• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The mountain princess sighs almost inaudibly as the orb does its work. She smiles toothily at the concierge as she replies to his question, "My name alone will suffice; it seems I am known to many here already." She pauses for a moment, a slightly vacant look crossing her handsome features. {{Shall I have you introduced as well, Ancestor?}}
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]If Hafísbíta would like to be introduced, Kalinn goes on to say, "You may announce that I am accompanied by my honored ancestor Mynhear."[/sblock]
AC: 28 (15 Touch, 25 Flat-Footed)
HP: 164/164
CMB: +15 CMD: 30
Fort: +11 Reflex: +07 Will: +09

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 23 Flat-Footed)
HP: 160/160
CMB: +17 CMD: 30
Fort: +14 Reflex: +07 Will: +11

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 23 Flat-Footed)
HP: 195/195
CMB: +16 CMD: 29
Fort: +13 Reflex: +06 Will: +10

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 25 Flat-Footed)
HP: 164/164
CMB: +14 CMD: 28
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +09

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +2

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 18/18)
Special: Spirit Totem (+10/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Boon: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 03/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 01/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 01/01)

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 7/7 per Day)
( 3rd Level: 4/4 per Day )
Cantrips : Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Haunted Fey Aspect, Jolt, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Icicle Dagger, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy, Scorching Ray
3rd Level: Fly, Haste, Versatile Weapon
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
The Irthian ambassador returns the man's smile with one full of his usual good humor. "Just my name, brother. I am, as you say, a servant of the light. I claim no titles for myself."
[/section]
AC: 18 (18 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +10 CMD: 27 (+12/29 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08), Jaunt Boots (03/03), Unity (01/01)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spiritual Ally, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
When Orlando's expectation of a processional is voiced, a buxom waitress sets him straight. "No Darling, this is a party where you go to them. Those paladins don't come out, except to hand out invitations to bring people in to them. Why their ancestors did a noble thing once, long ago, and they expect us to treat them like royalty forever. Ouch!" as she gets swatted on the behind with the softer end of a broom. With a glare at the older woman, the younger one stops giving her opinion and moves on to another table.

With Sylvain's mention of using a carriage like the others, Orlando decides it would be a good idea as well. This event is all about arriving and presenting oneself in style, and the carriage seems most appropriate. Daylily ponders and doesn't like the idea of riding rolling wood when he knows his feet are working good. But, Elder's feet are not so good, so he pays to let Elder ride the rolling wood while Daylily runs beside the carriage out to the gatehouse.

Leaving Borric behind, who is opting to walk instead, the coach carries the three down the road to the gatehouse. While the line is getting a bit longer now, it is moving rather quickly. Most people are paying attention and have their invitations in hand when they reach the front of the line. Being reasonably dressed humans, Orlando and Sylvain make it through quickly. The only remarkable part of the process is when the concierge made a comment of "how nice it is to have a member of the Red Hand joining us this time."

By this time that Orlando and Sylvain have made it through the front of the line, Borric has arrived at the back of the line.

But, then comes Daylily and Relic. The concierge frowns and stares directly at Relic. "In your invitations, we had specified expectations. The musk of a proud barbarian is not something our other patrons would desire to endure during the many hour ceremony. Since you have not introduced him to a bar of soap, it appears we must." One of the party planners that was standing out of the way, raises and arm and points at Daylily. With but a single word, a jet of water springs out of his hand and expands into a nine foot sphere of churning water where Daylily was standing. But, Daylily deftly sidesteps the incoming blast. Another of the planners throws a cloth bag, missing Daylily and hitting the ball of water. The water starts getting white, and then frothy with bubbles of soap.

Upset that the sphere missed, the concierge quickly barks out an order to try and salvage the situation. "Daylily Falshenaya, go into the water or go home!" The fifteen guards standing around ready their weapons and tense up, waiting to see what the barbarian will do.

