• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ausk spends one hour and learns nothing.

Garnet spends four hours and learns nothing about the names mentioned in the note.

Heinrich learns nothing about Narissa after 1 hour.

GM: Scott, you need to roll the dice, Skill check and 1d4 hours for Gathering Information. I rolled the dice for Heinrich and Garnet.

Are you all scattering every which way? Hard to make Aid Another actions that way. ;)

Take note, the DM cannot trigger encounters/events when you separate, either.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will continue to try to ask around throughout the morning, not really expecting much, but after his lack of contribution in battle, he feels he has to try.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari watches as the others make their plans and head out to try and figure out what's going on. What have I done to deserve such friends? Plainly they're not involved in whatever scheme has entangled me, yet they're ready to risk their lives to help. He sends a quick prayer of thanks to Kavan for providing such staunch allies on his road, then turns to Maia with a twinkle of humor in his tawny eyes.

"The note sets the meeting place behind the Blue Ox. Perhaps we should go there and ask after this Madarius? If I'm supposed to be him, as the author of the note plainly believes, I should at least try to find out what I'm like . . ."

[sblock=OOC]I think Maia's the only one left at the church with Pari at this point. If not, his comment will be directed at whoever else is there as well. Regardless, he'll head to the Blue Ox - assuming he can find it - and ask about Madarius.

I'd post up a little more, but I'm not even sure what the Blue Ox is - an inn? a tavern? a haven for oversized lumberjacks?

Time, Diplomacy (1d4=3, 1d20-1=1) (Rolling excellently, as usual! :erm:)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Shall we leave it that we'll meet again around noon near the Chapter House to compare notes?
OOC: that sounds best

Heinrich is not the least bit flustered. He looks for a weapons dealer(if this ok with the rest of the party .. .. .. ..) he sells the mwk mighty long bow +4 for 800 gp, then looks for a magic shop to try and buy a wand of cure light.

He stands around parusing the shop listening to gossip and such when he spots the scrolls.
(second failed gather info, trying another.

actions: sell mwk comp mighty +4 long bow: 800 gp for party
buy wand of cure light: 750 gp
for self: looking to buy Scroll Break weapon
looking for scroll ear piercing scream

gather info check 1 (rolled by dm) fail- time spent: 1 hour
gather info check 2 (rolled by me) 5 (most likely a fail) time spent 1 hpopur
gather info check 3 (rolled by me) 20 tiem spent: 2 hours

after 4 hours, Heinrich returns, stoic, but with out the long bow he left with. He arrives at the pre arranged meeting spot.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After two hours, Ausk learns that Krell is a tough mercenary fighter who works for some unknown, but well-funded patron. He used to associate with a pair of thieves going by the names Madarius and Gregor. He learns nothing of Narissa.

Heinrich learns nothing of interest in Arcane Row pertaining to your investigation into Narissa.

GM: To find out what/where the Blue Ox is, would require a Knowledge Local check.

I updated the first post regarding the wand.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I learn niecht uf demon bat, but I find Zauberstab des Heilens." he places a wand and 50 gp on a table before the party.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: I think you all can meet at the Chapter House early afternoon. I am waiting for how Maia spent the morning and some Knowledge Local checks to see if anyone knows what/where the Blue Ox is.

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=Ausk's mini stats]
Ausk
Initiative: +1
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 34 Current: 34
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +3

Current Weapon:
Notable Effects:

Rage Remaining: 6 rounds
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 5/5[/sblock]