LOST - Wednesday 10/05/05 9:00 PM EDT

fett527

First Post
Aryoche said:
No problem. I just finished watching all of Season I last weekend, and caught last nights episode... needless to say, I'm hooked. Lots of ideas and theories, and quite a bit is starting to add up.

Speaking of which, I have a question that I'm not sure if it was covered, but I'm not sure how to do the spoilers, so I dont give anything away.

What happens to the members of Dharma who left the hatch??? Could they be the "others"? Typing in the sequence every 108 minutes would seriously mess with someone, since they'd be lucky if they ever acheived REM state of sleep... it could quite drive someone mad. The whole idea of Skinner's Box seems almost too easy, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that we have the Middle section survivors, the Tail section survivors, the "Others", and something -else-. And that's not counting the Dharma Initiative.

Hmmm...guess I figured it out! Thank you "preview button"!!!!!

Well, what you posted is simply speculation and not what I would call a spoiler. A spoiler would be revealing facts about future episodes or characters that have been leaked or published. Don't worry about speculatin'. ;)

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Isn't the 'Jin Speaking English' just Daniel Day Kim talking about Season
2 in that preview thing that was aired sometime this summer? I instantly
recognised it as such.

How the hell do you make the things green in that Dharma link? I've gotten
two green, but I have no idea how I did it. Is it just a random thing?

fett527

First Post
coyote6 said:
It says "Invalid IP" -- I wonder if it's reading the viewer's IP address and deciding we aren't allowed based on that?

I further wonder if you could spoof an IP address, of, say, some combination of 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, and get access that way . . .

After further research I believe without a doubt that the www.dharmaindustries.com site is not official and simply a "fan" site. I had posted this before. It is simply a flash image and is not actually scanning IPs.

Evidence:

It is named Dharma Industries which is not how it is refered to in the show

The site does not have the link to the Disney disclaimer

The site is owned by someone in Sweden according to WHOIS lookup.

The flash image has been dissected and shown to do nothing more than what it currently shows.

Could be shown differently later, but for now it's off my radar.

coyote6

Adventurer
Let's see:

* The Hanso Life-Extension Project

Okay, Hanso was clearly older (as was Locke's dad) and rich, possibly really likely to be interested in living longer (repairing kidneys, fixing spine injuries, etc.)

* The Hanso Foundation Electromagnetic Research Initiative

The mechanical black smoke grabby monster -- some kind cloud of particles, controlled & shaped by EM fields, effectively forming some kind "arm"?

Also capable of drawing airplanes vastly off-course, and maybe even ripping them apart?

- The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

Maybe a red herring, or maybe the source of the other high tech stuff.

* The Hanso Mathematical Forecasting Initiative

Ooh, shades of Hari Seldon's psychohistory, from Asimov's Foundation books. A branch of mathematics used for forecasting the actions of masses of people.

* The Hanso Cryogenics Development Imperative

If you're old & rich in 1980, and the life extension research you're funding isn't bearing fruit, you might just want to freeze yourself to be thawed out later.

* The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute

AKA "let's breed us some psychics". Hello, Walt. Maybe others, too.

* The Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility

Again, we say hello to Walt. Maybe Shannon and Jack, too? They've both seen strange figures. ISTR it seemed like Locke saw something out in the jungle, too.

Hmm. Maybe there's a remote viewer stuck somewhere on (in) the island (possibly cyrogenically frozen?), that can project to others -- but his or her projection take on forms drawn from the recipient's mind. Thus, Jack, having just been transporting the body of his father, sees his dad; Shannon, worried about losing the dog she promised the kid she'd watch over, sees Walt; Locke sees something that confirms his faith.

Yeah, the passengers are all part of the experiments. Multiple experiments.

Or, they're all red herrings. :)

coyote6

Adventurer
fett527 said:
After further research I believe without a doubt that the www.dharmaindustries.com site is not official and simply a "fan" site. I had posted this before. It is simply a flash image and is not actually scanning IPs.

Evidence:

It is named Dharma Industries which is not how it is refered to in the show

Good point -- it was the Dharma Initiative, and the link on the Hanso FOundation site is so titled.

OTOH, maybe they're just really messing with people, and posting their own fake websites. ;)

Aryoche

Explorer
fett527 said:
Well, what you posted is simply speculation and not what I would call a spoiler. A spoiler would be revealing facts about future episodes or characters that have been leaked or published. Don't worry about speculatin'. ;)

So I'm guessing that I didn't miss the answer to the question then? Did they say or imply what happens to them? Also, didn't they say how long they were supposed to be there? 540 days? which if you gather an average of 30 days per month...comes out to 18 months... or 1.5 years. And it didnt look like 18 months of food there...

Just_Hal

First Post
Pants said:
Jin has managed to learn some rudimentary English, is it that hard to believe that he might know the plane's number in English too?

Definitely a step up from last week's nosedive. Looks like the 'others' really are from the tail section.

This episode kinda sorta explains the fricken' laser sharks from the previous episode. Genetic manipulation/screwing with was one of the parts of the Dharma project no?

I think the tail section people are not the others and there are two grps of ppl on the island. I heard that it may not be Jack's dad but Locke's. I think this is one of the best shows on TV and even the side episode was a great look into what is going on, I am very happy with all of this season so far.

WizarDru

Adventurer
A couple of thoughts that are bouncing around in my brain:

1) The Swan's watchmen were pretty damn well-armed. If it was a hoax, a Spinner cage, why would you give them heavy artillery? Associated thought: The Survivors are now packing a sizable variety of hardware. Presumably Hansoo provided it.

2) Rousseau set-up the transmission years ago at the location of a facility that the Others had taken over. Why haven't they stopped the transmission in all that time? Is the facility in question the main facility that Dharma used on the island, before the incident?

Taelorn76

First Post
There could actually be 3 or more groups depending on how you look at it.
1. The survivors from the Fuselage
2. The Others(Native to the island)
3. The Others(Tail section survivors)

These are a possible depending on your view
4. Desmond and Calvin(hatch people)
5. The French research group (Rousseau being the only one left)

Remove ads