[sblock=Possible Combat] If your name is in gold, you have possible actions to take. If it is greyed out, then you have already acted in this round. Chaos initiative. Actions are in order of posting unless specifically delayed to be dependent on others.
Daylily
Relic
Sylvain
Orlando
Borric,
200' off map but could rush up

Concierge orange halo
Caster Cyan halo
Soap Tosser at F-1

Daylily made both reflex saves, so isn't engulfed or harmed by the sphere of churning water with soap in it.[/sblock][sblock=map]
gatehouse1.png
[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Hafísbíta is still "officially" asleep. Being in hiding, he is does not want to be announced. Kalinn and Bren are well past the gatehouse now, but could return if they heard a bellowing Daylily making a commotion. :lol:[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion nods, and says "Thank you kind sir. Now then,"

He writes down for his introduction "Anaerion of Tritower, with companion and friend Malkovian."

Seeing him write it down Malkovian says "Oh comon, you know I'm the more influential of the two of us. I should at least be 'of Venza.'"

Smiling at his friends sense of humor, Anaerion adds Malkovian's request and hands it back over to the guard. Once waived on he waits until the other two clear the line before walking over to the church with the 3 of them.

On his way over to the church, he flags down a wondering paladin and asks him "Kind sir, do you have an idea as to where the restrooms are? I want to make water before I sit though this ceremony."

"Oh, and do that right."

Anaerion sighs.

[sblock=OOC]
That refers to Anaerion casting his 3 hr/level spells (False Life/Mage Armor/Overland Flight).

False Life Spell:
1d10+9=19. Wow. I should use that spell more often.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 + 4 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch ) HP: 65 Current: 65 + 19
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +8
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep

Spells in Effect:
Detect Scrying: 20 hours remain
Mage Armor: 9 hours
False Life: 9 Hours (19)
Overland Flight: 9 hours

School Focus:
Shift: 20' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (9/9 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 13 Rounds
Fast Study: Can Memorize Open Slots in 1 minute instead of 15 minutes
Dimensional Steps: 270/270 feet per day. Must be used in 5' increments
Ring Of Counter spells: Contains Enervation

Malkovian: Happy for now.
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Gallant Inspiration: 1/1 Immediate Action, +2d4 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Borrow Skill: 3/3 Standard Action, borrowing skill ranks (Normally Knowledge Skills)
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian/ Anaerion
Cure Light Wounds: 3/3 Standard Action. 1d8+5.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 2: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 3: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared (* denotes School Spell):
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor *, Comprehend Languages, Grease (DC 18), Disguise Self, Feather Fall, Ray of Enfeeblement (2 Slots)
Level 2: Stone Call *, False Life (2 slots), Invisibility, Mirror Image,See Invisibility,Create Pit (DC 19)
Level 3: Aqueous Orb (DC 20) *, Haste, Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil, Resist Energy: Communal
Level 4: Black Tentacles *, Persistent Glitterdust (DC 18 Save Twice), Telekinetic Charge, Detect Scrying
Level 5: Wall of Stone *, Persistent Slow (DC 19 Save Twice), Overland Flight
Arcane Bond: Available
Pearl of Power level 1: 2/2
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra's mood did not improve at all. In fact, Bren got the discint impression that Aradra was regretting coming to this. While a bunch of muttering was going on in the carriage ride over, the most distinct thing said was "I hate social events..."

Aradra's mood brightened a lot when Shadow was treated like a dog. He had to try really hard when the wolf raised his paw up, and when the man asks Aradra for how he would be introduced Aradra decided to use his original title for the first time in years.

"Scout First Class Aradra Longstrider, Recon Corp of Rorn, retired. Shadow, wolf of Rorn, his friend and companion."

Looking for a tree for Shadow to relieve himself on, Aradra seems to be taking in the sights.

[sblock=SK]
Can Aradra here the commotion? If he is not that far behind Bren I figured I'd double check.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 105/105
CMB: +13 CMD: 29
Fort: +9 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
Perception: +19
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing Yet
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3)

Used Items:

Adaptation: 110/110 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)

Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+3), Wind Wall
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang
Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 10/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 101/101
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (31 vs Trip)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +16
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+12/5 1d8 + 16 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (De-activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury is surprised when the coordinators mention his membership in the Red Hand Society. It has been some time since he's run into any of the other founding members with the exception of Zitteaux. He masks his surprise at his known history by smiling and nodding.

"Thank you." Fury motions towards his invitation. "And I make no claim to titles or special treatment. Announce me simply as Orlando Furioso of Venza, please."

He walks on with Sylvain (though he is tempted to stop and test himself with the orb just so he can get a good look at it) fully intending to stop and wait for Borric once on the other side when Daylily and Relic behind him cause something of a commotion amongst the guards. The old man has in the past seemed to have a rapport with the savage elf that keeps him somewhat tolerable so Fury pauses but makes no action to interfere.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric doesn't stop at the back of the line and starts moving forward. His companions somehow managed to pass him in a carriage, but he hurries forward since they are probably saving a place for him in line up ahead.

"What the hell has the elf done now, I wonder."

[sblock=OOC]I don't think Borric would not have stayed in the back of the line and just kept going if he saw the carriage pass him. Move him maximum distance (120ft) to reach the head of the line.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 105 Current: 105
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield (LH), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Borric starts rushing up to the already tense commotion at the front. "Hey, get back here! You ain't got wings or a tail. Get back here an' wait your turn!" shouts one of the other attendees. "The stinking elf is getting the bath he deserves!" shouts another.

Having just gone through a couple minutes before, but moving at a leisurely pace, Aradra and Kalinn hear Daylily's name called out. The tone of voice is stern and foreshadows possible misfortune, for the speaker that is, if the pair know their friend at all.

[sblock=Possible Combat ~ Still round 0]
If your name is in gold, you have possible actions to take. If it is greyed out, then you have already acted in this round. Chaos initiative. Actions are in order of posting unless specifically delayed to be dependent on others.
117/117 AC 19 ~ Daylily
..83/83. AC 18 ~ Relic
..82/82. AC 17 ~ Sylvain
..99/99. AC 24 ~ Orlando
105/105 AC 30 ~Borric, 80' off map, moved up
~ ~ ~ Inside near the cathedral ~ ~ ~
..65/65. AC 17 ~ Anaerion ~ MA/FL/OFl/9hr
74/74. AC 18 ~ Elenka
..82/82. AC 18 ~ Arianna ~ MA/8hr
~ ~ ~ Just inside the shield wall ~ ~ ~
164/164 AC 28 ~ Kalinn ~ 45' inside gate, could return Perception: 1D20+13 = [9]+13 = 22 Heard Daylily's name called by an upset voice
..74/74. AC 18 ~ Breninyr ~ 45' inside gate, could return, Perception: 1D20+15 = [2]+15 = 17 someone is grumpy
105/105 AC 26 ~ Aradra ~ 40' inside the gate, could return, Perception: 1D20+19 = [8]+19 = 27 Heard Daylily's name called by an upset voice
101/101 AC 22 ~ Shadow ~ 40' inside gate, could return

Concierge orange halo
Caster Cyan halo
Soap Tosser at F-1

Daylily made both reflex saves, so wasn't engulfed or harmed by the sphere of churning water with soap in it.

OOC: Systole's vacation is putting a kink in my timing, but he should be back tomorrow. I don't want to steamroll him through this, since it has so many possibilities for him.
OOC: Borric's stat block should be 105 for max HP, not 103 I think.
OOC: Orlando can go back to the pedestal if he desires. He is at D10 and hasn't touched the gate wall yet.
[/sblock][sblock=same map]
gatehouse1.png
[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain sees the ruckus happening, and moves to the concierge.

"You'd catch more flies with honey, you know. I'd apologize for trying to scrub someone without asking, if I were you. Those adventurer types can be quite prickly."

DM [sblock]I can't see the map at all on my iPad. I'll check it on my PC at work tomorrow and see if it works for me there. Just an FYI.[/sblock]

Sylvain stat block: [sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)

Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9
AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 82/82
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +10
Perception: +2
Hexes: Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution--none used today.
Spells Per Day
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize
1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web
3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport
^means spell is used for the day.

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads