[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

The journey was boring and Borric's mood became grumpy as his plans for a return trip were not so easily accomplished and the sage was getting on his nerves. At least three times he almost decided to just brain the tiefling with the key to prove a point. It was a welcome sight when they arrived at Gist and parted company with Aquos.

Borric is weary from travel and is in sore need of a hot bath, wine, and women. He is not very particular in the order he gets those things either. Looking down at the dwarf from his horse, he figures the best bet would be wine unless Rodgeir the Red is a pimp.

"Oy there, Roddy. Right now I am looking for a hot bath, good wine, and buxom babe to help me relax after our travels. Ya don't look like no fookin' wine merchant and I don't go hiring dwarves off the street for hot baths."

"So what sort of whores you looking to pawn off on me? I am not wanting any of the short and stocky ones, mind you."

He looks at Rodgeir shrewdly. While the brash fighter has his own priorities, Borric is content to be an arse and begin the negotiations off by taking the offensive in topic as well as style.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Rodgeir guffaws loudly and slaps his thick-fingered hand on his thigh.

"Well, now. I'd be an ugly bar wench for sure and I ain't up for scrubbing your backside. As for the other, I'm sure you can manage that just fine on your own unless word's got out about your little pickle."

He grins to show he doesn't mean insult by it, or not much anyway, and hops back up onto his perch on the crate. In the process Rodgeir's dirk has reappeared in his hand and he puts on a show of unconcern as he goes back to cleaning non-existent grime from beneath his fingernails. The fluidity of the movement reminds Borric of his old friend Orlando but the unconcern is a calculated and false display; Rodgeir clearly wants something and while his act might fool a common man Borric's sense of these things isn't so easily fooled.

"I can see you're a man with needs to take care of so take a night to relax. By Caridin's crumbling skull, take two or three. It is no matter to me but my master will be wanting to discuss an item in your possession sooner or later. Whenever you're ready come to the inn some call the Dobber, others the Wasp. Or send a message and we'll meet anywhere you like."

. . . Rodgeir the Red . . .

Gerald007

First Post
"What would your Master be wanting with this lot," Syl inquires of the dwarf. "As far as I can figure most of the people we've dealt with either don't want to see us again, or we've managed to, well, kill. Who is this Master? He's not a lizard man is he? I reckon there's still one or two of them out there that want our hides."

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21)^, Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Rodgeir quirks a brow at the witch and looks on Waltor with an interested eye though he doesn't ask.

"Greybeard, a revered dwarven holy man, holds my loyalty, not some scaly-back muck-lover. He is mightily interested in a dwarven relic he believes you have in your possession. Now, it rightfully belongs to the dwarves but you'll find Greybeard is a fair man and willing to negotiate a fee for its recovery. More than that I'm not willing to say out on the street where every son of a goat can hear."

. . . Rodgeir the Red . . .

[sblock=OOC]I figure this is as good way to give you your TBG as any. You'll get it whether you sell the Khuldun key to the dwarves or not but this leaves the possibilities for later adventure a little more open.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to Syl and Borric not overly impressed that someone has come to them in an unsolicited way knowing that the group has key from Khuldun's gate. "Thank you, we will consider your master's offer."

Once the dwarf is gone and the party in more 'private' setting she asks, "Only a select few know where we have been and what we have. I am concerned there are already those clamoring for what we discovered. Someone we know needs to be kept locked away at that."

She considers and then with a look at both of her companions, "On our return trip I have thought of home often enough and I think it is is time for me to make that trip once we get out of these swamps. It is merely a suggestion, but if you would like I could take the key and hide it away in my homeland. I will contact you both personally with it's location, should you choose to use it in the future. That way it stays somewhere that we know is safe. Consider it, let me know what you think."

With that the gnome says, "I think I need a nice long soak in a hot bath!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric was sorely tempted by the offer, he has nothing against selling useless things for money. But he says nothing about the key until they have privacy, not admitting to anything with Rodgeir being around. He takes into consideration the gnome's future intentions.

After cleaning up and meeting in a private booth of the tavern for dinner, he brings up the subject, "Well, I can appreciate that you want to go home, lass. I do not have a place to call that myself."

"But, I am of a more daring mind than just hiding the item away. I think it will be just as safe in the bottom of my haversack once people think we have simply melted it down."

"I had some time to think about it, and I would like to take another crack at going through. However, it is not something we are properly equipped to take care of any time soon. I think I would need to become a griffin rider or dragon knight first. That or find a magic carpet to carry enough heroes to deal with those undead and outsider creatures."

"Since I already told the sage that I was considering it, perhaps just declining the meeting with the dwarves because we had the bronze key melted down will be enough. A simple lie and easily backed if we can secretly buy something else in bronze and have it melted down at where the dwarven spies will learn about it."

[sblock=OOC]Part of me wants to keep the key in case Borric does mount an expedition as part of a co-DMing model down the road. But it is your intellectual property, GE. If you want the key reserved for any future games you DM I can have Borric play along.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 94 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I am getting bored, slow downs on other sites have me sitting with free time on my hands. GE, how do you feel about having Fury wander in and we turn over the GM hat. I can leave Borric in an NPC status (applying earned DMC to him instead of actual XP/Treasure) for continuity IC. Within 1-2 days I can have a 1 shot encounter ready to go to take place on the way back to Venza. If Songdragon wants to stick around and we can maintain decent pace we should be wrapped up in time to be ready for SK's big game in late September.

GlassEye

Adventurer
With the key hidden away at the bottom of Borric's pack and the ruse carried out the three can hit Gist's markets to purchase things for themselves. Over a few days of wheeling and dealing with the savvy, river cities merchants they notice that they are being watched by an occasional, solitary dwarf. It is no one that Borric, Sylvain, or Zelena recognizes and the individual changes each time they notice. If confronted the dwarf claims to not know what they are talking about. After two days the dwarven presence in Gist seems to disappear.

GM: Ok, This one's finished then. All the numbers are updated in the first post and you all have a nice pile of gold to spend. Gist's markets are particularly robust at this time and each of you can improve OR purchase one item without having to make an availability roll or worry about commissioning time (up to the value your character has available to spend). Items beyond that one follow purchase/commission rules as normal.

[sblock=OOC]I think the option for a co-DM adventure down the road would still be possible whether Borric sells the key or holds on to it. I'm fine with Borric keeping the key. So we go with the key stowed in Borric's pack and move on from here. And as I said earlier, I hold no claim over the realm beyond the spire so if you/we/another DM entirely wants to DM something there I'm fine with it.

I would love to bring in Orlando and let you take over (I almost put Orlando in the DWI this morning but I had other posts I wanted to make first) though I was considering soliciting some advice for some minor retooling of feats before hitting SK's adventure in September. Did you want to close out this thread and start your own? Probably better for tracking purposes...[/sblock]

Remove ads