[LPF]Something's Cooking

sunshadow21

Explorer
The imp screeches in pain as the dog lands a solid bite, but with no one else able to land a blow, it is able to disappear before they can try again. Meanwhile, Vincenzo moves up to where he can provide support to the summoners if need be, which is a good thing, because just as one imp is disappearing, another appears right by Ni, sinking it's stinger into Ni's arm, making the gnome wince in pain.

[sblock=combat information]
Upstairsround2.png

Fulgrim (X, 13) 21/28 (25/32)
Lu (U, 13) 7/11
Ni (T, 12) 5/9
Sauvressa (Y, 15) 18/20
Temarel (W, 12) 16/16
Vincenzo (T, 11) 6/22

Celestial Dog (Y, 12)

Imp 1 (unknown) 7 damage
Imp 2 (U, 13)[/sblock]

OOC: Ni needs to make a Fort save DC 13 or take 1 point of Dex damage. The party is up.

As for what you know about the imps: you know they have damage reduction that can be bypassed by good aligned attacks and silver; you know they have fast healing; you know that fire and poison don't bother them, and that acid and cold work less than well against them; you know they have numerous spell like abilities that can make them annoying foes; you know they have a limited ability to change shapes. You don't know specifics beyond that, but that should still give you enough to work with.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim grows obviously frustrated by enemies using magic to thwart him. He swings again at the spot just in front of him, hoping the sneaky creature is still there.

[sblock=OOC]

Still Raging, No Power Attack
Attack -- 1d20+8=11

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 28 Current: 21 (Raging 25/32)
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +6 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 32 Current: 25
CMB: +7 CMD: 16 Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 8/11

MW Greataxe +8 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Reaching for his damaged arm, Ni curses aloud in pleasant, sing-songy celestial. As he takes a step backwards, moving in front of Vincenzo, both Lumoi'es and the celestial dog rush to attack the imp responsible, snapping at the hovering creature with their powerful jaws. Seeing Lu miss badly, Ni mutters, "Time for a break, old boy...", and with a single, complex weaving of his hands, the shadowy creature shimmers, and then fades completely.

[sblock=Actions]Lu moves to U14, attacks with a bite.
Celestial Dog moves to U12 if you'll allow it to move in such a way as to avoid the AoO; if not, then place it at V12. I'll add the +2 for flanking into the attack roll; you can remove it if it doesn't apply.
Ni makes his Fort save, takes a 5' step to U11, dismisses Lu (a standard action).[/sblock] [sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 5/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2

Eidolon: Unsummoned
HP: 7/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tark

First Post
OOC: ooooook any ideas on how we should go about this? I'm thinking this is not a good room to be fighting people in and we should grab the old man and retreat to a more favorable field.

Qik

First Post
OOC: My instinct is to say that leaving the room won't really do us much good - if they're in here, they can follow us out. Plus, in the time it would take us to move to more favorable terrain (outside?), we'll have been stung to high heavens. Anyway, perhaps it's only one imp? Hard to say. I'm trusting that SS isn't totally screwing us (especially worried about Ni, considering he's a rather squishy level 1). Vincenzo being almost out of HP is also pretty grim. Don't have any particularly worthwhile plans, though, besides trying to kill the sucker(s).

IronWolf

blank
OOC:
Fulgrim is raging, he probably doesn't have the greatest battle sense right now. With that said...

It would probably take at least two rounds to get out of this room cleanly with the unconcious man. We would stand the chance of maybe being able to trap at least one imp in this room, so we could maybe handle one at a time - but that seems a long shot.

The Celestial Dogs are quite useful here. You only get 1 per day, but that smite lasts against that creature until the smite target is dead or until the summoned creature disappears.

Make sure to try to take advantage of flanking whenever we can. That helps me power attack which will help me a lot with their DR.

The invisibility is going to suck unless one of you casters have something cool! Fulgrim has some powder which can work cool against non-flying invisible creatures, but not so good against these.

Does anyone have any healing of any sort? I only have one more healing potion left as I used two on me and one on Vincenzo earlier.

Qik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, I'm planning on pulling a few more celestials to smite, which is why I withdrew Lu (which reminds me, I failed to add in the +2 from the smite in my last damage roll, so if the dog's 16 does hit, the damage is 10).

Ni has very little to help in the way of detecting invisibility, unfortunately.

Tark

First Post
OOC: Nah it's definitely two at least. I'm not going to metagame too much and explain why. But I will say that there's very few thigns that cna do two standard actions a round and an imp ain't one. The healing I've got is for sauvressa which is where we have a major advantage. We can drag them out into a corridor and if they really want to get use they have to get through a flood of ni's summons and still get the crap kicked out of them by an eidolon with a wand wielding summoner behind her. And I still have a spell that can enalarge her and make her reach somewhere in the ridiculous range. And sadly Glitterdust is not on my list of thigns to cast. :( If you guys want to slug it out Temarel can drag the man to safety while sauvressa stays back and you can take advantage of her reach.

sunshadow21

Explorer
There will be a solution to the invisibility problem arriving at the end of this round. I was going to hold that bit of information off, but since it's quite relevant to the conversation you are having, I'll share it now. Also, bear in mind, the imps are intelligent, they know exactly who is summoning the celestial dogs.

sunshadow21

Explorer
which reminds me, I failed to add in the +2 from the smite in my last damage roll, so if the dog's 16 does hit, the damage is 10.

I'll allow it this time, but in the future, you really need to think of that when you roll. If you want to play a summoner, it is up to you to keep track of their stuff.

Remove ads