I am worried that this season will do the same. Disney has to stop treating these series like filler between movies and give us seasons that work in their own right, or I am gonna cancel my sub, and I suspect I won't be alone.

Give me stories, not endless prequels.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Okay, I enjoyed it, but with the caveat that I loved the first series right until the final episode completely sucked and resolved nothing. So I am worried that this season will do the same. Disney has to stop treating these series like filler between movies and give us seasons that work in their own right, or I am gonna cancel my sub, and I suspect I won't be alone.

Give me stories, not endless prequels.
Same issue with their SW shows.....this is a problem for sure.

Clint_L

Hero
Andor is a prequel to a prequel, so by this definition, you should hate it like you hate everything else.
Andor isn’t written like a prequel. It’s not a bunch of Easter eggs or intended as a stepping stone to the next movie. It’s a character driven exploration of what drives a person to be a rebel…or a totalitarian.

It’s kind of what Star Wars 1-3 tried to be, but done well.

These Marvel shows are all written like filler for the next event movie. Except now even those movies are written like filler for the next mega event movie.

Andor isn’t written like a prequel. It’s not a bunch of Easter eggs or intended as a stepping stone to the next movie. It’s a character driven exploration of what drives a person to be a rebel…or a totalitarian.

Then you probably will not like season 2 as much, as it will go from 12 episodes covering a single year/story to covering 4 years of time and moving quickly up to the events of Rogue One. That means much more Empire and Rebel stuff that is already established, rather than the lore-building done in season one, making it feel much more like just a prequel show teasing the movies. I wonder how many of the other characters, besides K-2SO, will show up as he puts together the team to go and steal the Deathstar plans?

pukunui

Legend
Then you probably will not like season 2 as much, as it will go from 12 episodes covering a single year/story to covering 4 years of time and moving quickly up to the events of Rogue One. That means much more Empire and Rebel stuff that is already established, rather than the lore-building done in season one, making it feel much more like just a prequel show teasing the movies. I wonder how many of the other characters, besides K-2SO, will show up as he puts together the team to go and steal the Deathstar plans?
I think K-2SO will be the main movie character who shows up. I don't think we'll see Jyn, Chirrut, Baze, or Bodhi. Maybe some of the other "spies, saboteurs, and assassins" like Melshi.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I think K-2SO will be the main movie character who shows up. I don't think we'll see Jyn, Chirrut, Baze, or Bodhi. Maybe some of the other "spies, saboteurs, and assassins" like Melshi.
We already saw Melshi in season one, so he may well show up again in season two.

I heard (though I cannot recall where, so maybe I imagined it) that we might see Bodhi (and maybe even Galen) toward the end of Andor.

Remove ads