[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos is easily cajoled deeper into the fortress though he continues to wax pedantic about the doors. "Yes, yes, of course I shall, Master Borric, since you and Master Sylvain insist! The reliefs show scenes of what one presumes is dwarven life at the time. Proper study would have to be made, of course, which could take a lifetime to fully understand the significance of the scenes. I find particularly interesting the curling tendrils at the edge of the central scene..."

The arrival at the site of the gate shuts off the flow of words from the tiefling as he gazes at the patterns inlaid in the floor. Zelena sees no indication that anyone has been here since they were last here and the room seems safe. Aquos paces around the room studying the pattern and muttering to himself.

"Regular markings, much like a scale on a map... A spiral dotted with indentations... The stone is different there and each indentation has a unique pattern surrounding it... Almost as if something could be set into it."

He hurries to the edge of the room and unceremoniously dumps the contents of his pack onto the floor. Gear and supplies for the pursuit of scholarly activities spills out everywhere and Aquos scoops up an empty journal and a narrow charcoal writing stick. He begins furiously making notes, snatches up a book flipping through it until he finds something of interest then goes back to scribbling. After long moments he scrambles through his stuff until he finds some sort of measuring device then begins taking measurements of each small section. He mutters to himself and looks like he could be quite a while before he finishes his examination.

Eventually he looks up at Borric, Sylvain, and Zelena. "My dear Zelena. Your theory of a programmable gate is intriguing. I'm not sure how such a thing would be accomplished but the possibility that you are correct exists. I have no certain evidence to uphold such a hypothesis, alas. If I were to speculate, I would say that differing artifacts could be placed in the indentations. Did you, perhaps, find bowls or crystals or some such in your investigation of the fortress? And you still have the bronze key that you found? When the time comes I would like to stand back and make observations of the effect of using the key."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric stands off to the side, assuming a role of watchful guard during all this. He might be struck be inspiration occasionally, but normally in these situations. Arcane mysteries are... too mysterious for him to really understand. More than likely, things are going to be quiet until they decide to open the gate and then he will be ready to bash heads if necessary.

"There is no indication that we would have trouble returning if we go through, is there?"

He is less concerned about where the gate might lead compared to the prospect of never returning once they pass through.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 94 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
DM [sblock]I'll try to get Syl leveled tomorrow, DM. Sorry for the delay.[/sblock]

Syl looks at the others. "As crazy as tings got here last time, with the rocky guardians, I don't remember if we found any items that might fit in the circle. I did find this," as he shows the bronze griffon, "but I suspect that isn't what you were speaking about. Since I don't remember any bowls any bowls or crystals, we could go looking through this place again. Unless, Waltor, do you remember any of those items? You always remember things better than me...I get distracted easily."

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Amongst the treasures you found a disc of bronze that looked like it would have fit perfectly within an indentation in the center of the circle. It was reasoned that that was the key to activating the gate. Other than that you found nothing that would fit the description by Aquos.

Gerald, no problem with the leveling; just whenever you get the chance.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos hems and haws at Borric's question and looks a little uncomfortable. "Ah, well, as far as I know there is no reason to indicate that you couldn't return whenever you wished. Most gates I've studied when the travelers travel the key goes with them. There is no reason to believe otherwise. None that my admittedly limited research would suggest, that is." He frowns at the uncertainty of his answer.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances at Syl and his little bug, and guffaws, "Har, har, Ha, ha!"

"Ain't that the truth, mate. I swear, that pointy eared lass in that brothel sure proved that. You were sooooo distracted."

"She said, 'Hey honey, look at this.' And I swear you were drooling with eyes popping out like a virgin youth seeing teets for the first time. You completely missed that you gave her triple the gold coins for that bottle of wine. Ha, ha."

Calming down some, the brash fighter forces himself to become more serious, "Of course, considering her beauty, I completely understand. Not sure if she was a half-orc or a what, but her looks could stop a horse drawn carriage like that." He snaps his fingers.

Initiative:
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to Aquos and then to the others, "You do not sound sure about that."

After a few moments of thought, "Is there anyway to tell where the gate will take you? And do take your time with your answer, we can set up a camp and get some rest while you study. I did not come and expect you to learn everything immediately. I may even ask for divine answers myself. I am not sure how the gods feel about these gates."

The gnome moves her things off to one side out of the way of Aqous and his research and rolls out a bedroll and some of her simple belongings. She seems to be preparing for the long haul.

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Syl is leveled!

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 9
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 74 of 74
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19), Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos turns pink at Borric's ribald comments and quickly turns his attention to Zelena. "No, I am not sure about anything." He looks around helplessly and motions to his pack. "The selections I brought with me may be of some use but access to a full library would be much better. Even then the answers we are looking for might not exist. I will gladly accept more time to study the pattern and delve into my books for references but..." Aquos clears his throat and tugs at his collar. "Though it pains me to say this, research may not be the answer here. Experimentation or, as you have already suggested, petitioning greater powers may be a more sure path to enlightenment."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances at Zelena and is beginning to fleetingly wish he had made arrangements to bring along a woman or two from the brothel. But, such camp followers would only have been in danger and gotten in the way during important business.

Not terribly pious, the gruff warrior asks the question, "If these gates open pathways into any of the nine hells, I am sure some would enjoy as many mortals to use them as possible. The other side probably would advise against their worshipers from doing something so rash."

"For myself, the Lady doth not speaketh to me. Probably because she knows damned well I would do the opposite of what she wanted if I got stubborn enough."

Borric shrugs believing that most women are the same whether they are deities or mortals.

Initiative:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases