Loki! (spoiler thread)

Isn't Hailee Steinfeld supposed to be taking over as Hawkeye in the upcoming Disney+ show?

Yes, but in the comics, she has her own code name, that I can't remember right now, as a member of the Young Avengers. And with the MCU, we won't know if they will go with that or promote her to Hawkeye when Jeremy Renner is done playing the part.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yes, but in the comics, she has her own code name, that I can't remember right now, as a member of the Young Avengers. And with the MCU, we won't know if they will go with that or promote her to Hawkeye when Jeremy Renner is done playing the part.
Kate Bishop is Hawkeye in the comics and was semi-officially dubbed that by Captain America himself when he bestowed Bartons bow upon her.

In her first outing with the Young Avengers she gets nicknamed “Hawkingbird” because in addition to the bow she also uses double batons and wears a mask like Mockingbird.
She’s also been teasingly referred to as Hawkette especially when working alongside Clint Barton

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Kate Bishop is Hawkeye in the comics and was semi-officially dubbed that by Captain America himself when he bestowed Bartons bow upon her.

In her first outing with the Young Avengers she gets nicknamed “Hawkingbird” because in addition to the bow she also uses double batons and wears a mask like Mockingbird.
She’s also been teasingly referred to as Hawkette especially when working alongside Clint Barton
I prefer when Clint gets called Hawkguy, personally

Just watched the first episode, "Glorious Purpose". I loved it! I think I'm going to like this show even more than I liked WandaVision.
I loved all the little nods to quotes from Loki, I love The '70s office look with their geometric patterns, brown and orange hues and dated-looking devices. The fact that there's a TVA Narrative commission is just icing on the cake lol. We also have another candidate for D.B. Cooper (actual history for those not in the know: D.B. Cooper as depicted hijacked a plane, got two hundred thousand dollars in ransom money, and parachuted off the plane, with only a few stray burned bills ever found. )

The casualness of the infinity stones "yeah some even use them as paper weights" and the sad panda face Loki makes when he realizes that they don't care about them at all.

also Tara Strong's voice: :love:

*I'm gonna have to keep check on context regarding "TVA" due to Tennessee Valley Authority lol

MarkB

Legend
Those "timeline reset charges" are clearly the McGuffin of the series. They very carefully didn't actually show us what happens when one goes off, but it's instructive that Mobius makes sure the kid in the church gets clear before one detonates.

I wonder what will happen if Mobius finds out the TVA ARE the bad guys and his organisation is being set up to allow Kang the Conqeror to take over?
is this speculation, because there wasn't anything in the episode that I can recall that pointed to that. In fact Mobius said they were hunting another loki. If it's related to comics put it in spoilers so that folks who have idea about the comics won't be spoiled.

hopeless

Adventurer
is this speculation, because there wasn't anything in the episode that I can recall that pointed to that. In fact Mobius said they were hunting another loki. If it's related to comics put it in spoilers so that folks who have idea about the comics won't be spoiled.
Good god no I'm only speculating from what I've heard about.
I have no idea where they're going with this, I'm just hoping it will be good.

Remove ads