• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Looking for a New Group for Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, maybe others (Portland, OR)

hawaiianbrian

First Post
I'm in a group at the moment and they're great people, but the commute is starting to get to me and I just want some fresh faces. Also, they don't like Savage Worlds. :(

I usually GM, and would be happy to do that again.

Like most gamers, "I like what I like" so here's what I'm looking for:

• Compatible play styles. I prefer adventurous, cinematic games where the GM isn't afraid to let people do some real swashbuckling stuff. When I run d20, I cut out things like attacks of opportunity in order to speed things up and encourage more creative actions instead of feeling trapped and afraid to move/cast a spell/swing on a rope. I fall between "simulationist" and "narrativist" on the GNS scale. I like roleplaying, but not LARPing -- I don't mind talking in character every so often, but am not looking for live theatre. I don't mind using minis, but prefer if some combats can be done with description alone.

• Compatible players. I am a college English teacher and have a family, and prefer gamers who are also professionals.

Also, I'd prefer no smokers, no heavy drinking, no political browbeating (I'm liberal, but don't care if you're not as long as I don't have to endure political discussions), gaming at a table (instead of on couches or something), and a group of about 4 - 6 folks including GM.

• Games! I have my gripes with d20 (the steep power curve, the locked-down and predetermined classes, the Vancian magic system) but still play it. I like Pathfinder and still like d20 Modern. I have certain house rules, so if I ran it, I'd want to use at least some of them. I also really like Savage Worlds, d6, and other more "lite" rules sets. I'm also interested in Green Ronin's Dragon Age, and in Mutants & Masterminds 3e.

I like fantasy (high or low), cyberpunk, cross-genre, pirates, and horror. Mixing is fine. I'd prefer to use a publishd game system instead of someone's homebrew.

• Location. I live in outer SE and would prefer a game in SE Portland or outer areas (Wilsonville, Happy Valley, Oregon City, etc.). I'd also --for now-- need to meet somewhere other than my house (toddler, and all that).

• Times. I can only meet Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday nights from about 6 pm onward.

If anyone has any ongoing games that you feel meet the criteria, and have space for another, please give me a holler.

Remove ads