[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric shrugs, "Well the god of rubble doesn't say much, Syl. So drinking and whoring must be all right by him. Nor did he say sheet about the gate, so I guess we are making this decision ourselves."

"Before we drag the sage along or leave him here, I have a few questions for him."

"Aquos, should we face any of these moving piles of rocks, are you capable of helping out at all? Can you defend yourself?"
the brash fighter asks, thinking that certain answers will dictate the situation for them.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 94 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos steps back under the pointed questioning and his ears twitch. Zelena is briefly reminded of a rabbit's ears as the tiefling scholar replies. "Ah, I am not prepared to go through that gate. I am afraid I would be more of a hindrance than an aid though I have complete faith that you will make it back, the more so if you aren't saddled with protecting me when beyond the gate. If fate conspires differently and I am left here alone and you are unable to return then I would make my way down the mountain as best as I am able and would throw myself upon the mercy of these three ladies that you have spoken of with such eloquent description." He smiles with false certainly obviously trying to present a competent demeanor.

Gerald007

First Post
"Aquos, we have been able to protect people before, you know, trusting the sage recalled their initial meeting. I'd be happy to try that again, if you feel like it. But, if you want to wait on us, that's fine, too. We can leave you some of our rations, so you could make it here a bit longer before having to make that trek by yourself."

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 9
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 74 of 74
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Yes, yes," says Aquos nodding his head enthusiastically at Sylvain's claim at being able to protect the scholar. "I have no doubt that you have every capability to keep me safe. But I prefer to stay here with what books I have carried with me over traveling through into the unknowns of this gate. I appreciate your reassurances and the offer of your victuals but I shall wait here until such time passes that I determine you will not be returning." Aquos scratches his head and hastily adds, "But I don't doubt that you will return posthaste and in safety."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric kicks an inert peddle from his rock breaking endeavors. For the past few days that is all the action he has seen.

He grumbles, "Ha, why the fook we worried about his safety right here? Nothin has happened since we arrived and I have been bored practically to tears over it. Aquos, we will back before you know it."

"Alright, Syl and Zelena. Let's open the damn thing up and see what we will see."
He glances up at the ceiling hoping he is not the least bit prophetic in the roof coming down on them. Given his lack of skill at divination, he doesn't hold much faith in his ability to foretell the future.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield

Songdragon

Explorer
"Very well Aqous." The gnome says to the teifling, "Sorry to have dragged you all this way and it would seem there was little you could do. I will leave you with some extra rations, just in case."

Zelena looks again at the impatient warrior, "I do not believe that another night will kill you. I would rather be fully rested and prepared, knowing that something unpleasant is likely to be greeting us."

If allowed to rest Zelena will do so, spending much of the day out on the ledge in the open air. Provided nothing occurs overnight, she rests and regains spells for the next day.

The next morning she makes sure that all is moves aside and that Aqous is settled. Just prior to activating the gate, Zelena will cast a protection spell upon herself, "Should we run into anything we will have some protection to start off with."

"Alright then, shall we begin..." and as the Borric and Syl gather around, Zelena will set the key into place.

Cast Magic Circle of Protection from Evil on herself.

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Protection rom evil (80 minutes)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, grace, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Magic Cirle of Protection from evil, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena persuades the others to delay for just another day so that she can be at full strength when tackling the gate. Aquos is despondent the entire evening before their attempt at the gate only half-heartedly performing the camp tasks that he had previously taken on to make himself useful. He is obviously hurt that he wasn't able to provide much benefit for the group. He joins Borric, Sylvain, and Zelena in the gate room the next day though he stays in one corner pressed up against the wall.

When Zelena drops the bronze disk into the indentation in the center of the pattern it sputters with golden light before steadying. The light travels the path laid out by the spiral set into the floor flashing with near blinding brilliance as it passes each indentation and leaving an expanding curtain of golden light behind. When the curtain of light reaches the outer circle it races around the entirety of the pattern forming a perfect circle of light that bathes everyone in the room with a golden glow. Aquos mutters prayers to his deity in the corner and the last you hear of him is his gasp when the light circle flares leaving spots in your eyes.

As the spots fade from your vision you see that you have arrived in some dark reflection of the world of your birth. The sky is a swirling gray that hinders vision lorded over by a black sun that sucks in light. You stand upon a broken spire that rises miles above the surface of the world which is only revealed in tantalizing glimpses as a covering mist briefly parts and closes again. The floor you stand upon is finished in the same pattern as that in Khuldun but here it is shattered as if by some great force. The keep in this world corresponding to Khuldun is also shattered and broken rooms and a torus of rubble slowly orbit the platform.

Sylvain, standing at the edge of the gate pattern, feels the heel of his boot slide off the edge as the floor crumbles beneath his weight. He catches his balance and in so doing glances over the edge and locks eyes with a great beast of a black dragon. It takes a moment for him to realize the dragon is frozen, or petrified, or carved in obsidion and no threat.

Slumped near the empty keyhole is a dwarven figure wreathed in mist that emanates chill air. Its hands are cupped around a sputtering black energy rapidly fading to nothingness. This black energy flashes at each indentation of the gate pattern much like it did in light in Khuldun and reminds you all of the dark energy that enveloped and animated the earth elementals that you destroyed.

GM: Combat Round One: Fort save DC 15 or dazzled for 1 minute. Everyone is up.

[sblock=Combat/OOC]
Initiative: Party (17.666), Monsters (15)

Map:

Monsters:
Dwarven undead: AC 18/14/14 85/85 hp

Characters:
Borric 94/94
Sylvain 74/74
Zelena 66/66 [Magic Circle Against Evil; 80/80 min.]

Conditions:
Dim light: concealment (20% miss chance)[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Between the dragon almost making him lose his mind, and th flashing lights, Syl was completely unprepared to shield his eyes, and the lingering lights clouded his vision somewhat.

He collects himself, and goes back to one of his favorite combat tricks, enhancing his warrior friend. "Make your own luck, big guy! Take care of our light work will you,"
the witch jokes as he uses his hex.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4110990/

OOC: Im posting from my iPad, so I have trouble cutting and pasting from invisiblecastle. If the link doesn't work, I only rolled a one, so I failed the save. Standard-Fortune hex, Move-none, Free-talk.

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 9
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 74 of 74
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric was not an idiot, at least not when it came to tactical decisions that were smart. Despite his grumbling, he grudgingly agreed to take one more night so the little spell caster could recover her spells. He nodded agreement and had his shield on his arm and right hand free to draw whatever weapon he would need. "Yeah, let's do this."

The view on the other side of the gate was certainly not what he expected. But at least the mountain had not fallen in on them. His eyes narrow at the undead figure in front of them and he grumbles, "Fookin' undead creatures. Here's hoping mageslayer will work on it."

He steps closer to the misty dwarf and quickly draws the shock flail. In a fluid motion he twirls the head down and back, whipping it up and around with tremendous momentum to try and bash the thing. The bluish energy around the spiked head crackles as it lands on target.

[sblock=Actions]Since we were underground the entire time, i assume that Borric has always been using his Ioun Torch to be able to see.
Fort Save (1d20+10=27)
5ft Step to E5, quick draw shock flail
Full Attack: 1st Attack (PA) (conceal miss 1-20) (1d20+16=20, 1d8+16+1d6=24, 1d100=30) & 1st Attack (PA w/ Fortune) (conceal miss 1-20) (1d20+11=22, 1d8+16+1d6=29, 1d100=21) = 53 total unless something else is going on
Fortune Hex no needed but used.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena watches as Borric is quick to react to the undead threat before the group. She realizes that the limited light will have an affect on the two humans she is with and quickly grabs up her ioun torch and tosses into the area, creating light in the area. Shen then steps out from behind Borric...

[sblock=Actions]Fort Save 1d20+8=24 (Saved vs Daze)
Grab ioun torch, toss in the air about her head. (We have light!)
5-foot step to D-6
(not sure if I have an action left, and what it might be?)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Protection rom evil (80 minutes)
AC: 25 (15 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, grace, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Magic Cirle of Protection from evil, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Remove ads