• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost in Space

Rhun

First Post
Blackrat said:
The security team gets to the other end of the command module where you see the secondary computer center. The captain looks at Victor and nods. "Try to find out what has happened and where we are. If mr. Molina was right we might be near our destination. You're much better with computers than I am."

"I'm on it, sir," says Victor, taking a seat at the security computer. His hands fly across the console, as he begins searching for some explanation of what has happend, where they are, and for a way to regain control of the ship's systems.

Kaodi

Hero
Dr. Xavier raises a finger to his lips, signalling his aides to be quiet, but continues walking. Whispering, he says, " Dr. Herbert, please follow me. The rest of you continue on to the medical facility and begin the preparations. Be careful, I do not want to lose any of you. " Then he focuses in on the sound of the footsteps and begins the pursuit, Dr. Herbert in tow.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
[sblock=Rhun]Victor pulls up a flight log. He notices that the first nine months have no anomalies. Then the clock just stopped. After that there is just thousands perhaps millions of "no anomalies" entries with the same time stamp on them. You decide that it would probably be more usefull to start from the end. So you finally find the first entry with something different.

-Impact detected. Sector 5 hull breach. Damage to internal systems. Cryo-units 8001-10000 not responding. Parameters of waking condition alpha 3. Initiate melting process of Alpha units. Command corrupted.
-Initiate melting process of Alpha units. Command corrupted.

It continues like that for a few pages. Because the timestamps don't change you can't say for sure how long it was in real time but you'd guess about a day or so.

-Initiate melting process of Alpha units...
-Automated melting of cryo-units 1 through 50 complete by the parameters of waking condition alpha 3.[/sblock]
[Sblock=Kaodi]You start following the noice with Dr. Herbert but lose it after a few minutes. It seems like it might have been in the infirmary and ran after hearing your approach.[/sblock]
[sblock=Voda Vosa & Steve Gorak]You reach the engineering section and start running diagnostic of the flight. Ze pulls up the engine data and immediatily notices that something has gone horribly wrong. The leftmost engine had shut down prematurely. Safetymeasures should have shut the rightmost and given a short burst with middle left engines to correct and keep right course but it hadn't. Depending on when this happened and how long have you been travelling you might be lightyears off course.

Ruben checks the reactors which are running at 100% capacity. No problems there.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Returning to the infirmary with Dr. Herbert by his side, Dr. Xavier exclaims loudly to his team, " I want everything to be checked for tampering, immediately. Leave nothing to chance. "

After that he activates the comm and says, " Dr. Xavier to Captain Smithson. We have a situation up here. "

Rhun

First Post
"Son of a bitch," swears Victor, looking up at the Captain with a grim look on his face. "It looks like we've taken a hit, sir. We have a hull breech in Sector 5, and some 2000 cryo-units not responding. There are anomolies and corruption in the command systems. We're damn lucky that we were successfully revived."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Voda Vosa said:
"All working hermoso here, reactors at 100%, how are you doing there Ze?"

Ze mumbles to himself, as he's going throigh the engine data "Merda, o que é isso?".
After a few minutes: "Something's gone horribly wrong. The leftmost shut down prematurely, and I have no idea where we are. We need to report this to the captain!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The mechanic delay his response, taking time to understand what Ze said "La puta madre!" shouts Ruben, slapping his forehead. "How did that happened? Wha... then.... Where the hell are we? floating in the middle of nowhere!" he says desperately. "Captain! Captain! Do you here me? Vamos! Captain! We have the worst news!" Ruben says by the comm.

Blackrat

Both Dr. Xavier and Ruben hail the intercom almost simultaniously. The captain was just listening to Victor's report. "Damn. What is going on." He opens the intercom. "You first Molina. What's wrong?"

Blackrat

While the captain speaks with Ruben, Dr Niemi curses in a hard sharp language and calls for Xavier. "Sir. We might have other issues too. Nothing seems to have been tampered with but whoever you chased seems to have raided us. We are missing a lot of drugs and eguipment."

Remove ads